Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
4. FabNic’s Robin/Red Robin run, Bryan Q. Miller’s Batgirl, and Gates of Gotham. To me, these are the things that made the Pre-New 52 Renaissance something special, feeling like a genuinely new generation of Batman stories, that in combination with Dini and Snyder’s work... kind of meant that I didn’t have to actually read Batman Inc to actually like the era. Like, I can argue why Morrison’s work is a Masterpiece... but I didn’t really get into it, and I would still call this the best Batman era because of the stuff around it.
This is my favorite status quo, as well... I think the Batman story becomes 10x more interesting when the allies are the focus and the main question is whether or not they can live up to Bruce's grand legacy.

5. Dixon’s runs on Robin and Nightwing, plus Batgirl Vol. 1’s entire run, all writers involved. Dixon basically simultaneously built up two different settings, ensemble casts, and villain galleries, and was on such a roll that he *accidentally* made Stephanie Briwn a cult favorite - not that surprising, considering he’s the same guy who forgot that he wrote one of Cassandra Cain’s last good appearances pre-Batman RIP. And speaking of Batgirl... Cassandra Cain’s first run as a solo hero didn’t need a reboot to go as long as it did, and honestly should have been adapted into a cartoon by now.
Well, he didn't accidentally make Steph a cult favorite — it wasn't like it happened on its own. He clearly had a ton of affection for the character. One of Dixon's great strengths was grounding the characters in believably real world dynamics.

In addition to Robin and Nightwing, he was also writing Detective or Batman, plus Birds Of Prey and sometimes Catwoman. Simultaneously! He doesn't get nearly enough credit!