Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 130
  1. #61
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,987
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  2. #62
    Writer of Jack The Hunted Power Torch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes! Now I hope she shows up more in the comics, DC has a star GL for sure. Would hate for her to disappear. I know she was in Multiverse End, but I didn't add it to my pull cause I had no idea she was in it haha.

    Pulls:
    Lion Forge: Summit, All CPU Titles. DC: Justice League Dark. Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Champions. Valiant: Shadowman. Dynamite: Vampirella, Sacred Six, Vampirella: Dark Powers.
    Support Catalyst Prime! A brand new, amazing & creative superhero universe from Lion Forge!

  3. #63
    Incredible Member Samm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    785

    Default

    I wonder who they’ll cast as her? Eiza Gonzalez is the fan favorite, and honestly she needs a superhero role already, but homely I wouldn’t mind an unknown either.

  4. #64
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I wonder who they’ll cast as her? Eiza Gonzalez is the fan favorite, and honestly she needs a superhero role already, but homely I wouldn’t mind an unknown either.
    For curiosity, there is a parallel thread in TV/Film section too- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-Lantern-show

  5. #65
    Incredible Member Samm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    For curiosity, there is a parallel thread in TV/Film section too- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-Lantern-show
    Yeah i saw that. Whoever they cast depends on the age they’re going for Jessica. I can see Jenna of Isabela if they’re going super young early adulthood Jessica or Eiza Gonzalez maybe Christian Serratos if they want a more mature Jessica (mid to late 20’s). I don’t see Ana or Adria as Jessica at all, they’re the wrong race imo.

  6. #66
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I don’t see Ana ....as Jessica at all, they’re the wrong race imo.
    ...........?

    Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Adria Arjona Torres was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico,... Her mother, Leslie Torres, is Puerto Rican, and her father, Ricardo Arjona, is a Guatemalan.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-10-2020 at 11:14 AM.

  7. #67
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Great for Jess! And she'll get to be with Simon too .

  8. #68
    Incredible Member Samm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    ...........?
    Race is not the same as ethnicity. Ana is a White Latina. Jessica is clearly a Brown/Native/Mestizo woman. I don’t see Adria as Jessica

    So an actress like Francia Raisa probably fits Jessica the most since she’s Mexican/Honduran like Jessica.

    My top choices would be:

    1) Francia Raisa
    2) Christian Serratos
    3) Stephanie Sigman
    4) Eiza Gonzalez (kind want her for Hawkgirl or Zatanna tho)

  9. #69
    BCB 4sake Baned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Race is not the same as ethnicity. Ana is a White Latina. Jessica is clearly a Brown/Native/Mestizo woman. I don’t see Adria as Jessica

    So an actress like Francia Raisa probably fits Jessica the most since she’s Mexican/Honduran like Jessica.

    My top choices would be:

    1) Francia Raisa
    2) Christian Serratos
    3) Stephanie Sigman
    4) Eiza Gonzalez (kind want her for Hawkgirl or Zatanna tho)
    Good list, I agree Francia Raisa is my 1st choice, my 2nd would Jenna Ortega & lastly Naya Rivera (RIP) could be great aswell.

  10. #70
    Incredible Member Samm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Good list, I agree Francia Raisa is my 1st choice, my 2nd would Jenna Ortega & lastly Naya Rivera (RIP) could be great aswell.
    I wonder if they would cast someone so young (Jenna). Wonder what age range they’re going for? But I’m of the opinion they’ll make Jess an adult woman

  11. #71
    Mighty Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    Maria Gabriela de Faria would make a great Jessica. Only saw her on Deadly Class, but I really liked the work she did.

  12. #72
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Race is not the same as ethnicity. Ana is a White Latina. Jessica is clearly a Brown/Native/Mestizo woman. I don’t see Adria as Jessica

    So an actress like Francia Raisa probably fits Jessica the most since she’s Mexican/Honduran like Jessica.

    My top choices would be:

    1) Francia Raisa
    2) Christian Serratos
    3) Stephanie Sigman
    4) Eiza Gonzalez (kind want her for Hawkgirl or Zatanna tho)
    unfortunately, Hollywood "doesn't see color" so there is a GOOD chance whoever does the casting won't be able to tell the difference and will "just so happen" to cast a white Latina actress; which would be unfortunate imo.

    you have a good crop of choices, I wouldn't mind any of these. (side bar: I agree Eiza would make a good Hawkgirl but I think Kendra is supposed to be afro-latina so I would rather her for Jess so they could go with an afro-latina actress). I'd throw in Melissa Barrera, she has a show called Vida and she's gonna be in the In the Heights movie coming down the pipeline; she has a grounded relatable vibe that reminds me of Jess. Her sister on the show (Mishel Prada) plays a more neurotic type-A kinda character, I think she could pull off a fresh just coming out of her severe anxiety era Jess.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia and Dark Multiverse: METAL was great
    I support militant Professor X
    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Far Sector, Other History of the DC
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books, Venom, Shang-Chi
    Anticipated titles: The Next Batman, Future State: Green Lantern, FS: Aquaman, FS: Wonder Woman, Immortal Wonder Woman
    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  13. #73
    Amazing Member Aramis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I love how much of a breakthrought character she's become in a decade. If adding to it, she becomes the lead or center of the new show, she will skyrocket to a point where she will be unbeatable.

  14. #74
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    unfortunately, Hollywood "doesn't see color" so there is a GOOD chance whoever does the casting won't be able to tell the difference and will "just so happen" to cast a white Latina actress; which would be unfortunate imo.

    you have a good crop of choices, I wouldn't mind any of these. (side bar: I agree Eiza would make a good Hawkgirl but I think Kendra is supposed to be afro-latina so I would rather her for Jess so they could go with an afro-latina actress). I'd throw in Melissa Barrera, she has a show called Vida and she's gonna be in the In the Heights movie coming down the pipeline; she has a grounded relatable vibe that reminds me of Jess. Her sister on the show (Mishel Prada) plays a more neurotic type-A kinda character, I think she could pull off a fresh just coming out of her severe anxiety era Jess.
    Honestly, I think Holywood only see color. That's why they always think a Latino character should have darker skin.

    In fact, it is more unlikely that Holywood would hire a white latino actor for a latino character. They would usually hire a darkest skin latino, because they want to let clear that the character is latino.

  15. #75
    Mighty Member Ra-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I think Holywood only see color. That's why they always think a Latino character should have darker skin.

    In fact, it is more unlikely that Holywood would hire a white latino actor for a latino character. They would usually hire a darkest skin latino, because they want to let clear that the character is latino.
    But not dark enough that they would cast a black actor to play Sunspot, or have Gina Torres play a latina even though she is one.

    The problem with Hollywood, and the US in general is that they have a very narrow view of what constitute being a latino. This is clear with Gina Torres, who don't get roles of latinas and on James Roday who had to change his names because he was too white to play a latino.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •