Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Solicitations for Future State GL say the backup Jess feature will her up against the Sinestro Corps but apparently ringless.
    Maybe to get her ready for the HBO Max encounter lol. Should be a fun story

Maybe she'll still have some left over Omega power from Justice League Odyssey?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Or maybe the story will have her replacing her ring somehow?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

spoilers:
    Wasn't it the Jess with Omega Powers who died with New-God Cyborg on the Reef ?
    end of spoilers

No. spoilers:
    It was mentioned that she'd need to ask the Corps for a new ring. If the younger Jess was the survivor, then she'd already have one.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jessica is getting her own graphic novel in 2021 titled Unearthed: A Jessica Cruz Story.

Acclaimed author Lilliam Rivera and artist Steph C. reimagine one of DC’s greatest Green Lanterns, Jessica Cruz, to tell a story about immigration, family, and overcoming fear to inspire hope.

Jessica Cruz has done everything right. She’s a dedicated student, popular among her classmates, and has a loving family that has done everything they can to give her a better life in the United States. While Jessica is a part of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, allowing her to go to school and live in the U.S., her parents are undocumented. Jessica usually worries for her parents, but her fears and anxiety escalate as a mayoral candidate with a strong anti-immigration stance runs for office.

As the xenophobia in Coast City increases, Jessica begins to debate whether it’s worth renewing her status to stay in the U.S., or if her family would be safer and better off moving back to Mexico. And despite her attempts to lean on her friends and family, she finds herself constantly visited by visions of Aztec gods, one pulling her towards hope and the other towards anger.

But when her father is detained by I.C.E., Jessica finds herself being pulled into an abyss of fear. With her father gone and feeling helpless, Jessica must find her way out of her fears and ultimately become a voice for her community.

Ultimate Member

But when her father is detained by I.C.E., Jessica finds herself being pulled into an abyss of fear. With her father gone and feeling helpless, Jessica must find her way out of her fears and ultimately become a voice for her community.
    The Usual suspects are going to be fit throwing over this.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Does it really matter anyway? They already threw a tantrum when she was first introduced lol. Though I honestly feel this kind of story fits Jaime Reyes more, especially the whole Aztec gods part.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Does it really matter anyway? They already threw a tantrum when she was first introduced lol. Though I honestly feel this kind of story fits Jaime Reyes more, especially the whole Aztec gods part.
    Yeah, I'm really curious how they connect that to the GL mythos because you see the GL symbol on the cover.

Was wanting them to do one (to the point I was even doing thought experiments on what one would look like and how feasible a fan comic would be). Not entirely sold on the cover art and I do agree with other commentators that connecting to Aztec mythology with seemingly no actual Green Lantern references as of yet is a little puzzling. Tying into the current immigration problems is something I hadn't considered, but sounds like a good idea.

I guess overall, I kinda want to see how this plays out before forming strong opinions, but I am very curious and will be giving it a chance when it comes out.

It's usually a good thing when they do.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

and I for one will be loving every minute of it. have we reached the point were we can mock these people and their bad faith "arguments" that always "just so happen" to be leveled at characters of color yet? have we reached that point? I'd love it if we did.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-24-2020 at 09:39 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Y'know, the synopsis talking about her parents and her dad getting captured at ICE reminds me that she had two moms on DC Super Hero Girls.

What? So DCSHG based her on Marvel's America Chavez?

What? So DCSHG based her on Marvel's America Chavez?
    Well, the cartoon version is definitely more outgoing than normal Jess, but I don't think they deliberately styled her after America Chavez.

Like, she's a pacifist, for one.

Well, America's the only character I can think of with two Moms. Seems like at least that much was ripped off from her.