Thread: Venom: The End

Default Venom: The End

Did anyone check out the Venom: The End one-shot?

CBR's own Jodi Odgers liked it, although the format is unusual, with Venom taking a pivotal role in a final battle between biological life and AI.

The tale is told almost entirely through images from artist Jeffrey "Chamba" Cruz, with captions explaining each event in the tale. There is almost no dialogue in the entire issue, which makes the reader feel as if they are watching a documentary or reading up on Venom's end for an essay or project. As a result, the issue is quite dense, and anyone who picks it up should definitely read it more than once in order to properly grasp everything that happens.

Luckily, the writing and the art make the reader want to pick up Venom: The End over and over again. Writer Adam Warren has set up a unique premise. The events of the issue are clearly meticulously planned, and almost every page holds some event that would be the focus of an issue in any other series. No matter what zany events Warren has thought out, Cruz is more than up to the task of bringing them to life. Even with so many different characters and versions of Venom involved in the story, Chamba never falters in his renderings, and seeing the madness unfold is thoroughly entertaining.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I did. Loved it. As someone who's been aware of Adam Warren through his version of The Dirty Pair for Dark Horse, his original superhero comedy/satire Empowered, and his earlier work for Marvel with Livewires, Iron Man: Hypervelocity, and Galacta, Daughter of Galactus, I recognized the brain-bending sci-fi jargon, themes, and concepts woven into this take on Venom's final eons. spoilers:
    Given the current plot in Iron Man 2020 and the foreshadowed distant future in Powers of X, I wonder if the artificial superintelligences that later coalesce into the Godminds that seek to reconstruct the universe in their own image --- and even succeed in doing so, ultimately --- would be the triumphant descendants of Iron Man 2020's robot revolution.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I loved it, it was so much fun and a crazy read.

Mighty Member

I loved it, and even if I liked a lot of Adam Warrens works, I didn't know that he was so crazy and inventive. He needs to write an X-book.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I loved it, and even if I liked a lot of Adam Warrens works, I didn't know that he was so crazy and inventive. He needs to write an X-book.
    Agreed. He'd do a great job.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's one of the most interesting things that I have read from Marvel since HOX/POX ! I don't understand why people don't talk more about this.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I concur, especially as both writer & artist.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I concur, especially as both writer & artist.
    Indeed. And it's not like he hasn't tackled X-Men before; according to Galacta, Daughter of Galactus, which he wrote as well, all mutant powers are based on reality warping, only limited by each individual mutant's belief about what their power is.

I love hyper dense sci-fi (and Venom) so this was pretty much perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KROENEN View Post
    I love hyper dense sci-fi (and Venom) so this was pretty much perfect for me.
    All things considered, I agree.

It's just too bad Adam Warren didn't do the artwork himself.