Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I feel like how aware Saitama is of his surroundings is hard to peg. There's definitely a vibe he has supernatural awareness at times-- when he punched that meteor there were, miraculously, no casualities, just massive property damage. He also dodges the sword strikes of Flashy Flash and Sonic, which sort of implies they could have hurt him, but he also took no damage from Nyan Nyan (spelling?) and that cat sliced buildings up. Then there is how he blows up monsters but merely knocks out people, but it is implied he can't help but do both.

Also, Tornado spends a whole fight throwing him around, but when she specifically decides to throw him into space, without announcing it, and suddenly Saitama makes himself too heavy to lift, and he doesn't seem to be doing it deliberately. So I'm not actually sure you can catch him off guard when it counts.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I feel like how aware Saitama is of his surroundings is hard to peg. There's definitely a vibe he has supernatural awareness at times-- when he punched that meteor there were, miraculously, no casualities, just massive property damage. He also dodges the sword strikes of Flashy Flash and Sonic, which sort of implies they could have hurt him, but he also took no damage from Nyan Nyan (spelling?) and that cat sliced buildings up. Then there is how he blows up monsters but merely knocks out people, but it is implied he can't help but do both.

Also, Tornado spends a whole fight throwing him around, but when she specifically decides to throw him into space, without announcing it, and suddenly Saitama makes himself too heavy to lift, and he doesn't seem to be doing it deliberately. So I'm not actually sure you can catch him off guard when it counts.
    This is exactly how I read him. He's got a hell of a spidey sense, really. I mean, if early Garou had charged Saitama instead of King, I could see Saitama just face-tanking it. But Garou charged King, who could never survive a shot from the guy, so Saitama reacted more-or-less instinctively to KTFO the guy casually.

And the Tatsumaki thing definitely. She's crazy powerful and just uses him as a bald battering ram for panel after panel, but the instant she tried to do something that might-or-might-not actually hurt him, and which would probably inconvenience him, he LOLnopes it without really trying, and certainly without apparently knowing what the hell he was doing or how he was doing it.

So yeah, I'm leery on tricking Saitama in this fashion. I'm not saying it wouldn't work, but man, he's got lots and lots of feats for basically instinctively knowing exactly how much to react to a given threat.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    So yeah, I'm leery on tricking Saitama in this fashion. I'm not saying it wouldn't work, but man, he's got lots and lots of feats for basically instinctively knowing exactly how much to react to a given threat.
    That's a great way to sum it up, yeah.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    There's a reason we generally don't see Arcade taking on people on the Hulk/Thor level.

It's because he's not at all dangerous to them and they can turn him into paste with ease.

Saitama is, at the very least, in that same general area of power.
    Wait, Saitama finally reached Thor/Hulk level, the last i knew was that he still not got tested by anone comparable to characters of that tier?

Doesn't Arcade kidnap targets he is hired to assassinate? That will be most troubling to do with Saitama who will most likely break the trap on the spot, or if Aracade is lucky and Saitama enters the trap then his transport will be broken on the way before the assigned target reaches the murder world.

Lucky for Arcade though, our hero is not good at detective work or recognizing faces, so he won't find him.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Doesn't Arcade kidnap targets he is hired to assassinate? That will be most troubling to do with Saitama who will most likely break the trap on the spot, or if Aracade is lucky and Saitama enters the trap then his transport will be broken on the way before the assigned target reaches the murder world.

Lucky for Arcade though, our hero is not good at detective work or recognizing faces, so he won't find him.
    Unfortunately, after Saitama mentions it happening 2-3 times, Genos would decide to follow Saitama to see who keeps doing it. And Genos is better at recognizing people than Saitama.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Unfortunately, after Saitama mentions it happening 2-3 times, Genos would decide to follow Saitama to see who keeps doing it. And Genos is better at recognizing people than Saitama.
    So true.

I imagined a scenario without Genos. I love the dynamic of the two characters.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Wait, Saitama finally reached Thor/Hulk level, the last i knew was that he still not got tested by anone comparable to characters of that tier?
    Here's a feat from a LONG time ago, relatively:

Genos challenges Saitama to a duel - it's training, but Genos goes all out and makes Saitama promise not to hold back. Genos throws everything he has at Saitama for a bit, doing jack squat of course.

Genos gets mad that Saitama isn't really trying at all.

So Saitama throws a casual punch. Genos can't actually react to it. Saitama pulls it so that it doesn't connect, not actually wanting to kill Genos.

Just the force of the shot that did not connect to anything opens up a miles long, hundred-plus meter wide and deep crater in stone - there was a cliff behind Genos.

That's easily up there with things that solid class 100s do.

Next, you have our hero, while screwing around with Boros, letting his foe land a hit on him.

Said hit knocks him to the moon, where he leaves a large crater. He is completely unharmed. He then casually jumps back to Earth (if he can fly, he still doesn't realize it).

Again, that's class 100 level stuff.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It's also worth noting that the force of Saitama jumping off the moon made an explosion that covered like quarter of the face of the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's also worth noting that the force of Saitama jumping off the moon made an explosion that covered like quarter of the face of the moon.
    Yeah, and you can get a full appreciation for the moon's damage in some of the later volumes when they show it in passing.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Here's a feat from a LONG time ago, relatively:

Genos challenges Saitama to a duel - it's training, but Genos goes all out and makes Saitama promise not to hold back. Genos throws everything he has at Saitama for a bit, doing jack squat of course.

Genos gets mad that Saitama isn't really trying at all.

So Saitama throws a casual punch. Genos can't actually react to it. Saitama pulls it so that it doesn't connect, not actually wanting to kill Genos.

Just the force of the shot that did not connect to anything opens up a miles long, hundred-plus meter wide and deep crater in stone - there was a cliff behind Genos.

That's easily up there with things that solid class 100s do.

Next, you have our hero, while screwing around with Boros, letting his foe land a hit on him.

Said hit knocks him to the moon, where he leaves a large crater. He is completely unharmed. He then casually jumps back to Earth (if he can fly, he still doesn't realize it).

Again, that's class 100 level stuff.
    There's also his "serious series" punch at the end of the fight with Boros. The force of it not only resulted in Boros' death, it also split Boros' planet- razing beam and the cloud cover behind Boros from where they were all the way to the way to the curvature of the earth
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis