Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Bringing back this thread because she was mentioned in the John Stewart thread. What race do you consider Jessica Cruz? Does she count as a diverse character? A poster was debating that she’s another White character and is similar to Diana or Harley, race wise. Curious to see what others think.
    She's Latina; early press releases described her as Mexican American and the Green Lanterns comics established that she Honduran on her mother's side.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Just bought Green Lanterns Vol 1 Rage Planet and Justice League Odyssey The Ghost Sector as I'm interested in Reading Jessica Cruz stories... on there way...

Eiza Gonzalez as Jessica Cruz. Eiza or Christian Serratos would be my choice to portray Jessica in live action.

According to new rumors, the GL HBO Max show will star Jessica and Simon (in the present) and Sinestro/Abin Sur (in the past). It’ll connect to the GLC DCEU movie which will star Hal and John! Seems too good to be true but I’m hoping it is!
    Last edited by Samm; 05-18-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    According to new rumors, the GL HBO Max show will star Jessica and Simon (in the present) and Sinestro/Abin Sur (in the past). It’ll connect to the GLC DCEU movie which will star Hal and Jordan! Seems too good to be true but I’m hoping it is!
    I’d watch that, would be interesting to watch a show where we can see green lantern sinestro in the past as we see his fall to villainy and then him in the present where we see him leading the sinestro corps as the villain. Be a good dichotomy if you ask me.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Bringing back this thread because she was mentioned in the John Stewart thread. What race do you consider Jessica Cruz?
    Does she count as a diverse character?
    A poster was debating that she’s another White character and is similar to Diana or Harley, race wise. Curious to see what others think.
    She's Latina, likely Hispanic+Native American mix, like many N. American Latinos.
    And yes she absolutely counts as "a diverse character" (is that a term?), in gender and ethnicity.
    Not sure how that's even being challenged.

According to new rumors, the GL HBO Max show will star Jessica and Simon (in the present) and Sinestro/Abin Sur (in the past). It’ll connect to the GLC DCEU movie which will star Hal and John! Seems too good to be true but I’m hoping it is!
    Wow, that would be fantastic.
    Any links? Source? Citations you can share
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-18-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    She's Latina, likely Hispanic+Native American mix, like many N. American Latinos.
    And yes she absolutely counts as "a diverse character" (is that a term?), in gender and ethnicity.
    I get the feeling, and I think I recall people trying to tell this to me on other social media sites, that many people challenging that only feel that “true diversity” is with black or gay characters, and that everyone else is “of lesser priority.” That isn’t even taking into account that diversity can matter with diversity of thought, dreams, hopes, personality, and so on and so forth.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Thanks!
    El_Gato and i were in another thread debating another poster.
    It was being challenged there.

Here is the thread.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2020/page27

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I get the feeling, and I think I recall people trying to tell this to me on other social media sites, that many people challenging that only feel that “true diversity” is with black or gay characters, and that everyone else is “of lesser priority.” That isn’t even taking into account that diversity can matter with diversity of thought, dreams, hopes, personality, and so on and so forth.
    Yeah, just thinking of blacks and gays is too narrow minded. In truth, anyone who isn't a white heterosexual male is diverse.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

What sexuality is Jessica?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    The issue is you see way more backlash to blacks and gays than others. Almost every movement of backlash seem to target one or the other way more than any other groups at times.

No one is going to review bomb a Jessica Cruz movie or show but watch them do that to John Stewart.
    No one had issues with Poe in Star Wars-yet Finn (later Rose) was another story.

She is a person of color. You just have folks who feel or have the idea that only certain ones should be accepted. It's why you see some get backlash more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issue is you see way more backlash to blacks and gays than others. Almost every movement of backlash seem to target one or the other way more than any other groups at times.

No one is going to review bomb a Jessica Cruz movie or show but watch them do that to John Stewart.
    No one had issues with Poe in Star Wars-yet Finn (later Rose) was another story.

She is a person of color. You just have folks who feel or have the idea that only certain ones should be accepted. It's why you see some get backlash more than others.
    If Jessica got a lead role over say Hal Jordan, she’d be bombarded by nothing but sexist and racist comments, and claims of being a “diversity hire” only included to please SJW’s... blah blah blah... the usual. That’s why I’m curious that if she is indeed a lead in the GLc series, what kind of reaction she’ll get.

I still remember the old Dc board and the kind of reaction the likes of Jaime, Jason and Ryan got when they were first introduced or when when Renee took over as Question. Bad times!

I would make sense not to use Hal, frankly. His movie didn't set the box office on fire.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hmm...it's an interesting premise, but I just don't buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think she's shown she's interested in guys, but she's never had a serious romance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I would make sense not to use Hal, frankly. His movie didn't set the box office on fire.
    Neither did Justice League, but that brand isn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I mean if it matters she has tried to date the Flash during the start of Rebirth and kissed Batman once, so I assume she’s straight.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.