Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Go Phillies

Default For weight loss, do any of you use

Ephedrine? I just bought some for my breathing (Bronkaid) and it's also really been curbing my appetite. Anyone else have any experiences with it?

No. For weight loss I eat less junk and exercise more. Fitness is the best, healthiest and most effective long term solution.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Go Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    No. For weight loss I eat less junk and exercise more. Fitness is the best, healthiest and most effective long term solution.
    Ugh.. so hard.....

Quote Originally Posted by Omar 382 View Post
    Ugh.. so hard.....
    It's hard to get and STAY ripped; it's not hard to trim down and be healthier. Literally just a little disciple and saying no to treats 20% of the time will make a colossal difference.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

The only thing I've found that works for weight loss is to carefully count every calorie and make sure you have a calorie deficit, whether that's created by exercise or by eating less. If you take in less calories than you burn, you'll lose weight. It takes some discipline but it works and it won't damage you like drugs or fads. The end. Put me on Dr. Oz so I can share this wisdom with the world.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Ephedrine is speed. Of course it curbs your appetite. I wouldn't recommend it as a weight-loss product, though, any more than I'd recommend taking up smoking (another heavy appetite suppressant). When you stop taking it, you'll just gain it all back.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

The only thing that's ever worked for me long-term is counting carbohydrates. Not a low-carb diet, necessarily, but just making sure I don't go overboard by setting an arbitrary limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar 382 View Post
    Ugh.. so hard.....
    If it was easy, everyone would be skinny.

I disagree about calorie counting. It's always good to check calories, just to make sure you're away of how much is in something BUT it's very, very easy to go wrong, or "miss-use" calorie counting. Often something with low calories is vastly more unhealthy for your body that something "full fat".

The best, most effective and healthy way to lose weigh/fat is to convert it into muscle (and that is achieved through exercise).

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    If it was easy, everyone would be skinny.

"Ang Lee is nominated for the Life of Pi; or what I call the six weeks after I take this dress off."

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-09-2015 at 02:53 PM.

BANNED

Any body worth having is worth fighting for.

PS: You do not actually convert fat to muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    If you take in less calories than you burn, you'll lose weight. It takes some discipline but it works.
    This is how I did it. I lost almost 50lbs that way.

I've lost 15 pounds since late July. I did it by actually reading those serving size labels on food, then only eating that amount. Plus I bought an indoor cycle and have been using it as something other than a coat rack.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Any body worth having is worth fighting for.
    I hate these slogans. The issue of being healthy and slimming down is always fuelled/motivated by 'unrealistic' body images taught by people working out 3 hours a day... and that demotivate too many people. If you have a normal job, and a normal life, you don't have that kind of time to dedicate to becoming "an Adonis" (hence = unrealistic). Weight lose shouldn't be about becoming a beauty model, a normal person shouldn't be using protein shakes or supplement; it should be about being a healthier individual. Lose some fat, gain some muscle. THAT is healthy; that is what should be taught. Don't lose weight because one day you'll be the next Arnie; lose weight, and do it right so you'll live longer with less health issues. It shouldn't be a goal of 3% body fat, or ripped six-packs; it should be about health and feeling better about yourself FOR YOU (not for others).

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I hate these slogans. The issue of being healthy and slimming down is always fuelled/motivated by 'unrealistic' body images taught by people working out 3 hours a day... and that demotivate too many people. If you have a normal job, and a normal life, you don't have that kind of time to dedicate to becoming "an Adonis" (hence = unrealistic). Weight lose shouldn't be about becoming a beauty model, a normal person shouldn't be using protein shakes or supplement; it should be about being a healthier individual. Lose some fat, gain some muscle. THAT is healthy; that is what should be taught. Don't lose weight because one day you'll be the next Arnie; lose weight, and do it right so you'll live longer with less health issues. It shouldn't be a goal of 3% body fat, or ripped six-packs; it should be about health and feeling better about yourself FOR YOU (not for others).
    I did a pseudo six pack thing for a shoot, a few years ago. Work out right so that, with the proper prep it looked good on camera. And... it sucked.

I like exercise but the ripped abs thing just felt useless. It wasn't fun exercise, nor did it feel particularly sturdy at all, it just looked good.

These days, I yoyo from muscle to no muscle to muscle, and I still get pasta-belly on occasion, but I feel better, feel sturdier, so hey. That, to me, is the most important thing, having a body you're comfortable in (and being able to move furniture around without hurting yourself).
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

But all that anger at my post comes from your own interpretation of what "a body worth having" means.