View Poll Results: What option fits you better, when it comes to Peter's main romantic interests?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • MJ and no other

28 43.08%
  • MJ followed by Felcia and no other

5 7.69%
  • MJ followed by Gwen and no other

3 4.62%
  • MJ followed by Felcia and Gwen (in that order)

7 10.77%
  • MJ followed by Gwen and Felicia (in that order)

7 10.77%
  • Gwen and no other

3 4.62%
  • Gwen followed by Felcia and no other

0 0%
  • Gwen followed by MJ and no other

0 0%
  • Gwen followed by Felcia and MJ (in that order)

2 3.08%
  • Gwen followed by MJ and Felcia (in that order)

3 4.62%
  • Felicia and no other

2 3.08%
  • Felicia followed by Gwen and no other

1 1.54%
  • Felicia followed by MJ and no other

0 0%
  • Felicia followed by MJ and Gwen (in that order)

1 1.54%
  • Felicia followed by Gwen and MJ (in that order)

3 4.62%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default How much do you like MJ?

This isn't a poll about how many people like one character or another, that's been done and MJ always wins, hands down. It's about relative preferences, about how much any given fan likes her (or not), compared to the other two main romantic interests in Peter's life. I chose just these three, because there's no room in the number of options (Maximum 15), to even include a forth character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    This isn't a poll about how many people like one character or another, that's been done and MJ always wins, hands down. It's about relative preferences, about how much any given fan likes her (or not), compared to the other two main romantic interests in Peter's life. I chose just these three, because there's no room in the number of options (Maximum 15), to even include a forth character.
    For me my top three are all Mary Jane ( 616, Renew Your Vows and Into The Spider Verse) and no other. But if you put a gun to my head, and ranked the top 5 others, this would be my order. 5: Gwen ( 616). 4: MJ ( Spider-Man Life Story). 3: Felicia. 2: Michelle Gonzalez. 1: Gwen ( Emma Stone version).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-10-2020 at 08:36 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    For me my top three are all Mary Jane ( 616, Renew Your Vows and Into The Spider Verse) and no other. But if you put a gun to my head, and ranked the top 5 others, this would be my order. 5: Gwen ( 616). 4: MJ ( MCU). 3: Felicia. 2: Michelle Gonzalez. 1: Gwen ( Emma Stone version).
    Well, you can only choose one option. I could've gone with a multiple choice poll where you could select more than one, but I'm looking for the fine grain, so with a limited number of voters, I think this will work better.

Astonishing Member

Well, you can only choose one option. I could've gone with a multiple choice poll where you could select more than one, but I'm looking for the fine grain, so with a limited number of voters, I think this will work better.
    The reason I chose this option is there are different versions of MJ and Gwen. For example: Renew Your Vows MJ fights crime and is a mother, while 616 does not and was never a mother. As for Gwen, 616, really did little for me ( I preferred Felicia and Michelle), but Emma Stone knocked it out of the park and was my favorite non-comic love interest until Into The Spider-Verse MJ.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-10-2020 at 08:59 AM.

BANNED

The reason I chose this option is there are different versions of MJ and Gwen. For example: Renew Your Vows MJ fights crime and is a mother, while 616 does not and was never a mother. As for Gwen, 616, really did little for me ( I preferred Felicia and Michelle), but Emma Stone knocked it out of the park and was my favorite non-comic love interest until Into The Spider-Verse MJ.
    The "Peter" in the poll's question is earth-616, so his romantic interests are the 616 versions of the other characters.

Astonishing Member

The "Peter" in the poll's question is earth-616, so his romantic interests are the 616 versions of the other characters.
    If it is strictly 616, the answer is MJ and no other.

BANNED

If it is strictly 616, the answer is MJ and no other.
    Glad we could sort that out, you'd still need to cast your vote, tough.

In General -

Gwen followed by Felicia and MJ (in that order), is my preference. I don't know what it is, but the concept of MJ as Peter's primary/default love interest across all (or multiple) universes has never clicked with me.

If Earth 616, I'll have to go with MJ seeing how Gwen is long dead and Felicia and Peter have way too much baggage,
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-10-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    In General -

Gwen followed by Felicia and MJ (in that order), is my preference. I don't know what it is, but the concept of MJ as Peter's primary/default love interest across all (or multiple) universes has never clicked with me.

If Earth 616, I'll have to go with MJ seeing how Gwen is long dead and Felicia and Peter have way too much baggage,
    This is about people's preferences, it should have no bearing on your vote, whether a character is available or not, just vote according to what you like.

I kind of got confused and thought you meant originally the order Peter should date them chronologically, not which I prefer, so I accidentally voted Gwen followed by Felcia and MJ (in that order). Is there anyway I could change it to MJ followed by Felicia and Gwen?

BANNED

ProBoards lets you modify your vote as long as the poll remains active, it doesn't seem to be the case here. In any case, I plan on repeating the question (and the poll), for the other two characters, so you can participate again then and I will consider the new vote, instead of this one (once all three are done, I'll combine the data from each voter).

I voted Gwen, MJ, and Felicia. I was just getting into comics right after Gwen died, and was able to read back issues of her and Peter together in Marvel Tales at the same time I was reading the new books. Peter really loved Gwen and pretty much ignored MJ even though she flirted with him constantly. I feel that if Gwen hadn't died, no way would Peter have ever chosen MJ over her. However, since she did die, MJ was there for him as a friend, and their romance came about naturally due to spending time together. One of the first comics I bought was ASM 143, and that's the issue where they first kissed, just as Peter was leaving for Paris. But when he got back, Gwen's clone showed up, and almost put things back to square one. It was actually years later of them dating off and on, and periods where MJ wasn't even in the book, before they finally got serious enough to finally marry. During those times she was gone, I never minded Felicia either. That allowed Peter to have someone to share that whole part of his life with. I like all 3 of them, but Gwen was Peter's first love, and nothing is ever the same after that.

Extraordinary Member

I have been a fan of Peter and Mary Jane as a couple since I started liking Spider-man. That has never changed and probably never will.

Felicia is a fun character in her own right with her anti-hero style. But as a romantic partner for Spidey she was always more of a side bar while MJ was away for whatever reason, at least.

Gwen never really registered during the period when I was getting into Spider-man and has never made much of an impact whatsoever for me, that she basically has a new personality with every new incarnation doesn't help.

After MJ my second favourite love interest for Peter is probably Sophia Sanduval/Chat from Marvel Adventures Spider-man.

Mighty Member

If I had to rank the ladies by importance I'd say MJ first, then Gwen, then Felicia.

If I had to rank them by preference in terms of character I'd say MJ, followed by Felicia, and Gwen at a distant third.

However, if I am choosing a love interest for the Peter of the current 616 universe, then MJ and no other. My preferred status quo is the one in which MJ is Peter's wife, Felicia is an ally to the Parkers, and Gwen is tragic figure from Peter's past.

BANNED

Quite aside from the shipping issue, Mary Jane is the character with most appearances in 616 Spider-Man among all the supporting characters.

If there is an unifying thread in Spider-Man's continuity from the start to present, across all Spider-Man runs, then it's the love story with Peter and MJ. It's the rock solid emotional center of the entire story. Gwen and Felicia don't rise to that level.

Mary Jane was first mentioned by Aunt May in Amazing Spider-Man #15 as the girl Peter would marry, the one girl that Aunt May believed was right for her Peter. So emotionally she was set up as Peter's future right from the start. It was built in from the very start. And the story of Spider-Man, his growth, and life as a superhero is to a large sense tied to her as a character. She's also been built up by many of Spider-Man's best parts and stories featuring her are among the best in the titles.

That's impossible to gloss over.