Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

I'm starting to wonder if this is really going to feel like a Jessica Cruz story at the end of the day...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if this is really going to feel like a Jessica Cruz story at the end of the day...
    In my experience, a lot of these stories are very tenuously based on DC properties. This is looking like that, but as long as it works for the target audience, more power to the creative team. I can't see this doing any harm so hopefully it really works and gets more kids reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    In my experience, a lot of these stories are very tenuously based on DC properties. This is looking like that, but as long as it works for the target audience, more power to the creative team. I can't see this doing any harm so hopefully it really works and gets more kids reading.
    Most I've read I could at least see what they were going for in terms of the story with the character used, but maybe it'll strike me when I actually read it.

Most I've read I could at least see what they were going for in terms of the story with the character used, but maybe it'll strike me when I actually read it.
    Yeah, but it's clearly alternate universe stuff with light connections to the source material. And that's fine. A lot of grown men are losing their minds that books aimed at younger readers, particularly girls, are unacceptable. It's baffling. Art on this one's not for me and it doesn't much feel like Green Lantern so I'm out. And that's also alright.

Yeah, but it's clearly alternate universe stuff with light connections to the source material. And that's fine. A lot of grown men are losing their minds that books aimed at younger readers, particularly girls, are unacceptable. It's baffling. Art on this one's not for me and it doesn't much feel like Green Lantern so I'm out. And that's also alright.
    For me I'm fine with different takes but they should in some way still be reflective of the character and property you're writing about, otherwise you could just change the names and make it a complete OC and nothing would be any different.

Hopefully that's not the approach they're taking here.

I'm curious if they are gonna tie her lantern ring to Aztec mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm curious if they are gonna tie her lantern ring to Aztec mythology.
    Would seem logical, given the new direction. Since the AU setting gives them a clean slate to do whatever they want, might as well do something that's cohesive over wedging in canon lore alongside the new stuff.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

For me I'm fine with different takes but they should in some way still be reflective of the character and property you're writing about, otherwise you could just change the names and make it a complete OC and nothing would be any different.

Hopefully that's not the approach they're taking here.
    I mean, I agree, but I think they're willing to go that far as long as they think it will sell and get kids liking Jessica Cruz as an IP.

I mean, I agree, but I think they're willing to go that far as long as they think it will sell and get kids liking Jessica Cruz as an IP.
    Hopefully it's true to the character in some respect then...

Hopefully it's true to the character in some respect then...
    Well, being put in a terrifying position and having to work through the fear that comes with it is a decent part of her characterization.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)