Thread: Venom: The End

Default Venom: The End

X-fans might want to read this weirdly wacky book. Plenty of X-peoples involved in a major way, which was a bit of a shocker to me.

I'm reading right now and I'm loving it! It's like an example of what freaking Chimeras could do if done right!

Also... Mutants all have a hight symbiote compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm reading right now and I'm loving it! It's like an example of what freaking Chimeras could do if done right!
    Spoilers please what mutants are in it

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Spoilers please what mutants are in it
    So spoilers:
    essentially Venom is in a future setting where AIs are slowly taking over the universe (eheh familiar) because it's inevitable for it to happen in 616 (ehehhe yes we been knew) and essentially all humans, mutants and aliens are dead or dying. Anyway, for various reasons including their love for Eddie Brock, he decidea to start creating more symbiotes and make them more and more powerful. So he accesses the genetic database contained in his codex (with all of his previous hosts/people he's made contact over the years) and he starts using X-Genes from mutants.

He starts with Madrox but soon realizes that multiplying isn't enough, so he throws in a bit of Elixir to create new life and Storm to start terraforming planets to house his new symbiotes.

Then he starts using more and more powers to turn himself into a Chimera and fight the AIs. The AIs are too fast tho so he tries Quicksilver and starts enhancing his species speed and thoughts, but their biological bodies cannot deal with the strain.

Lastly, he decides to try time travel so he accesses Tempus, Magick and another one that I can't remember.

He goes back in time and catalogues every living creature ever existed and mixes them all up to fight the AIs.

In the end, he realizes that no matter how hard he tries he cannot win and he'll never get Eddie back, so he erases himself from the universe
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So spoilers:
    essentially Venom is in a future setting where AIs are slowly taking over the universe (eheh familiar) because it's inevitable for it to happen in 616 (ehehhe yes we been knew) and essentially all humans, mutants and aliens are dead or dying. Anyway, for various reasons including their love for Eddie Brock, he decidea to start creating more symbiotes and make them more and more powerful. So he accesses the genetic database contained in his codex (with all of his previous hosts/people he's made contact over the years) and he starts using X-Genes from mutants.

He starts with Madrox but soon realizes that multiplying isn't enough, so he throws in a bit of Elixir to create new life and Storm to start terraforming planets to house his new symbiotes.

Then he starts using more and more powers to turn himself into a Chimera and fight the AIs. The AIs are too fast tho so he tries Quicksilver and starts enhancing his species speed and thoughts, but their biological bodies cannot deal with the strain.

Lastly, he decides to try time travel so he accesses Tempus, Magick and another one that I can't remember.

He goes back in time and catalogues every living creature ever existed and mixes them all up to fight the AIs.

In the end, he realizes that no matter how hard he tries he cannot win and he'll never get Eddie back, so he erases himself from the universe
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Technically, the Venom symbiote unfolded itself --- as symbiotes were explained by the writer (Adam Warren) to be entire universes unto themselves --- to preserve all the organic life it had recreated. Oh, and if I recall correctly, the third time-traveling/manipulating mutant the symbiote dredged up from its genetic codex was Timeslip/Rina Patel.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    spoilers:
    Technically, the Venom symbiote unfolded itself --- as symbiotes were explained by the writer (Adam Warren) to be entire universes unto themselves --- to preserve all the organic life it had recreated. Oh, and if I recall correctly, the third time-traveling/manipulating mutant the symbiote dredged up from its genetic codex was Timeslip/Rina Patel.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for the correction, it was hard to remember everything since it was quite dense. It was a fun read tho

Thanks for the correction, it was hard to remember everything since it was quite dense. It was a fun read tho
    You're welcome, and it sure was. spoilers:
    Considering the artificial superintelligences that coalesced into the Godminds that assimilated all life in the universe to recreate said universe in their own image
    end of spoilers . . . does anybody here think that could have something to do with the Singularity/Ascension foreshadowed in Powers of X's flashforwards to Year 1000?

BANNED

Considering the artificial superintelligences that coalesced into the Godminds that assimilated all life in the universe to recreate said universe in their own image
    end of spoilers . . . does anybody here think that could have something to do with the Singularity/Ascension foreshadowed in Powers of X's flashforwards to Year 1000?
    Then it would be funny that the ultimate enemy of the mutankind was controlled by the mind of spoilers:
    Tony Stark
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

I very, very much doubt Warren knew anything that was not publically available about HoX/PoX/DoX; nor that Hickman knew anything at all about V:TE.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Then it would be funny that the ultimate enemy of the mutankind was controlled by the mind of spoilers:
    Tony Stark
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Technically, Stark's surviving digitized consciousness was assimilated into the Godminds and brought out to act as their emissary. He wasn't leading them so much as being used as a "face" for Venom to interface with.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    I very, very much doubt Warren knew anything that was not publically available about HoX/PoX/DoX; nor that Hickman knew anything at all about V:TE.
    Good point.

Extraordinary Member

It was a really fun read.

And rather disturbing that Venom can only keep someone alive for a few centuries.