Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. It'd definitely be too soon for Dick Grayson to be replaced as Nightwing, as he'll have only just come back to the role (he just got his memory back, but can't tell which memories are fake and which are real - once he sorts that out, he'll be back, which should be just as 5G hits Batman). And quite frankly, Green Lantern has enough characters already. If they're changing focus from Hal, I'd give the spotlight to Jessica.

    I wonder, in cases like Batman, would the fifth gen hero even be taking over all of their books? Maybe Luke only takes over Batman, and Bruce still stars in Detective. Same goes for the Super books. Jon in Superman, Clark in Action?
    They could well be. It feels unfair to the fans of other JLers who don't have 2 dedicated books to only have the Black Label as an option but DC isn't known for fairness.

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Francis Manapaul has stated he’s probably going to use his plans for Aquaman Earth One in 5G.
    Where/When did he say that?

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    I saw it on another site as if they were speaking to Manupul and he said that he would repurpose his plans more likely from Earth One for 5G I can’t find anything on it now other then someone’s reaction write up

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...-dc-comics-5g/

    Strangely only on bleeding cool too. I had a link to where I originally saw it but can’t seem to find it heck it might of been on Bleeding Cool.

    Regardless I’d moreso rather it not happen cause I expect and Earth One book for Aquaman. Overall I don’t get why you’d change your main characters if you want to build a movie franchise with those same characters. I’ll give it a shot and decide if I like it or not though.

  4. #19
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    That's not what 5G is . 5G is simply the fifth generation the generation following Damian's that's it. DC said most thing's happened but DC isn't confirmed to impact the timeline. Synder is ignoring it and most of the events shaping the DCU are spinning out from him
    Stuff like Identity crisis didn't happen.

    since we are just speculation here I guess we could have the TOT but an evil JL isn't going to last long and I don't like the notion of grown men and women fighting over some petty nonsense from their past. They work it out and move on. This is the JL not TT.

    Not sure why you want to make Tim's generation appear so petty especially since they are made of characters who would be fine not taking up their mentor's mantle.

    I have a hard time seeing Tim or Conner getting upset because they aren't the new Bat/superman. That seems like a Damian thing not Tim.
    As far as I understood EVERYTHING happened (excluding NEW52).

    I DON'T mean an EVIL JL, BUT I think about a RIVAL!!!! Team:

    1. Only one team would be boring, especially if you replace Clark with a guy who is really similar to him like Jonathan...
    Here I like the Idea of 2 teams: one who follows the current JL and one who is different....

    2. I HATE! the Idea of mixing Generations, so I hope strictly that they keep Tim,Cassie,Conner and Bart together...
    They are a kind of unbreakable Union, since they went trough YJ,TT,Conners and Barts Death etc. etc.
    Tim also tried to clone Conner after his death..

    3. It was CLEARLY! Conners and Barts goal to become Superman and Flash.
    If you ever read "Reign of Supermen" than you know that Conner made others call him SuperMAN...
    Tim NEVER wanted to become Batman, but he was also upset as Dick became Batman and he chose Damian as Robin...

    4. It will otherwise only sideline Tim,Conner,Bart and Cassie only more..
    Jonathan for example would be the great, legendary Superman and Conner the guy who was also Superboy once, maybe he keeps the name Superboy forever or even worse goes by his Kryptonian Name Kon El or so...

    5. If you ever read YJ,TT etc. than you know that Conner,Bart,Tim and Cassie had a much more difficult time than every Generation before or after them..
    Wally didnt want to give Bart the invitation to the TT and also said clearly that he doesnt believe that Bart will be able to become Flash and considered Jessie Quick as his follower...
    They were also more harshly criticized than every other Generation by Diana,Clark,Bruce etc.

    6. Conners Generation were also the workhorse Generation who earned their place while Jonathan,Damian...are the kids of the Heroes...

    7. I STRICTLY believe that a Team consisting of Conner,Tim,Cassie,Bart...will sell more than the planned JL...

    8. What will Conners,Barts,Tims and Cassies Job be?
    Conner becoming Jonathans Sidekick?

    9. If Conner,Cassie,Tim and Bart let this happen without argument it means for me that they have lost even more of their edge than I thougt before.
    I MISS Johns Version of the TT Conner and TT Cassie....
    The muscular Conner who battled against everything: Doomsday Clone,Superboy Prime,with the Legion against villains etc. etc.
    I also really miss the TT Cassie who also enjoyed fighting with the lasso of lightning etc.

    10. I think Cassies best Look is the current ToT Look in Rebirth..


    My Idea would be 2 Teams:

    1. JL like its planned
    2. Tim,Conner,Cassie,Bart,Raven,Bombshell,Miss Martian,Static,........as INDEPENDENT Team who DOESNT have any connections to the JL..

    I see them as completely independent, in private life, business etc.
    Cassie and Conner being back together, also getting children...first child Timothy Kent with Tim Drake as Godfather etc.
    I liked the "We vs the rest of the world" idea of the Evil ToT....

    I also imagine them different color schemes:

    -Jonathan Kent as Superman: his current costume with the traditional, blue colors
    -Conner Kent: something like Brutaal of Earth 2, Clark of Godfall....

  5. #20
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    As far as I understood EVERYTHING happened (excluding NEW52).

    I DON'T mean an EVIL JL, BUT I think about a RIVAL!!!! Team:

    1. Only one team would be boring, especially if you replace Clark with a guy who is really similar to him like Jonathan...
    Here I like the Idea of 2 teams: one who follows the current JL and one who is different....

    2. I HATE! the Idea of mixing Generations, so I hope strictly that they keep Tim,Cassie,Conner and Bart together...
    They are a kind of unbreakable Union, since they went trough YJ,TT,Conners and Barts Death etc. etc.
    Tim also tried to clone Conner after his death..

    3. It was CLEARLY! Conners and Barts goal to become Superman and Flash.
    If you ever read "Reign of Supermen" than you know that Conner made others call him SuperMAN...
    Tim NEVER wanted to become Batman, but he was also upset as Dick became Batman and he chose Damian as Robin...

    4. It will otherwise only sideline Tim,Conner,Bart and Cassie only more..
    Jonathan for example would be the great, legendary Superman and Conner the guy who was also Superboy once, maybe he keeps the name Superboy forever or even worse goes by his Kryptonian Name Kon El or so...

    5. If you ever read YJ,TT etc. than you know that Conner,Bart,Tim and Cassie had a much more difficult time than every Generation before or after them..
    Wally didnt want to give Bart the invitation to the TT and also said clearly that he doesnt believe that Bart will be able to become Flash and considered Jessie Quick as his follower...
    They were also more harshly criticized than every other Generation by Diana,Clark,Bruce etc.

    6. Conners Generation were also the workhorse Generation who earned their place while Jonathan,Damian...are the kids of the Heroes...

    7. I STRICTLY believe that a Team consisting of Conner,Tim,Cassie,Bart...will sell more than the planned JL...

    8. What will Conners,Barts,Tims and Cassies Job be?
    Conner becoming Jonathans Sidekick?

    9. If Conner,Cassie,Tim and Bart let this happen without argument it means for me that they have lost even more of their edge than I thougt before.
    I MISS Johns Version of the TT Conner and TT Cassie....
    The muscular Conner who battled against everything: Doomsday Clone,Superboy Prime,with the Legion against villains etc. etc.
    I also really miss the TT Cassie who also enjoyed fighting with the lasso of lightning etc.

    10. I think Cassies best Look is the current ToT Look in Rebirth..


    My Idea would be 2 Teams:

    1. JL like its planned
    2. Tim,Conner,Cassie,Bart,Raven,Bombshell,Miss Martian,Static,........as INDEPENDENT Team who DOESNT have any connections to the JL..

    I see them as completely independent, in private life, business etc.
    Cassie and Conner being back together, also getting children...first child Timothy Kent with Tim Drake as Godfather etc.
    I liked the "We vs the rest of the world" idea of the Evil ToT....

    I also imagine them different color schemes:

    -Jonathan Kent as Superman: his current costume with the traditional, blue colors
    -Conner Kent: something like Brutaal of Earth 2, Clark of Godfall....
    1, Still likely to entertain with lots more potential for fresh and new stories/relationships. It all depends on the quality of the stories and team members but just being new gives them an edge over something we've seen for 20 years now.

    2, They likely will stay together

    3, Fine but wanting doesn't equal ownership. Tim was upset about losing Robin to Damian because it was Damian and they were all grieving. He later admitted he understood and got that Damian needed it. That was a special situation. 5G hopefully won't be the same.

    4, You don't know what Conner will be doing/called and you don't know how Jon will get on as Superman. FYI you are aware that Clark will still have a title ? He will still be Superman Just like Bruce will still be in stories as Batman.

    5, NOPE! Dick's generation are the one's who have had the worst treatment by their seniors [JL] Don't assume until you've read their decades worth of stories.

    6,Robin was created as a way to give direction and meaning to boys in danger of going down a dark path. To be Robin you just need to meet the above, desire to help, pass the training and get approval of the mantle creator or the mentor [Dick and Bruce]

    Superboy is up to Clark the first SB who just got to it one day.

    Dick and Jason already were known by Bruce just like Jon was well known by Clark so no need to prove they can be trusted/are worth the risk.

    Tim, Damian and Conner weren't well known or family in a meaningful way so ofcourse they had to be treated differently. They had to earn it.
    Tim did so by saving Batman. Damian saved a Batman, rejected the Al Ghuls and the Loa and was already working as hero in Gotham before he got Robin.

    Jon aside from the work he did as part of the Supersons also has 7 years worth of hero work.
    Damian has 3yrs. during those 3yrs he gave his life twice, saved Gotham, saved the world + general hero work. But he's not taking over Batman Luke is and he has certainly earned it and then some.

    You know who else has more than earned it? You know who the heir's are? Dick's generation. Conner and co have no right to complain or get upset over something that was never their's especially when the true heir's aren't pitching a fit.

    Not to mention that even ignoring the 2nd gen those mantle's and JL aren't like jobs where you demand a place on the JL or to be called Superman. They don't have any rights to any of those.

    Dude you need to start respecting other heroes and gens. Stop assuming and quoting ridiculously incorrect stuff. The workHorse generation lol yes and the gen before them are bone idle slackers and bums. Some of them have been paying dues for 80 yrs my guy show some respect.

    7, I can't comment. I thought JimBat would bomb but it did great.
    YJ has that team and last issue no 11 sold 17,096. That's bad. just sticking JL on the 4 isn't going to magic sales up. You can't comment on a title where you don't even know the full cast. Also what if the 5G replacements aren't the JL? For all we know the Titans might be taking over that team which makes a lot of sense.
    I can objectively say that a JL made up of Dick's gen will blow both out the water.

    8, I doubt they would be sidekicks. They can be heroes who aren't on a team or they could form something brand new. They could be a team working alongside the 5g guys and the JL [they could be titans if Dick and co are now the JL]

    They don't need to be rivals or have any sort of issue because that's not heroic or even mature. All it does is make them seem really petty. I'd leave the rivalry out and just let them work alongside. Like JL and JLA

    9,If they argue then they don't deserve the mantles nor do they deserve to be members of the JL. They aren't heir's to the mantle. Robin, Superboy, Impluse, KF those are sidekick mantle they don't give the wearer any claims to their mentors mantle unless where expressed stated.

    I like the idea of Conner and Cassie settling down and having a kid with Tim as GF [what about poor Bart]

    Conner I'd like if they take inspiration from new52 Superman with his looks and approach.

    I like the two teams jut don't make them rivals or having a grudge or one team resenting the other.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-23-2020 at 07:42 AM.

  6. #21
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    5. If you ever read YJ,TT etc. than you know that Conner,Bart,Tim and Cassie had a much more difficult time than every Generation before or after them..
    Wally didnt want to give Bart the invitation to the TT and also said clearly that he doesnt believe that Bart will be able to become Flash and considered Jessie Quick as his follower...
    They were also more harshly criticized than every other Generation by Diana,Clark,Bruce etc.
    Conner and Bart were both loose canons (at least before Graduation Day), I don't think that Tim got more harshly criticized then the other Robins.

  7. #22
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    7, I can't comment. I thought JimBat would bomb but it did great.
    YJ has that team and last issue no 11 sold 17,096. That's bad. just sticking JL on the 4 isn't going to magic sales up. You can't comment on a title where you don't even know the full cast. Also what if the 5G replacements aren't the JL? For all we know the Titans might be taking over that team which makes a lot of sense.
    I can objectively say that a JL made up of Dick's gen will blow both out the water.
    No...

    It depends on many,many,many....things:

    a) Storyline:
    I really dont like the second arc and I am glad when its finally over, but the last Issue kind of restarted it...

    b) WONDER COMICS Label:
    I would see Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart under the "normal" Label...
    I really DONT like the stlye of the Wonder Comics Label and I would prefer them in darker etc. stories

    c) To crowded:
    Like other people already said it would have been better to let the 4 ALONE at the beginning.

    d) Unanswered Questions:
    This "being to crowded" has also lead to unanswered Questions.
    For example we still dont know WHO CASSANDRAS SANDSMARK FATHER is and WHAT HAPPENED AFTER ZEUS VISIT??

    e) Line-Up:
    I really dont care for KELI,AMETHYST,NAOMI and even worse HEX,DIAL FOR H,SPOILER....

    f) The age and characterization of the Main 4:
    I really HATE Tim as DRAKE-I prefer Tim as Red Robin
    I liked Cassie more as DAUGHTER OF ZEUS and how she was during Johns Run
    I really DONT LIKE the actual Conner Version and I prefered Johns Version...

    I would have prefered to let Conner,Cassie,Bart come back like they were at the end of Johns Run and come back OLDER...

    g) They are cut off of the main-stories


    With darker stories which plays in the Main-Universe and with a more interesting Line-Up I would like to read them more..and I think they would sell much more..
    I LOVED JOHNS Stlye and Johns Line-Up:
    Bart,Cassie,Tim,Conner,Miss Martian,Raven....

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    The more I think about I think the time skip is going to put a lot of the heirs on the League.

    Rumors of Jon becoming Superman might imply Damian becomes Batman and I doubt it’s coincidence that Aquaman and Mera are having a kid before this 5G stuff happens

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    No...

    It depends on many,many,many....things:

    a) Storyline:
    I really dont like the second arc and I am glad when its finally over, but the last Issue kind of restarted it...

    b) WONDER COMICS Label:
    I would see Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart under the "normal" Label...
    I really DONT like the stlye of the Wonder Comics Label and I would prefer them in darker etc. stories

    c) To crowded:
    Like other people already said it would have been better to let the 4 ALONE at the beginning.

    d) Unanswered Questions:
    This "being to crowded" has also lead to unanswered Questions.
    For example we still dont know WHO CASSANDRAS SANDSMARK FATHER is and WHAT HAPPENED AFTER ZEUS VISIT??

    e) Line-Up:
    I really dont care for KELI,AMETHYST,NAOMI and even worse HEX,DIAL FOR H,SPOILER....

    f) The age and characterization of the Main 4:
    I really HATE Tim as DRAKE-I prefer Tim as Red Robin
    I liked Cassie more as DAUGHTER OF ZEUS and how she was during Johns Run
    I really DONT LIKE the actual Conner Version and I prefered Johns Version...

    I would have prefered to let Conner,Cassie,Bart come back like they were at the end of Johns Run and come back OLDER...

    g) They are cut off of the main-stories


    With darker stories which plays in the Main-Universe and with a more interesting Line-Up I would like to read them more..and I think they would sell much more..
    I LOVED JOHNS Stlye and Johns Line-Up:
    Bart,Cassie,Tim,Conner,Miss Martian,Raven....
    Hopefully once they return home and after the cross over with Superman the team will start having stories in the main universe.

    I prefer RR to the name Drake. It doesn't make sense to me that Tim would take the name of his evil counter part. Until they start calling him that in the main DCU I'm not acknowledging it.

    Since characters are being aged up it makes sense that the stories with the core YJ4 will reflect this. Hopfully we'll get just the type of stories you want.

    I agree that the current YJ isn't doing a good job of balancing the team. The focus isn't divided equally but I think that's due more to the writer.

    YJ has always had a large team of characters.

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    The more I think about I think the time skip is going to put a lot of the heirs on the League.

    Rumors of Jon becoming Superman might imply Damian becomes Batman and I doubt it’s coincidence that Aquaman and Mera are having a kid before this 5G stuff happens
    I believe Jackson Hyde is going to be replacing Arthur. The idea of 5G is that it's the unusual characters replacing the big heroes. Jon is the only predictable one.
    Luke Fox is the rumoured Batman and it was revealed way before anyone revealed anything about 5G

  11. #26
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,244

    Default

    Jackson is very predictable too actually. If it's not Tempest it makes sense to be him - and he already became Aquaman in the Young Justice cartoon.

    Well, at first, we didn't even know it was Luke - first reports just said a black man, hence the title of the thread I started not including his name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,914

    Default

    My big issue with the newer characters is really how much of this will stick

    I'm not gonna invest time or money in it if it's just gonna get retconned in a few years or even less

    That's aside from how this will leave the mainstay versions of characters

    That said, if they can work that out I'm likely to give it a try at least with a few books initially probably in trades

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •