Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious who would make a good Catwoman actress?
    A decade and a half ago, I suggested Tamara Taylor for the role. She's still looks good but not in the age bracket Catwoman is supposed to be in. Her short haired look reminded me Cooke's illustration of Selina and her long hair reminded of Jim Balents drawings of Catwoman.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Am I the only one slightly grossed out we didn’t get one Catwoman of color for J. Scott Campbell’s 80’s anniversary covers? I mean, you have Lee Ann Meriwether counted among them, but no Eartha Kitt? Halle Berry? Regardless on how you feel about Berry’s performance, representation still matters.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Spectacular Member

I get about the Kitt exclusion, she’s iconic but Berry is more understandable. She wasn’t playing Selina; literally just a different character who goes by Catwoman. You wouldn’t want them to have something similar with the Joker and include Joaquin Phoenix’s take since that’s the same as Berry. Hell, I can call myself the Riddler, but don’t expect me to be included in a retrospective.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    A decade and a half ago, I suggested Tamara Taylor for the role. She's still looks good but not in the age bracket Catwoman is supposed to be in. Her short haired look reminded me Cooke's illustration of Selina and her long hair reminded of Jim Balents drawings of Catwoman.
    I can't see what Eva Green and Tamara Taylor have that Zoe hasn't. Not a big fan but its down to how serious she takes the role and I hope she has fun doing it. I think a lot about Catwoman and that at this point in my life I'd rather have a trilogy about Selina based on what Bru did than another Batman trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I can't see what Eva Green and Tamara Taylor have that Zoe hasn't. Not a big fan but its down to how serious she takes the role and I hope she has fun doing it. I think a lot about Catwoman and that at this point in my life I'd rather have a trilogy about Selina based on what Bru did than another Batman trilogy
    Not putting Zoe down and I never got why people fan cast Eva Green for the role. Just stating that Tamara was my pick long before Matt Reeves Batman was a glint in any body's eyes.

I'm curious, do you guys think DC took inspiration of Catwoman's look from a Golden Age hero from Miss Fury? Or just coincidence?

Spectacular Member

From what I’ve read, sounds like Black Panther took more inspiration from Miss Fury.

BTW, this series was too controversial due to the women wearing bikinis. Nowadays, we can have characters gushing blood from their mouths. We’ve come a long way.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I'm curious, do you guys think DC took inspiration of Catwoman's look from a Golden Age hero from Miss Fury? Or just coincidence?
    If I'm not wrong the first apparition of Miss Fury happened about an year later than the first one of Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    If I'm not wrong the first apparition of Miss Fury happened about an year later than the first one of Catwoman.
    Her costume didn't look like Fury's for a long while, though.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Yea she didn't get her more famous golden age costume until 1947. It's just the simple fact that her modern-day looks like fury. I don't mind but it's interesting.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Right, right: at that time Catwoman had a totally different costume. Moreover I just find out Miss Fury had a pair of clawed gloves just like the Catwoman's one, so it is possible (if not probable) the similarities saw by AmiMizuno aren't a coincidence.

I mean let's be honest comic companies have taken other characters looks or just been inspired even in the early days or later on. There have been times some characters have looked to similar or close enough.

I'm curious does Selina get her money from the jewerlys she steals or somewhere else?

I'm curious does Selina get her money from the jewerlys she steals or somewhere else?
    I think she usually runs around with stolen money, one way or the other. She steals for the thrill and to make a living.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I really want to see that Earth One Catwoman. Vol.2 set her up.