Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    If she’s going to have a past, she prefers it to be multiple choice.
    With eight choices?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    If she’s going to have a past, she prefers it to be multiple choice.
    A woman is nothing without her mystique .

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Catwoman costumes from Limited Collectors' Edition #C-45 (June, 1976):

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I would agree that Anne Hathaway is probably the most comic book accurate version of Catwoman in live action so far. I also feel that Camren Bicondova seemed a fairly accurate version of what Selina Kyle might have been like
    as a young woman. Julie Newmar was also fairly accurate to the 1950s comic book version of Catwoman as the time the show aired other than the costume. Other than the race bending Eartha Kitt also was reasonably accurate.
    Michelle Pfeiffer gave and outstanding performance as a crazy woman wearing a catsuit but bore almost no resemblance to the comic book version of Catwoman. Did she even steal anything?

She stole Batman's heart

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I would agree that Anne Hathaway is probably the most comic book accurate version of Catwoman in live action so far. I also feel that Camren Bicondova seemed a fairly accurate version of what Selina Kyle might have been like
    as a young woman. Julie Newmar was also fairly accurate to the 1950s comic book version of Catwoman as the time the show aired other than the costume. Other than the race bending Eartha Kitt also was reasonably accurate.
    Michelle Pfeiffer gave and outstanding performance as a crazy woman wearing a catsuit but bore almost no resemblance to the comic book version of Catwoman. Did she even steal anything?
    No, her story is more about revenge than being a thief and after being thrown out of a window to die she won't settle for just stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    She stole Batman's heart
    But when Batman morphed from Micheal Keaton into Val Kilmer, Batman forgot all about Selina Kyle and only had eyes for Chase Meridian. Sort of like how Batman forgot Vicki Vale existed.
    So the dude is rather fickle about letting someone steal his heart.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Catwoman really is a mainstay in the Batman mythos. Whenever a new movie, series or game is announced, It's pretty much a given she'll show up eventually.

In the years leading up to the Dark Knight Rises, I knew Catwoman would show up, especially knowing considering that Rachel kicked the bucket in the previous movie.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post
    Catwoman really is a mainstay in the Batman mythos. Whenever a new movie, series or game is announced, It's pretty much a given she'll show up eventually.

In the years leading up to the Dark Knight Rises, I knew Catwoman would show up, especially knowing considering that Rachel kicked the bucket in the previous movie.
    She didn’t kick the bucket; the buckets exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencermalley935 View Post

Or even if she doesn't, they'll be sure to create a stand-in like Magpie in Beware the Batman .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or even if she doesn't, they'll be sure to create a stand-in like Magpie in Beware the Batman .
    I keep thinking a good way to repackage Magpie herself would be as a victim of Hugo Strange trying to replicate his (incredibly twisted and sexist) view of Catwoman on some poor soul, taking someone with regular, treatable kleptomania, and drugging and hypnotizing them into the irrational Magpie we all know and love.

That’s partially because I couldn’t help but think that I wanted to see a Grey Griffin’s Catwoman Duke it out with Grey Griffin’s Magpie, woth Selina providing a witty but panicked rebuttal of everything Strange did to Magpie along with a growing sympathy for the woman as well.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The rumor is Reeves' Batman will have a kid by part 2... Will we get some more comic history? A marriage with Selina in part 3?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    The rumor is Reeves' Batman will have a kid by part 2... Will we get some more comic history? A marriage with Selina in part 3?
    Where'd that rumor come from? That seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Where'd that rumor come from? That seems unlikely.
    Don't remember it because I don't remember links automatically recommended to me by google on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Don't remember it because I don't remember links automatically recommended to me by google on my phone
    If it sources back to We Got This Covered take it with a grain of salt because they just make up a lot of stuff. Problem is they will come up with some wild story and all the other nerd sites pick up on it
    and post it like it is gospel. So if you see a story that sounds too strange trace it back to the source. They started a rumor that Kristen Stewart was going to be Catwoman. Everyone picked up on that.
    And it turned out Zoë Kravitz got the role.

If it sources back to We Got This Covered take it with a grain of salt because they just make up a lot of stuff. Problem is they will come up with some wild story and all the other nerd sites pick up on it
    and post it like it is gospel. So if you see a story that sounds too strange trace it back to the source. They started a rumor that Kristen Stewart was going to be Catwoman. Everyone picked up on that.
    And it turned out Zoë Kravitz got the role.
    It is surprising for me that after many years I would welcome Batman as a father and or husband. A whole new dimension. Comics don't reach that level of storytelling quality. Damian has become a joke, the wedding was horrible. Maybe the movies can finally pull it off.