Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I reread Batman Year One recently and got a good laugh seeing Selina and Holly getting an ass shot of anti-rabies because Batman's bat swarm bit everyone in the vicinity. I forget about that part since it's just one panel.
    It was in the animated movie too .

Extraordinary Member

My impression of Selina’s appearance in Year One is roughly the same now as it was back then: underwhelmed and rather bored. The coolest things she does are jump down and kick Bruce, the scratch Falcone’s face, and that’s about it.

I’ve been anxious to see some seminal take on her debut against Batman and transformation into Catwoman, and o still don’t think we’ve quite got that.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    My impression of Selina’s appearance in Year One is roughly the same now as it was back then: underwhelmed and rather bored. The coolest things she does are jump down and kick Bruce, the scratch Falcone’s face, and that’s about it.

I’ve been anxious to see some seminal take on her debut against Batman and transformation into Catwoman, and o still don’t think we’ve quite got that.
    There was the "Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper" 4 part mini-series written by Mindy Newell that explored the the transformation of Selina Kyle into the Catwoman in "Batman: Year One" in greater detail.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    There was the "Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper" 4 part mini-series written by Mindy Newell that explored the the transformation of Selina Kyle into the Catwoman in "Batman: Year One" in greater detail.
    Is it canon for Brubaker's run?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Is it canon for Brubaker's run?
    Probably not. Brubaker intentionally (or not) disregarded a lot of the backstory, especially regarding Maggie.

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Probably not. Brubaker intentionally (or not) disregarded a lot of the backstory, especially regarding Maggie.
    I would say Her Sister's Keeper is as canon as Batman: Year One in that HSK was a companion book to B:Y1. The artwork is similar to the point that some of the panels in B:Y1 also appear in HSK.
    Basically Her Sister's Keeper is Batman:Year One told from Selina's point of view. It's sort of Catwoman: Year One.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I would say Her Sister's Keeper is as canon as Batman: Year One in that HSK was a companion book to B:Y1. The artwork is similar to the point that some of the panels in B:Y1 also appear in HSK.
    Basically Her Sister's Keeper is Batman:Year One told from Selina's point of view. It's sort of Catwoman: Year One.
    So it is canon for Bru's run is what you are saying?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

When did Bruce find out Selina's name Post Crisis and when did he know she's Catwoman?

I'm curious isn't Selina more anti-hero than a villain? Also, has she ever been arrested?

When did Bruce find out Selina's name Post Crisis and when did he know she's Catwoman?
    I think they met as socialites Post-Crisis...I want to say it was probably in the 90's where he figured out she was Catwoman, because he knew by the time of Brubaker's run, but I don't know if there was a specific moment where he found out.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious isn't Selina more anti-hero than a villain? Also, has she ever been arrested?
    She was never really meant to be a villain, that much. In her first appearance, she’s a thief and occasionally murdered people but she was always the least bad of the rouge gallery. It was the 60s tv show that, ironically, was her most villainous incarnation. She started to be more of an anti-hero with Brubaker but then reverted to her original affiliation in new 52 before becoming an anti-hero again.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In the Pre Crisis, she got arrested a lot, especially the silver age when they are very black and white in heroes and villains and she hasn't got the skills she has now.

These days she's much harder to catch and almost impossible to detect, as her skill is increased to be the best burglar in the world, assigned to break into the most secure facilities like the government's Red Room or test the security of Justice League satellite and succeeded.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

There isn't a real answer because they had a long story of knowledge and forgetfulness of their true identities. For example time ago (it seems to me during the eighties) DC published a story in which Batman and Catwoman called each other with their real names, but some issue later the authors wrote an apology because they forget that Selina didn't know the real identity of Batman!
    Sometime they acted like Selina didn't know the real Batman's identity, other times she acted like she knew and some other time she acted like if she suspected, but until Hush I don't remember any story in which Selina found out the Bruce's identity or Bruce told her he is Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    There isn't a real answer because they had a long story of knowledge and forgetfulness of their true identities. For example time ago (it seems to me during the eighties) DC published a story in which Batman and Catwoman called each other with their real names, but some issue later the authors wrote an apology because they forget that Selina didn't know the real identity of Batman!
    Sometime they acted like Selina didn't know the real Batman's identity, other times she acted like she knew and some other time she acted like if she suspected, but until Hush I don't remember any story in which Selina found out the Bruce's identity or Bruce told her he is Batman.
    Ha. It's the kind of thing that people just thought should happen even back then huh.

Hush is the Post Crisis reveal for Catwoman, yes, that also references the Pre Crisis Earth-2 reveal. Both times Batman already knows Catwoman's Selina, but it's the first time Batman takes off his mask for her. Both times it's a confession of trust and love. They also share the same scene of Catwoman seeing Batman's back for the first time and surprised that it's full of wounds.

Seeing it the first time was weird to me because not knowing about different continuities at the time, I thought... didn't they already do this before? It's like a childhood deja vu.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I had the same feeling: reading the stories of the nineties I always thought they acted like if Selina knew (or at least suspected) Bruce is Batman, Bruce knew that Selina knew (or suspected), Selina knew that Bruce knew (yes I'm having fun), but both of them pretended not to know, in order to continue to play their game.