BANNED

Default Ruins of Ravencroft

I don't think anyone's put up a thread for this yet but, having read the Carnage and Sabretooth one-shots, I've got to say this is a surprisingly nifty series.

The two one-shots released so far have been really cool - exploring the hidden history of the institute with bookends in the present (featuring John Jameson, Misty Knight, Kingpin, and Mr. Fantastic) - so I can only imagine how good the main mini will be.

I've always thought Marvel was sleeping on the potential of Ravencroft as Marvel's answer to Arkham and I'm happy to see that they're making a real effort to bump up its profile in the MU as a wellspring of evil and insanity.

Anyone else been checking this out? For those that haven't, I highly recommend giving it a shot.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I've read them both. Not bad, and having Ravencroft entwined as it's been with the history of the broader Marvel Universe is going to make things even more compelling, at least for me.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Bought the Sabertooth issue today. Quickly bought the Carnage one afterwards. I agree, I like how Tieri is weaving the history of the broader Marvel Universe into this. Tieri is a history buff to begin with, so he loves just intertwining MCU history with real history. And if you're a reader of Tieri's works, you'll notice that he always likes to pepper in certain aspects of the Marvel Universe mythos and lore into his comics. This latest Sabertooth issue was a HUGE callback to characters he previously worked with or has an interest in.

As for the story itself, I like it. I like secret histories of the Marvel Universe and throwbacks to character archetypes from the past. Kinda looks like Tieri wants to establish that idea that there's always been a curse on Ravencroft land which is cool.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

From the Ruins of Ravencroft stories i will be just reading the Dracula story for now.
    I am looking forward to the main five issues limited series of Ravencroft.That´s a limited series that i will be collecting for sure.