Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean if it matters she has tried to date the Flash during the start of Rebirth and kissed Batman once, so I assume she’s straight.
    Thanks.

Someone in another forum put her in the lgbtq category, and I wasn’t sure why.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, just thinking of blacks and gays is too narrow minded. In truth, anyone who isn't a white heterosexual male is diverse.
    And that’s interesting, because a group of five white men who each have a Scottish, Italian, Hungarian, French, and Jewish heritage, and other aspects such as disabilities and in mindset, can count as diverse, or am I completely wrong on that?
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 05-20-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Thanks.

Someone in another forum put her in the lgbtq category, and I wasn’t sure why.
    Apparently she has two moms in the current DC Super Hero Girls series.

As far as I am aware she and her sister have just a normal father/mother in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Apparently she has two moms in the current DC Super Hero Girls series.

As far as I am aware she and her sister have just a normal father/mother in the comics.
    Thanks for the info

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Will Conrad‘s art of Jessica is nice as usual (Justice League Odyssey #21, June 2020).

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

https://screenrant.com/doom-patrol-g...sica-cruz/amp/

I would be down for Guerrero playing Jessica! She's a great actress, plus she's voiced Jess before, so she already knows the character. No reason she can't play both Jane and Jessica! Come on DC, make Jessica a main character in the Green Lantern show! Please?

Also, do you guys think Jessica will be keeping her new Omgea powers and change her code name? Or will she get a new ring?
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post

I would be down for Guerrero playing Jessica! She's a great actress, plus she's voiced Jess before, so she already knows the character. No reason she can't play both Jane and Jessica! Come on DC, make Jessica a main character in the Green Lantern show! Please?

Also, do you guys think Jessica will be keeping her new Omgea powers and change her code name? Or will she get a new ring?
    I wouldn't be surprised if she appears in the Green Lantern series at some point.

Feels like it's too soon to be giving her a new codename/ring...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if she appears in the Green Lantern series at some point.

Feels like it's too soon to be giving her a new codename/ring...
    I hope she does! And I didn't mean new ring as in new color, I meant cause her ring is broken so she would have to get a new GL ring, just clarifying, in case of confusion haha. And I agree, it does seem too soon, but they also gave her a new power already, so who knows what they plan to do. I just hope she doesn't go anywhere.
    Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post

I'm fine either way because I see the pros and cons. I love Jessica as a Green Lantern and she's becomes a great additional female presence in the Green Lantern Corps mythos, but the Greens have been a bit saturated and crammed filling the same super-niché. On the other hand, I love new directions and allowing these characters to grow out of their given roles to new ones because it can make the characters more distinct and dynamic. however, there is the fear that if she taken too far removed from the Green Lantern mythos that she'll lose a bit of her identity and the support from DC won't be there to really capitalize on the new direction. If her powers were switched to a different Corps, I'd be all in, but the Omega powers feel too alien and removed from her usual niché; I don't want her to double down and get left in the wind by DC.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I think it’s only a matter of time until we see Jessica Cruz in live action. She’s become quite popular for such a young character

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean if it matters she has tried to date the Flash during the start of Rebirth and kissed Batman once, so I assume she’s straight.
    Wasnt there also a scene in which John Stewart trained her and she (in her thougths) reminded herself to NOT look at Johns muscles?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Wasnt there also a scene in which John Stewart trained her and she (in her thougths) reminded herself to NOT look at Johns muscles?
    Correct, but she also seemed a bit into Starfire too. I mean, she could be figuring herself out, or maybe she's bi. But who knows, right now she doesn't seemed focused on romance haha.
    Pulls:

I wonder what will happen to Jessica now that JLO is ending? Hopefully she doesn’t get stuck in limbo like her other counterparts (Guy, Kyle and Simon).

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I wonder what will happen to Jessica now that JLO is ending? Hopefully she doesn’t get stuck in limbo like her other counterparts (Guy, Kyle and Simon).
    She’s over in Death Metal with the rest of the Green Lanterns, given the fact that John was tasked with leading the lanterns across the multiverse it’s possible she could be in Multiverses end one shot this month

C3D6FF45-36DE-4474-B326-E741131F4368.jpg

8494C793-1D46-4495-AA2B-A48358DD2B83.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-03-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Doubt it. Green Lantern will relaunch in a few months, Morrison's run ends at issue 12 (which will be a 27 issue run over all, two 12 issue seasons and the 3 issue Blackstars mini in between). Hopefully all the Corps will be used by the next writer. She could also be on a new JLA secondary team, or even the Titans (given that Odyssey did feature two Titans and if Kyle's young enough to be one, then Jess is).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman