Mighty Member

Default After Future State Teams Rosters

Hello,
    saw this

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-s...ns-new-roster/

and I am already annoyed:

-Naomi and Hiippolyta in the JL?
    Why???
    Sorry, but there are characters like Conner Kent, Bart Allen, Tim Drake, Cassie Sandsmark, Miss Martian etc. etc. etc. who are around for years and have many feats, but a complete new character like Naomi gets into the JL???

-Titans Roster:
    Roundhouse, Emiko....in the roster, but no Cassie Sandsmark, Conner Kent, Tim Drake, Bart Allen, Iris West 2, Miss Martian...?

Why do they put Conner in the Suicide Squad and seperate him from Cassie,Bart and Tim?

It would have been the perfect moment to put Johns TT and Nightwings Titans together in one team.

DC doesn’t care about Tim, Kon, Bart, or Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    saw this

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-s...ns-new-roster/

and I am already annoyed:

-Naomi and Hiippolyta in the JL?
    Why???
    Sorry, but there are characters like Conner Kent, Bart Allen, Tim Drake, Cassie Sandsmark, Miss Martian etc. etc. etc. who are around for years and have many feats, but a complete new character like Naomi gets into the JL???

-Titans Roster:
    Roundhouse, Emiko....in the roster, but no Cassie Sandsmark, Conner Kent, Tim Drake, Bart Allen, Iris West 2, Miss Martian...?

Why do they put Conner in the Suicide Squad and seperate him from Cassie,Bart and Tim?

It would have been the perfect moment to put Johns TT and Nightwings Titans together in one team.
    Because your favs aren't that great ? Because peoples are more interested writing those characters ? Because Bendis just wanted those ? Because Tim's generations has been trying to be something, anything, for so long while always failing that perhaps DC isn't really interested in them anymore ?

Seriously, move on. I know you're like the fanest of the fans for those characters, but they don't deserve ****. No character does.

I thought that Suicide Squad team took place on a different earth?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The one that sticks out like dog's balls to me is Naomi on the JL roster. That one doesn't make a lick of sense to me. I get Bendis taking the opportunity of pushing a character he created - I just don't like it.
    Hippolyta isn't a problem for me as she's been there before.
    Superboy as a member of the Suicide Squad is straight up stupid to me, and I gave up on the Titans shortly after Rebirth title came in DOA.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Because your favs aren't that great ?
    The rest might true and has some weight to it.But,Last i checked conner is the most liked superman family member aside from kara,clark and lois.I would say conner is way better than clark many a times.Impulse and miss martian are damn cool as well.Seriously a white martian and a look into the martian social structure?Yeah!it has potential.(white martian invasion thing was boring and typical though).Rest i have no opinion on.We already have donna,armtemis,yara..etc and wonder woman stole cassie's shtick of being zeus's duaghter.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The one that sticks out like dog's balls to me is Naomi on the JL roster. That one doesn't make a lick of sense to me. I get Bendis taking the opportunity of pushing a character he created - I just don't like it.
    Hippolyta isn't a problem for me as she's been there before.
    Superboy as a member of the Suicide Squad is straight up stupid to me, and I gave up on the Titans shortly after Rebirth title came in DOA.
    Well, she's clearly there because Bendis always adds a pet character to his team books. But if we remember JL is usually comprised of characters that can hold their own solos, Naomi being there isn't so outside the norm. It's not like Firestorm was the most experienced hero when he joined and there weren't tons of more experienced young heroes that could have been there instead. But he was the one with the solo.
    Granted, Naomi's book is currently on hiatus, but that's probably due to them wanting to wait until they can reunite the original creative team.
    The fact she is so new also makes her the perfect POV character. She's the League's Kitty Pryde. A new character that logically should join the junior team (New Mutants at the time), but ends up joining the main one because she provides a unique outlook on the situations the team ends up in.

--
    Also, after hearing WW is in Valhalla in her solo's first arc, the inclusion of Hippolyta makes a lot more sense. I would have prefered Nubia, but when have DC ever had two black women on the JL roster at the same time?
    Black Adam will be Bendis' new Wolverine. A popular wildcard that will change the team's usual dynamics. He obviously isn't as popular as Wolverine, but it makes sense to give him a push since he's got a movie coming.
    --
    As for the YJ4... (And this is mostly in response to the OP)
    I think it's a huge shame they didn't get a proper shot at a reunion. Bendis missed a huge opportunity by writing his most decompressed book and have it all center around incomprehensible continuity messes.
    But the fact is that all DC will see is that the last attempt at a YJ4 book didn't sell. So these characters aren't going to be together again very soon, or even get much of a spotlight (especially Cassie and Bart). So they're obviously not joining the League alongside their "mentors". They'd just be duplicates there. Naomi is at least a unique addition.
    And Suicide Squad is a really weird place for Conner, but it may be his only shot at being somewhat relevant currently, considering he's no longer DC's favorite Superboy. It s*cks, but it is what is is. Let's not pretend these characters had any chance of joining the flagship team.
    --
    Titans is a mess. They're going for the least innovative concept ever, adding tons of new characters that will end up in limbo, including THREE new Bat-characters, intead of focusing on the many underused Titans they already have.
    Even if the book is good, I can't see it being any different than Avengers Academy, a decent comic that debuted new teen heroes in a school setting and NONE of them had any lasting impact. The book only cemented the limbo status of the previous generation (Avengers Iniative) and eventually gave way to new YA books (the team fans wanted all along).

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Guys, just don't. He makes threads to complain and rarely engages in discussions afterwards. It's always about the YJ4, particularly Conner, and sometimes others like Traci 13.

The answer is because DC is moving forward and those characters don't reflect where they want to go or the current creators would like some royalty checks for adaptions because unless you made the character, when a movie gets made all you get is a "special thanks."

It's financially and creatively more satisfying for creators to make new characters. It helps everyone but you, the reader who prefers a specific take on a character. Look, I love a lot of B-and-below listers. Tim is my preferred Robin if Dick's not in the role (and I prefer him as Nightwing), so I get it, but you seriously have to move on. Enjoy them when they show up but otherwise accept that DC isn't promoting the YJ4 to people because the young people who loved them are all 30 now and there's nothing sadder than old people who pretend to be kids. The YJ4 were cool, and a lot of us still like them, but they were the characters you are complaining about when they launched.

What's wrong with Clark Kent Superboy? Why can't Dick be Robin? Why is Donna Troy no longer good enough to be Wonder Girl? Why couldn't Wally just be Kid Flash?!

Your dad's generation was asking that when you got your wish and the YJ4 were the new hot team. Well, welcome to the next generation of fandom. This is how these things work.

The YJ4 are not the preferred versions right now, and they won't be probably. Tim is a BAT character so he will be around, Conner is gonna go YJ show covert and weaker in the suicide squad, and maybe Bart will show up some in the flash book, Cassie is probably gonna be MIA.

I like the same characters you do, but I know, as they are now they will not be on a JL team anytime soon, and we should just cross our fingers thst we see them show up in another characters book or in a event book someday

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I thought that Suicide Squad team took place on a different earth?
    Thats the future state issues. I think the modern day version takes place on earth prime. But they could have missions to earth 3.

Tim somehow keeps falling upwards. His YJ book was a complete bomb and he has been struggling for so long with a direction and an identity, but now they just make him the only Robin again after moving Damian out of the role and Tynion is going to write him in his Batman book because he is such a big Tim fanboy. I guess being a Bat character saves him over the other YJ characters. A character like Cassie will be in a rough state for a while I imagine, same with Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    The YJ4 are not the preferred versions right now, and they won't be probably. Tim is a BAT character so he will be around, Conner is gonna go YJ show covert and weaker in the suicide squad, and maybe Bart will show up some in the flash book, Cassie is probably gonna be MIA.

I like the same characters you do, but I know, as they are now they will not be on a JL team anytime soon, and we should just cross our fingers thst we see them show up in another characters book or in a event book someday
    Cassie's the one we should be concerned about, as she's about to be replaced as Wonder Girl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    DC doesn’t care about Tim, Kon, Bart, or Cassie.
    I'm pretty sure young justice is getting relaunched, Bendis hinted as much.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm pretty sure young justice is getting relaunched, Bendis hinted as much.
    Do you have a link? All evidence seems to point to the team being sent to limbo past January.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Do you have a link? All evidence seems to point to the team being sent to limbo past January.
    Conner's in Suicide Squad and thats confirmed to be his home for the foreseeable future, the Superman Line has no plans for him. Tim's Robin again and going to be hanging around the Bat-Line in 2021 and Bart is on the cover of Flash for March.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe