Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman issue #19 Preview

Just in case you don't check out the Bendis thread.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I get that people hate Bendis Superman - for reasons I can understand, and reasons that are utterly beyond me - but I cannot grasp arguing these are not 6 perfect pages.
    Buh-bye

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I get that people hate Bendis Superman - for reasons I can understand, and reasons that are utterly beyond me - but I cannot grasp arguing these are not 6 perfect pages.
    I have not seen anybody complain. But then again , they could start.

Astonishing Member

I love this preview. It's just so...perfect.

Unfortunately this run is nothing but a couple of good scenes and interesting ideas but the overall story and characterization is a mess.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You said it, chief. Damn fine preview.

That first page takeout got a good laugh out of me. Well-played.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-16-2020 at 02:21 PM.

...I love that preview? Really looking forward to the full issue now!

Just gonna repeat what I said in the other thread. The preview is amazing, this story is turning out to be infinitely better than I ever hoped it would be, and if the next 3-6 issues are just interactions like this, with Clark and his peers figuring out the new normal, I'd be entirely satisfied.

Clark going public rubs against the core concept of Superman, and yet Bendis is making it f**king work, man.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

For some reason Clark Kent without glasses feels right. Love the shrug he does about what do they call him now.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

This was AMAZING!!!! Best few pages of Bendis' run I've seen yet!

It's definitely written well enough. Even no Bendis speak present. And of course the art which has just been well, Reis, which pretty much stands for beautiful. But then again writing was never an issue with me. Hence my enjoyment of the early run. Its the direction I couldn't get on board with, and still can't. It being crafted decently unfortunately won't change anything where I'm concerned. I wish I could, believe me, I hate it when I'm on the sideline. But there's just nothing here I'm looking for in a Superman lore, its removing and changing too much I consider key to my enjoyment. I guess this is just something where "old guy resistant to change" really comes out in me. For those who were on the fence and are being drawn into the story, I'm glad the negative expectation was subverted though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-16-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    For some reason Clark Kent without glasses feels right. Love the shrug he does about what do they call him now.
    Yeah, that was a moment that stud out to me as well. Didn't even take in that he wasn't wearing glasses till he did the shrug. Great preview though, need this and the heroes special to come out already.

Astonishing Member

I noticed the lack of glasses immediately and it was a little jarring for me. It will take some getting used to.

Extraordinary Member

This preview was incredible. I'm so excited.