Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
I think DC and Tom King put Jones in an unenviable situation. She was given a specific situation by King, and was then required to send back Selina per his requirements. All while Selina was in a very fraught personal state. For a one- or twoshot, it's not much to say about, but Jones got it as an ongoing, and without any possibility to interpret or develop the character based on her own vision.

I think Jones can be added to the list of female writers hobbled by DC.
In my humble opinion Jones hobbled Jones: even if her run is technically well written (like the King's Batman), it is so slowly placed to became boring and to seem without any clear direction: we are at the ninenteenth issue and we are still reading about the first and only villain meet by Catwoman. Not only but while King was writing a great saga about Batman (even if I didn't liked it) and he often used Catwoman in his stories, Jones choose to keep Selina away from Batman, like if her Catwoman was placed in alternative universe, while she could use the King's stories like a scenario for the Catwoman ones. For example, while King was telling what was happening to Batman, why not to use Catwoman to tell what was happening to Gotham, while Batman was every day less able to fight against the criminality of Gotham?