Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Saitama vs. Arcade

Arcade has been hired to kill Saitama, and been given a very thorough explanation of his abilities.

So, the question is: Can Arcade, with Prep Time, develop a murder world capable of Killing Saitama

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Arcade has been hired to kill Saitama, and been given a very thorough explanation of his abilities.

So, the question is: Can Arcade, with Prep Time, develop a murder world capable of Killing Saitama
    The first problem there is that we have literally no idea what it would take to kill Saitama. He's basically immune to everything in his world that we've seen so far, and that includes things a bit outside of Arcade's paygrade, like literally being punched to the moon then just jumping back unharmed.

The second is speed: Arcade doesn't really have feats for dealing with that, and Saitama's got oodles of it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The first problem there is that we have literally no idea what it would take to kill Saitama. He's basically immune to everything in his world that we've seen so far, and that includes things a bit outside of Arcade's paygrade, like literally being punched to the moon then just jumping back unharmed.

The second is speed: Arcade doesn't really have feats for dealing with that, and Saitama's got oodles of it.
    Made worse that we've never seen Saitama go all-out. The closest we've gotten is his "Serious Series" moves, and that's just Saitama putting some effort into what he's doing.

Hell, his punch that split the cloudline from where he was standing to the curvature of the earth was him still holding back according to Boros (which Saitama didn't dispute).

Arcade would have to build EVERYTHING in the place out of Adamantium/Vibranium just to keep Saitama from destroying it with a casual punch.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

There's a reason we generally don't see Arcade taking on people on the Hulk/Thor level.

It's because he's not at all dangerous to them and they can turn him into paste with ease.

Saitama is, at the very least, in that same general area of power.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, just develop an otherwise normal fighting game cabinet that launches anyone that loses into space and point it away from the moon. Maybe make the prize for winning be some sort of permanent discount at his closest grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Honestly, just develop an otherwise normal fighting game cabinet that launches anyone that loses into space and point it away from the moon. Maybe make the prize for winning be some sort of permanent discount at his closest grocery store.

"Dibs!"
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This is a really good strategy. Saitama is a physical monster but he's not impossible to trick.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know. Saitama might be able to react faster than the machine can launch him. And if it's a vehicle he can probably easily stop it

And it sounds a bit small for Arcade's usual MO.

Fantastic Member

Shouldn't this be in the "Curb Stomps We'd Like To See" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I don't know. Saitama might be able to react faster than the machine can launch him. And if it's a vehicle he can probably easily stop it

And it sounds a bit small for Arcade's usual MO.
    I mean, it's not impossible that Arcade has access to 616 massively FTL engines or teleportation tech, though I guess that it really isn't in character for Arcade in a scenario match.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Honestly, "in character," I doubt Saitama would react anyway if he were focused on a videogame. To begin, Saitama's general MO is already to let himself get smacked around uselessly by whatever; it's pretty much CIS at this point. An arena match would be different, but it's entirely believable that he wouldn't react to this at all, let alone react while already focused on a videogame.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Honestly, "in character," I doubt Saitama would react anyway if he were focused on a videogame. To begin, Saitama's general MO is already to let himself get smacked around uselessly by whatever; it's pretty much CIS at this point. An arena match would be different, but it's entirely believable that he wouldn't react to this at all, let alone react while already focused on a videogame.
    Ehhhhhh, not really. I mean he lets himself get hit sometimes but it's actually pretty rare. Flashy Flash tried to hit him twice and got air. Speed'o Sound Sonic? He's never come all that close to making contact. Genos has gone all out on him and touched only air. Orochi - same thing. Garou's first couple of charges at Saitama resulted in him getting reduced to fragments, more or less by accident on Saitama's part, as he didn't even know who Garou was.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

There's big sections of multiple fights that are just Saitama standing there with a dumb look on his face while he gets pounded on. Sometimes it's because he's distracted by something extremely petty (like say a videogame), but there's been lots of time where he just didn't bother avoiding hits. Boros, Sea King, Suiryu, and Carnage Kabuto all fall under one or both of these. Sonic he generally outspeeds right away, but Sonic's also made every single encounter entirely about speed. A lot of his opponents only ever touch him at all because he just didn't bother or because he was distracted, and a videogame is 100% a valid distraction for Saitama. Trapped arcade cabinet that launches you into space is so valid that it sounds like something right out of the series itself.

Not saying it's a failproof trap, but it definitely falls into the realm of things that could take a believable majority against an unprepped Saitama.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    There's big sections of multiple fights that are just Saitama standing there with a dumb look on his face while he gets pounded on. Sometimes it's because he's distracted by something extremely petty (like say a videogame), but there's been lots of time where he just didn't bother avoiding hits. Boros, Sea King, Suiryu, and Carnage Kabuto all fall under one or both of these. Sonic he generally outspeeds right away, but Sonic's also made every single encounter entirely about speed. A lot of his opponents only ever touch him at all because he just didn't bother or because he was distracted, and a videogame is 100% a valid distraction for Saitama. Trapped arcade cabinet that launches you into space is so valid that it sounds like something right out of the series itself.

Not saying it's a failproof trap, but it definitely falls into the realm of things that could take a believable majority against an unprepped Saitama.
    Hahaha "unprepped Saitama" begs the question of how ridiculous a "prepped" Saitama would be. Not ridiculously strong or anything, just... ridiculous.

OK, the thing with all of those fights where he gets hit is when he's more or less already sure for whatever reason that the beating can't actually hurt him at all. It was kind of a plot point against Boros that he basically let Boros hit him to make Boros feel better.

And I wouldn't at all say "majority" for Saitama losing to the video game: he's so much faster than anything Arcade has feats for triggering (that I recall), even if the thing can fly or zip away at light speed, Saitama will still have time to react before it starts moving. Garou, with all of his speed, tries to charge a dude next to Saitama. Saitama doesn't even think, he just reacts and KO's the dude. More than once. Flashy Flash makes a sneak attack from behind a corner. Saitama just casually leans out of the way. Flashy does it again, with his maximum technique and speed, Saitama believes him when he says he slipped, that's how useless a move it was against him. Orochi, who can OSKO cadres of the MA before they can react, can't touch a barely-trying and even actually monologing Saitama, Saitama blows him to chunks with a normal punch.

I guess that he could just attach a 616 FTL drive to the room that the arcade cabinet is in and launch it while he's still in the middle of trying to beat the game and win his discount, then blow it up once it's our of easy visible range of the Earth.