Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 50 State Initiative Teams and Characters Appreciation 2020 !!!

Discuss your favorite teams and characters for The Initiative !!!

Earth Force!

EF.jpg

Force of Nature!
    FoN.jpg

Red 9!
    red9.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-16-2020 at 06:08 AM.

I hope we see more of the Fantastix - formerly the Initiative team called the Liberteens.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Those guys and the Academy kids are really the lost generation.

Spinner has a great power and should be used more.
    Whiz Kid should be revealed to be a mutant, so they can clone her back.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Hellcat.jpg
    Hellcat

komodo.jpg
    Komodo

geiger.jpg
    Geiger
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-18-2020 at 08:18 AM.

Ultimate Member

Earth Force is interesting, in that they represent three of the four 'parent gods' of the Ennead, Geb (strong dude/earth), Shu (flight/sky) and Tefnut (rains/moisture/weather), but not the fourth Nut/Nuit, goddess of the night sky, who would presumably have a champion with the ability to create darkness (and perhaps fly, as well?). I definitely could go for more Egyptian mythology in the Marvel universe, which is already got tons of cool Norse mythical entities, and a few Olympians, as well.

As for other Initiative folk, I really liked the story going on with Komodo and Hardball, and wouldn't mind seeing where those crazy kids ended up. Ditto Armory, and the last surviving Spider-Clone. Heck, even old Baron von Blitzschlag had his moments! And Gorilla Girl. "Run into certain death? Are you crazy. I'm the token black girl. I can turn into a gorilla. I know how this movie ends... I'm outta here!"

Do we even know what Red Nine could do? His costume looked like Richie Gilmore/Prodigy's, and that's literally all I know about him...

Spinner seemed to have interesting potential, and we never did learn what other powers she had, on other days of the week. I'd love to find out that one of them was regeneration, and three days after she died, that power 'came up' and brought her back to life!

Best part of cw. Miss these teams. Also wish marvel would come out and blasted tell us who the members were on the teams! It's annoying having a force works listing with only one member known. It's a part of these teams history not told! At least give us a list on twitter or something marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Best part of cw. Miss these teams. Also wish marvel would come out and blasted tell us who the members were on the teams! It's annoying having a force works listing with only one member known. It's a part of these teams history not told! At least give us a list on twitter or something marvel!
    Agree! There was also the Spaceknights and Mormon team.

I wish Marvel would allude to a lot of these teams sticking around without operating under SHRA.

Like if for some reason Cap, or Hawkeye, or who ever is doing a solo trek across the country and end up in Des Moines the revamped Force Works consisting of some random local heroes pops in to help out.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Those guys and the Academy kids are really the lost generation.
    Of the Academy kids, Hazmat has appeared in Captain Marvel, and Finesse was in Unstoppable Wasp. What are Striker and Reptil currently up to? They were seen in Bendis's last Iron Man issue, but nobody followed up the Da Vinci SHIELD storyline, which is now an aborted arc. Mettle is dead and Veil is depowered (come to think of it, they copied Secret's ending in Young Justice there, both were depowered and last seen in high school when they previously hadn't been attending one) so I don't expect those two will ever be back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

hmm. i guess that i liked Prima Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    hmm. i guess that i liked Prima Donna.

Weird, I just came on to post about Action Pack

actionpak.jpg

I used to think Vox rhymed with "box", but I think it's pronounced "vochs"

We know NOTHING about Vox or Prima Donna.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-17-2020 at 10:39 AM.

These characters are awesome. Shame they've become so underused and forgotten.

i'm for any of them showing up as villains or mercenaries. because, realistically, some of them would use their training for profit once the system broke down. that's the route that the Gauntlet took.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    who is "Lady Doc Samson"? Gamma powers, or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is "Lady Doc Samson"? Gamma powers, or...?
    That’s Geiger. She’s cool.

Attachment 91846
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-18-2020 at 08:23 AM.