Thread: Baki vs. Goku

Default Baki vs. Goku

Which character loves fighting / has more competitive spirit / gets excited about obstacles and strong opponents the most?

Bonus: Baki vs the weakest version of Goku. Presumably Kid Goku. Add Yujiro if he loses.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

1. Goku, Goku and Goku. Baki enjoys fighting and improving himself, but he's expressed that it's ultimately all out of a desire for him to be strong enough to protect his loved ones and has implied more than once that he would be fine if he never got stronger. Goku, OTOH, is basically a benevolent version of Yujiro.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I recall Baki saying that if Yujiro were the weakest man alive, he would settle for being the second weakest, but I dunno if that characterization stuck.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

I seem to recall Baki practically vibrating with excitement when Musashi first beat him. He had a whole internal monologue about finding the strongest warrior in history and how thrilled he was.

There are other scenes where he is suffering from a near depressive boredom when not faced with challenging opponents. Like he throws himself head first down a flight of stairs just to try and get his adrenaline going. It doesn't work. He yawns like halfway down.

So I dont believe that characterization stuck, no.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I seem to recall Baki practically vibrating with excitement when Musashi first beat him. He had a whole internal monologue about finding the strongest warrior in history and how thrilled he was.

There are other scenes where he is suffering from a near depressive boredom when not faced with challenging opponents. Like he throws himself head first down a flight of stairs just to try and get his adrenaline going. It doesn't work. He yawns like halfway down.

So I dont believe that characterization stuck, no.
    that was pretty much everyone else at that point. hanayama even threw hands with yujiro as just something to do, if i recall.