Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Astonishing Member

Hal Jordan is my favorite DC character period, but you know Far Sector is my favorite DC comic produced right now (if you don't count the Last God) it has the sci fi feel I love in a Green Lantern comic. Even moreso than GL Year Two which is less sci-fi and more Morissony which I get some people love but can be more hit or miss for me. I enjoy Far Sector so much I am going to pick up the author's sci-fi novels and might like to see her take a swing at Hal Jordan in the mothership GL title though I don't know if she has any interest in that.

I dug today's issue and I'm looking forward to the next 3. I'm still iffy about her and Future State but thats something else to look forward to.

Astonishing Member

It is weird when a character is so identified with one creator, it will be interesting to see if a different writer gets the characters voice right. I am totally confident in the quality level of Far Sector, the Future State stuff however??? We will have to wait and see.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

https://twitter.com/nkjemisin/status...69138772406272

I love the Gurren Lagann references in Far Sector
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Finally managed to read #9 today, and I am still so in love with the comic. I hope it gets a TPB soon because I need that art physically. Thinks are picking up I would say, but I only recently read the other Issues in one go back in October, so my perception might be a bit skewed.

I like that Jo will be appearing in FS JL. I hope it gets people talking and makes them willing to check her comic out because Far Sector deserves all the attention it can get. When I read Far Sector I always felt as if it was Prime Earth or at least close to it, so I'm not surprised that she is part of the League. I have also enjoyed Williamson's character work. He should be able to find his voice for Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I am assuming that because in the difference in how her ring works (that it is self-charging) is the reason why she still has power while the rest of the GLC is out of commission when the battery dies. Which I guess would make Jo the last green lantern in the entire universe during Future State.
    That's a good point. It also makes me think of Jade. She shouldn't be out of commission as well. Not that DC remembers that she exists.