Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    How is that even a question? Yes, they are messing with the forces of the universe. Even if they are the next step in evolution for man, they are mortals, not gods. They don’t get a pass. To mess with one of the fundamental laws of the universe is nothing short of sheer arrogance.
    Resurrections were not invented by the mutants obviously. What if nature wants this to happen? It's your perception that they are breaking the laws of nature. It is my perception that nature is allowing this as part of the grand order of things. Neither is wrong, although you seem to want to tell me I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    What part of the Resurrection process do you consider to be messing with the forces of the universe is it using a machine to copy a person's mind or is it using mutant powers to grow the body or telepathy to copy the mind into the body and if it is mutants using their natural powers to do something does that mean you consider mutants using their powers to be shear arrogance.
    This.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Would be ironic if the Phoenix ended up torching Krakoa because it considers a bunch of immortals experimenting with chimeras as evolutionary stagnant.
    The Phoenix is too busy eating ice cream planets and listening to break up songs to do anything atm.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    The Phoenix is too busy eating ice cream planets and listening to break up songs to do anything atm.
    The Phoenix has got too much of an hard-on for mutants to get mad at them. She'd probably help them burn everything else to the ground.

Thank you for that, Scott Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Resurrections were not invented by the mutants obviously. What if nature wants this to happen? It's your perception that they are breaking the laws of nature. It is my perception that nature is allowing this as part of the grand order of things. Neither is wrong, although you seem to want to tell me I'm wrong.
    If nature wanted it to happen then it wouldn’t be harming Lady Death. That in and of itself is evidence right there that they’re messing with the natural order. Just because they’re mutants doesn’t make them better than the rest of the universe and give them immunity to the repercussions of their actions. Evidence has been presented that supports that it’s doing harm on a cosmic scale even if you want to deny it. Where’s your evidence that somehow this is all within the natural order because it feels more like baseless statements than a counter argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The Phoenix has got too much of an hard-on for mutants to get mad at them. She'd probably help them burn everything else to the ground.

Thank you for that, Scott Summers.
    Yeah, if it gets involved the X-men will have to stop it from burning everything else

If nature wanted it to happen then it wouldn’t be harming Lady Death. That in and of itself is evidence right there that they’re messing with the natural order. Just because they’re mutants doesn’t make them better than the rest of the universe and give them immunity to the repercussions of their actions. Evidence has been presented that supports that it’s doing harm on a cosmic scale even if you want to deny it. Where’s your evidence that somehow this is all within the natural order because it feels more like baseless statements than a counter argument.
    She healed a few panels later thanks to Jane talking some sense. "I am healed". She said it herself. Which indicates it was all dramatics. "I'm suffering. Ok I'm fine".

But the bold part above is the interesting part. Now we're getting somewhere. Because that's not what I said at all, that came from you. All I said was what if everything happens for a reason? What if everything is part of the natural order, even when it seems unnatural? You took it as me defending the mutants cause what, supremacy? No. What if what happens IS the natural order? That goes for everything. Everything.

She healed a few panels later thanks to Jane talking some sense. "I am healed". She said it herself. Which indicates it was all dramatics. "I'm suffering. Ok I'm fine".

But the bold part above is the interesting part. Now we're getting somewhere. Because that's not what I said at all, that came from you. All I said was what if everything happens for a reason? What if everything is part of the natural order, even when it seems unnatural? You took it as me defending the mutants cause what, supremacy? No. What if what happens IS the natural order? That goes for everything. Everything.
    Again, if it was a part of the natural order, then it would have never become something that was harmful to Death. Just because a solution was found doesn’t erase the fact that the problem itself stemmed from such a thing. Ben Reilly, a single person dying and resurrecting 27 times was enough to get Death’s attention because as she put it, death is not meant to be a revolving door and to pull a soul back and forth has damaging effects. Now imagine that on the scale of the entire mutant population given that there were millions.

Again, if it was a part of the natural order, then it would have never become something that was harmful to Death. Just because a solution was found doesn’t erase the fact that the problem itself stemmed from such a thing. Ben Reilly, a single person dying and resurrecting 27 times was enough to get Death’s attention because as she put it, death is not meant to be a revolving door and to pull a soul back and forth has damaging effects. Now imagine that on the scale of the entire mutant population given that there were millions.
    But that's what I'm wondering. If it was harmful to Death, how did Jane's words heal her? It seems like a stretch that the resurrection protocols would harm her (fair) but then she's healed moments later. So what I'm questioning is was she indeed harmed or was it her perception that caused her harm? Because a change in perception thanks to Jane seemed to heal her. Was it Death's issue all along? Was she questioning her own role in the grand scheme of things, only to be healed once she calmed down and looked at it differently? Perhaps Death needs a therapist.

So

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Would be ironic if the Phoenix ended up torching Krakoa because it considers a bunch of immortals experimenting with chimeras as evolutionary stagnant.
    ...that’s deep...
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Weird that Death would be so sickened by it, since it's not like the X-Men invented Resurrections. Breakworld had resurrecting technology and it was actually a galactic empire, but Miss Death didn't seem bothered. Unless the mutants become the prominent species in the universe, I don't see how she would even perceive that as troubling, considering it probably happens in other places too.

I mean, it was a nice reference but quite dumb in execution imo. Death only needed a peep talk to get through it so it probably isn't a real problem. Also "do we need death?" Mmm yeah duh.

I think that the Green Door is more troublesome to the universe that The Five btw.
    I mean...in the panels posted Death was talking about other ‘resurrections’ besides Krakoa, she specifically pointed out Jane even, she wasn’t picking on mutants, lol.

This is dumb Selene resurrected way more people during Necrosha. In Marvel dead will never mean dead because they are too scared to build up new characters and teams.

BANNED

But that's what I'm wondering. If it was harmful to Death, how did Jane's words heal her? It seems like a stretch that the resurrection protocols would harm her (fair) but then she's healed moments later. So what I'm questioning is was she indeed harmed or was it her perception that caused her harm? Because a change in perception thanks to Jane seemed to heal her. Was it Death's issue all along? Was she questioning her own role in the grand scheme of things, only to be healed once she calmed down and looked at it differently? Perhaps Death needs a therapist.
    Because Abstract Entities are metaphors incarnated. This idea was explored in Ewing ultimates , once you are in the world of the Abstracts all is metaphor, there the words have power. And she isn’t questioning her one role, the one questioning it was the death of death . The issue made it very clear with many deaths being reverted the Tribunal was judging if the universe should just became in a cancer verse.

Ahh but that's the big question, are they messing with the forces of nature or are they stepping into their role as the next step in evolution? It is their powers and creativity and DNA that bring forth resurrection, and aren't those things from nature?
    The humans are already messing with the forces of nature… and the Phoenix don't come to scold them.
    However, the evolution is the result of a environmental pressure or change like the disappearance of the dinosaurs…
    And Krakoa seems perfect for mutants, too perfect… Why evolve?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The humans are already messing with the forces of nature… and the Phoenix don't come to scold them.
    However, the evolution is the result of a environmental pressure or change like the disappearance of the dinosaurs…
    And Krakoa seems perfect for mutants, too perfect… Why evolve?
    Well the mutants 'evolution' is the result of Celestials mucking around
    GrindrStone(D)