Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

It just seems like there are quite a few reasons for Death to not be doing too hot, especially since Krakoa's resurrections aren't just effecting a dozen or so superheroes and villains, but potentially millions of people, maybe even billions.

Now Death has found a new perspective and can keep going on, but between Krakoa and whatever Hulk is doing, it just shows that, well, I know both sides have some very smart people at the helm, but are they really smarter or qiser than the cosmic beings running the show?

I remember when the Ultimates worried that humans could have destroyed time and Galactus laughed in their face for thinking they had the ability to do that.

the mutant deaths were mostly caused by Wanda's cosmic tampering. they wouldn't have died otherwise. death needs to get over herself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Exactly. It should have been a non-starter of a thread.

And the arguments that Jane made are so damn pedestrian... if an author is going to tackle "Big concepts" maybe at least be more thoughtful than high school introduction to philosophy.
    You're asking too much of 2020 Jason Aaron. The man can't make a race in hell interesting or pull off his idea of superheroes arms race, not like he'll do well with cosmic concepts and such. He needs a rest.

I mean it does make sense when you think about it. Just like how a few years back, the MU was messing with time travel which led to the eventuality that time was pushed to its limits. Between the X-Men, the Green Door and what Ben Reilly was doing with New U, they're messing with a fundamental aspect of the universe. It would be interesting to explore the repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I mean it does make sense when you think about it. Just like how a few years back, the MU was messing with time travel which led to the eventuality that time was pushed to its limits. Between the X-Men, the Green Door and what Ben Reilly was doing with New U, they're messing with a fundamental aspect of the universe. It would be interesting to explore the repercussions.
    The problem is that we have to assume that nothing like this has ever happened in the entire Marvel Universe except now and on Earth. Have the Skrulls, Shi'ar, Kree ever learned to travel in time or resurrect dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Mutants are such a small portion to bother death. Even if they did resurrect all mutants who died, which would be ~17 millions at most, it is not even a third of the 54 million people who die each year (according to google). And we're talking about a single planet in the universe in a one-time-only event. I really can't see the big deal here.
    And they aren’t coming back in a snap. They’re trickling in...there’s a waitlist lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You're asking too much of 2020 Jason Aaron. The man can't make a race in hell interesting or pull off his idea of superheroes arms race, not like he'll do well with cosmic concepts and such. He needs a rest.
    Yeah. I really liked his "Southern Bastards"... I think he does his best work with creator owned, real world stuff. His Marvel output has not really been to my taste.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The problem is that we have to assume that nothing like this has ever happened in the entire Marvel Universe except now and on Earth. Have the Skrulls, Shi'ar, Kree ever learned to travel in time or resurrect dead?
    Presumably they had better sense than to screw with the order of things for the lulz.

It’s also possible, much like the threat a Hulk corrupted by TOBA presents to everything, Moira’s presence and the fact that 616 dies with her probably adds a bit of metaphysical weight to Earth-bound shenanigans that would otherwise fall below Death’s radar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    One "little" thing affects another... and I think that's the point the writers are trying to make with Death being affected.

Krakoa is a bold and new step in itself that affects everyone within the MU. (I mean look how it's affecting people in reality.... smh, getting all bent over a fictional nation in a comic book)

There are consequences to everything, good and bad, which leads to more stories at the end of the day.

And that's a good thing.
    I personally have no issue with this kind of story being born from what Krakoa is doing. I take issue with people trying to stir things up just to stick it to Krakoa. OP said, "This is about to stir up some major ****."

Don't start none, won't be none.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Presumably they had better sense than to screw with the order of things for the lulz.

It’s also possible, much like the threat a Hulk corrupted by TOBA presents to everything, Moira’s presence and the fact that 616 dies with her probably adds a bit of metaphysical weight to Earth-bound shenanigans that would otherwise fall below Death’s radar
    Yeah, it's a lot happening at once to poor Death

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    The X-men only answer to one cosmic entity and it's a giant space bird
    I thought they worshipped a Big Brother giant tree…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Hey but at the very least this proves to those who said that the souls aren't coming back they actually are.

I wouldn't be suprised if when she healed herself death cut herself off from the hulks and mutants and there will reach a point mutants find out they don't have to resurrect.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I thought they worshipped a Big Brother giant tree…
    I don't think they worship the Phoenix. It's just that it's always shoving it's fiery beak in their business. it's probably the cosmic entity that likes mutants the most, it even reversed m-day.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's not about it never happening before, as individually it has. It's about the scale that it's happening. Think of it this way; a person getting injured multiple times over the span of their life isn't much of an issue as they are able to recover even if it leaves its scars. However, have a person continuously get injured in a short period of time, trauma ends up compiling and damaging the body faster than it can recover. That is basically what's going on with them messing with the very forces of the nature of the universe.