Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Thunderbolts Appreciation 2020

The next thread for the modern Marvel classic. For the original Busiek run, the New Thunderbolts, Warren Ellis's Osborn-led squad in the era after Civil War, the Luke Cage era, the all-too-brief Bucky era, and all the others in between.

(Just not the Red Hulk version)

Awesome! Helmut is still the best leader the T-Bolts ever had.

sure. but Clint actually got them to work together; mostly by being so unpredictable that they were worried he would get them killed.

We need a Tbolts ongoing ASAP.

tbolts covers.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    We need a Tbolts ongoing ASAP.

tbolts covers.jpg
    While it may not be ongoing, you might want to check Ravencroft out, Thunderbolts alumni galore (Moonstone, Norman Osborn, Mr.X, Mac Gargan Grizzly) All that's needed is for Misty & D Man & John Jameson to rope in Songbird (who owes Moonstone a beatdown)
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

BANNED

Mach 1 has a marvel legends figures coming out

That’s 3 OG THUNDERBOLTS now including songbird and citizen V.

Moonstone came in the old multipack with ghost and luke cage.

Really hope we get another run with the OG team again, the last run had garbage art but a good story left open.
    Last edited by The BaRoN; 03-02-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    sure. but Clint actually got them to work together; mostly by being so unpredictable that they were worried he would get them killed.
    Thanks for the reminder. Zemo may have given them the limelight, but Clint was the one who kept them there.

Yeah, I feel we're overdue for a new Thunderbolts book.

maybe Arno will sponsor one to handle the upcoming robot threat.

I missed getting some H-E-D.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Awesome! Helmut is still the best leader the T-Bolts ever had.
    Facts.

Just wondering, just how massive was the Thunderbolts are the Masters of Evil twist back in 1997? I wasn't even three when the first issue came out, so obviously I can't say, but reading it now it's easy to see the foreshadowing, but only because I already know how it goes.

Anyone have any memory of how big it was back then?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Just wondering, just how massive was the Thunderbolts are the Masters of Evil twist back in 1997? I wasn't even three when the first issue came out, so obviously I can't say, but reading it now it's easy to see the foreshadowing, but only because I already know how it goes.

Hard to say, I wasn't internetting as much back then, and, unlike 'events' of this era, it was revealed in the very first issue, and not dragged out over a 'paced for trade' six issues or so. OTOH, the FF and Avengers had just gone off-line, and this new Thunderbolts team was *the* new (if unproven) thing...

Honestly, I have no idea how it would have hit if the FF and Avengers *weren't* sidelined, or, possibly even worse, being 'Reborn' under the pen of Rob Liefield...

I continue to wait for someone to save Songbird from Arctic limbo, please Marvel its been years, she’s already a popsicle

All-New Member

I remember it being quite the twist and kind of a big deal. Personally, I was confused about it. I wasn't much of an Avengers reader at the time, strictly X-Men and Spider-man, and I had no clue who most of the villains were.

I wondered who are these chumps and how are they any kind of threat to the Avengers. Of course now they are my favorite characters and are the reason I have an appreciation for lesser known C-list heroes and villians.

I remember well and it was such a shock as it was completely unexpected and not spoiled by the internet.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel