Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

An underrated Catwoman look in my opinion .

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Is Catwoman/Tweety & Sylvester by Gail Simone any good? It is not collected in trade?

Extraordinary Member

I liked it. Cute story with a lot of cool cameos. I'm not sure if it's collected in a trade.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

It's a fun romp. The plot and resolution is more than a bit nonsensical, but you're there for the character interactions and oneupmanship.

Like—you think you have Hawkman to help you, fine, I'll get Cheetah!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I liked it. Cute story with a lot of cool cameos. I'm not sure if it's collected in a trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    It's a fun romp. The plot and resolution is more than a bit nonsensical, but you're there for the character interactions and oneupmanship.

Like—you think you have Hawkman to help you, fine, I'll get Cheetah!

I'll get it digital. Thanx

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Is Catwoman/Tweety & Sylvester by Gail Simone any good? It is not collected in trade?
    I loved it. I think the best thing Simone's done in nearly a decade.

The trade for that second run of mashups, though, seems to be MIA. The amazon listing (https://www.amazon.com/DC-Meets-Loon.../dp/1401288332), is ridiculously in 2080, and Comixology doesn't list a second volume.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Selina rules! Catwoman is the finest character DC has. I'd like to see a Catwoman Renaissance, get her an animated series, let's get some more interesting one-shots and mini series, and keep trying for a really notable monthly run. Long live the kitty!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Those crazy cats brought back snowflame!

Having finished Batman Catwoman Trail of the Gun by Ann Noccenti all I can say is I liked it a lot. Ethan Van Sciver draws an incredible costume and I wish I had the skills to post pics here. Trail might be the only Catwoman story I like as much as Brubaker's
    Indeed, Van Sciver does a Selina good. Unfortunate about his current "cancellation" in the industry. (There seems to be trend here.)
    But lovely artwork to be certain. Looks like a combination of the Michael Bair, Paul Dini, and Jim Balent versions...

Last edited by Thirteen; 08-17-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Did Selina ever attend school? Her history seems to go from abusive household to orphanage to the streets. I imagine the orphanage has an elementary education but after that?

Spectacular Member

What I liked about Joker is that they handled Arthur’s background subtly in certain details, like how he can’t spell or write because it’s implied he never got any kind of education. Yet he’s not some idiot like we have the tendency to believe uneducated people are. Who’s to say he didn’t learn how to speak from his own environment or have complex thoughts from his circumstances? I imagine the same with Selina.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Did Selina ever attend school? Her history seems to go from abusive household to orphanage to the streets. I imagine the orphanage has an elementary education but after that?
    Post-Crisis I think she and Maggie went to school before their parents died and they ended up on the street, and then she ended up at a reform school before she busted out and just lived off the streets.

Per the New 52 she has also taken pole dancing lessons :P.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Post-Crisis I think she and Maggie went to school before their parents died and they ended up on the street, and then she ended up at a reform school before she busted out and just lived off the streets.

Per the New 52 she has also taken pole dancing lessons :P.
    I found the page when she and her dad is at the school counselor's office but that's it, the name's not mentioned.

The Batman Catwoman footage starts at 08:10. Really pleased/happy with that take.

The Batman Catwoman footage starts at 08:10. Really pleased/happy with that take.
    Obviously pre-Catwoman since she's dressed like a typical burglar, but she can take on Batman .