Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I read Batman: Shaman for the first time the other night, and really enjoyed it. The connections to Year One were well done. I also was more frustrated that John Layman used the exact same tropes in the n52 Detective Comics #21, but so much less thoughtfully.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I read Batman: Shaman for the first time the other night, and really enjoyed it. The connections to Year One were well done. I also was more frustrated that John Layman used the exact same tropes in the n52 Detective Comics #21, but so much less thoughtfully.
    It's a very good story, it goes entwined with Year One, just that plot error when he enters Fisk library and discovers the connection between Chubala and Otter Ridge that takes away a little bit of the story's shine. But it's definitely a must read for anyone willing to know Batman's early days on Modern Age.