Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default April 2020 Solicitations

Here are all of Wonder Woman’s, supposed, solicitations for April/May 2020!

WONDER WOMAN: THE MANY LIVES OF MAXWELL LORD TP

written by KEITH GIFFEN, J.M. DeMATTEIS, GREG RUCKA, JUDD WINICK, GEOFF JOHNS, TIM SEELEY and others

art by KEVIN MAGUIRE, KEITH GIFFEN, PHIL JIMENEZ, JESUS SAIZ, RAGS MORALES, JOE BENNETT and others

cover by TONY HARRIS

Witness the rise and fall of one of DC’s most manipulative masterminds! Coinciding with his big screen debut in Wonder Woman 1984, this volumes collects key moments in Maxwell Lord’s history as both a hero and a villain, from his debut as the financial backer of the Justice League International to his fateful Infinite Crisis encounter with Wonder Woman, and beyond. This new title includes Justice League #1 (1987), Justice League International #12, Countdown to Infinite Crisis #1, The Omac Project #2, Wonder Woman #219, Justice League: Generation Lost #20, and Justice League #12 (2017).
    ON SALE 05.27.20
    $16.99 US | 160 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-609-2
    _____

WONDER WOMAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK: THE WITCHING HOUR TP

written by JAMES TYNION IV

art by JESUS MERINO, ALVARO MARTÍNEZ BUENO, EMANUELA LUPACCHINO, and others

cover by JESUS MERINO

An ancient force of dark magic is stirring, and the Justice League Dark stands in its way—and the source of its power lies deep inside the soul of their leader, Wonder Woman! Hecate, the witch-goddess of magic, always knew that this day would come, when the monsters from which she originally stole the power of magic would return. All these millennia, she’s been hatching a plan, and now is the time to take back and use the power she’s hidden across Earth inside the Witchmarked, human beings with vast reservoirs of power secreted inside them. Collects Justice League Dark/Wonder Woman: The Witching Hour #1, Wonder Woman/Justice League Dark: The Witching Hour #1, Wonder Woman #56-57, and Justice League Dark #4.
    ON SALE 05.06.20
    $16.99 US | 160 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-9935-4
    _____

WONDER WOMAN #750: THE DELUXE EDITION HC

written by VITA AYALA, MARGUERITE BENNETT, KAMI GARCIA, DEAN HALE, JEFF LOVENESS, STEVE ORLANDO, GREG RUCKA, SCOTT SNYDER, GAIL SIMONE, MARIKO TAMAKI, and others

art by ELENA CASAGRANDE, COLLEEN DORAN, JESUS MERINO, BRYAN HITCH and others

cover by JOËLLE JONES

The landmark 750th issue of Wonder Woman is collected in a new Deluxe Edition hardcover! Longtime favorites and acclaimed new voices unite to give Diana, Princess of Themyscira, the anniversary volume she deserves. In the lead story, Wonder Woman’s epic “Year of the Villain” battle comes to a close, leading the way to new challenges ahead. Plus, this gem tells tales from Diana’s past, present, and future by some of the greatest storytellers in the business—including Colleen Doran, Mariko Tamaki, and Kami Garcia, and legendary creators returning to the character, such as Gail Simone and Greg Rucka! Includes variant covers and more!
    ON SALE 05.27.20
    $17.99 US | 7.0625” x 10.875” | 172 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-397-8
    _____

WONDER WOMAN: THE LAST TRUE HERO BOOK ONE TP

written by WILLIAM MESSNER-LOEBS and others

art by JILL THOMPSON, PARIS CULLINS, LEE MODER, and others

cover by BRIAN BOLLAND

In 1992 Wonder Woman moved into a new era courtesy of award-winning writer William Messner-Loebs. Starting with an encounter with Deathstroke and a fight with her old foe the Cheetah, Loebs’ run saw Wonder Woman caught in the dark shadow of the Eclipso event and imprisoned on a savage planet. Collects Wonder Woman Special #1 (1992), Wonder Woman #63, #64, #66-75, and Wonder Woman
    Annual #3 (1992).
    ON SALE 05.20.20
    $39.99 US | 400 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-036-6
    _____

WONDER WOMAN THROUGH THE YEARS HC

stories and art by various

cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS

Celebrate the many colorful eras of Wonder Woman through the decades, with stories ranging from formative Golden Age tales to her current adventures, including Diana taking on spies in the 1950s, Silver Swan in the 1980s, and teaming with Batman and Superman in in the 1990s. Collects Wonder Woman #5, #45, #50, #76, #126, #155, and #204-206, Sensation Comics #70, Wonder Woman (1986) #15-16, #140-141, and #170, Wonder Woman (2006) #5 and #0, and Wonder Woman Annual (2017) #1.
    ON SALE 05.06.20
    $39.99 US | 352 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-200-1
    _____

WONDER WOMAN VOL. 1: THE JUST WAR TP

written by G. WILLOW WILSON

art by CARY NORD, XERMANICO, JESUS MERINO, and others

cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON

Far below Themyscira, Ares, the god of war, has been imprisoned for generations, repenting his past sins. But his new cellmate Grail may have an unexpected effect on him... and the plan they’ve come up with threatens to change Themyscira—and the world—forever! When Wonder Woman rushes to eastern Europe to rescue Steve Trevor from a mission gone wrong, she’ll find herself face to face with a very new, very different god of war. It’s true, Ares has been reborn on Earth—but has he changed forthe better? Of all the role models in the world, he seems to have chosen...Wonder Woman?! Diana and Steve Trevor better watch their backs, because Ares isn’t the only creature of myth to find his way to Man’s World...and he’s not the only resurrected Olympian either. Collects Wonder Woman #58-65.
    ON SALE 05.27.20
    $19.99 US | 192 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-166-0
    _____

WONDER WOMAN: COME BACK TO ME TP

written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

art by CHAD HARDIN, TOM DERENICK, and TREVOR SCOTT

cover by AMANDA CONNER

It’s a Wonder Woman story for the ages as she sets off in search of Steve Trevor! Joining Wonder Woman on her quest is Steve’s commanding officer, Etta Candy. The two soon find themselves trapped on a mysterious, uncharted island. If Steve is there, he may not have survived the island’s many dangers! Collects Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me #1-6.
    ON SALE 05.13.20
    $16.99 US | 160 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-9468-7
    _____

WONDER WOMAN: STEVE TREVOR TP

stories and art by various

cover by PAUL RENAUD

As the first outsider to set foot on Themyscira, pilot Steve Trevor soon forged an alliance with Princess Diana. Steve’s strength and courage in the face of danger have proven him to be a consummate soldier and occasional spy, saving his squad and the nation more times than we can count. All the while, he’s been an invaluable ally to Diana, both in her civilian life and in her duties as Wonder Woman, serving as her entry point to and frequent guide through the strange and unpredictable world of humankind...and on occasion, much more. Collects All-Star Comics #8, Wonder Woman #41, #127, #179, #289-290, #322 and #329, Wonder Woman (1986) #12, Wonder Woman (2016) #2, and Wonder Woman: Steve Trevor Special #1.
    ON SALE 05.20.20
    $19.99 US | 232 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-198-1
    _____

WONDER WOMAN: TEMPEST TOSSED TP

written by LAURIE HALSE ANDERSON

art and cover by LEILA DEL DUCA

Princess Diana of Themyscira believes that her 16th birthday will be one of new beginnings—namely, acceptance into the warrior tribe of the Amazons. But her birthday celebrations are cut short when rafts carrying refugees break through the barrier that separates her island home from the outside world. When Diana defies the Amazons to try to bring the outsiders to safety, she finds herself swept away by the stormy sea. Cut off from everything she’s ever known, Diana herself becomes a refugee in an unfamiliar land.
    Now Diana must survive in the world beyond Themyscira for the first time—a world that is filled with danger and injustice unlike anything she’s ever experienced.
    With new battles to be fought and new friends to be made, she must redefine what it means to belong, to be an Amazon, and to make a difference.
    From New York Times bestselling author Laurie Halse Anderson (Speak) and acclaimed artist Leila del Duca (Shutter), Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed is a story about growing into your strength, fighting for justice, and finding home.
    ON SALE 05.27.20
    $16.99 US | FC | 6” x 9”
    208 PAGES
    DC GRAPHIC NOVELS
    FOR YOUNG ADULTS
    ISBN: 978-1-4012-8645-3
    _____
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-17-2020 at 11:09 AM.

WONDER WOMAN: DEAD EARTH #3

written by DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON

art and cover by DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON

variant cover by DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON

The revelation of the Haedras’ true nature overwhelms even the mighty Amazon Princess, forcing Diana to seek out the one person who can help her: Superman. But what Diana finds at the Fortress of Solitude is one of the most shocking secrets in the history of Wonder Woman.
    PRESTIGE PLUS
    ON SALE 04.29.20
    $6.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | 3 OF 4 | BIMONTHLY
    APPROX. 8.5” x 10.875”
    DC BLACK LABEL | AGES 17+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.
    _____

WONDER WOMAN #755

written by STEVE ORLANDO

art by JESUS MERINO and VICENTE CIFUENTES

cover by ROBSON ROCHA and DANNY MIKI

variant cover by IAN MacDONALD

“The Four Horsewomen” part one! Paula Von Gunther, a.k.a. Warmaster, has assembled her four horsewomen…and now she’s out for Wonder Woman’s blood! Plus, Diana is put on trial for the sins of the Amazons! Is it all just lies, or is there really a horrible secret the Amazons have kept from their own champion?
    ON SALE 04.08.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    _____

WONDER WOMAN #756

written by STEVE ORLANDO

art by JESUS MERINO and VICENTE CIFUENTES

cover by ROBSON ROCHA and DANNY MIKI

card stock variant cover by MIKEL JANÍN

With Wonder Woman down, the Four Horsewomen are victorious—and now they set their sights on the rest of the Amazons! Can anyone stop Warmaster from delivering ultimate vengeance upon Wonder Woman’s family?
    ON SALE 04.22.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    FC | DC
    _____

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK VOL. 3: THE WITCHING WAR TP

written by JAMES TYNION IV

art by ALVARO MARTÍNEZ BUENO,

FERNANDO BLANCO, and JAVI FERNANDEZ

cover by GUILLEM MARCH

The rules of magic have changed, and the Justice League Dark is ready to keep the peace in the magical world! But that peace will be shattered as Circe enters the scene. Circe has assembled the Floronic Man, Papa Midnite, Klarion the Witch Boy, and Solomon Grundy to tear the world of magic apart! Can Wonder Woman and her team find out what Circe is after, and stop her before it’s too late? Collects Justice League Dark #14-19.
    ON SALE 05.06.20
    $16.99 US | 144 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-77950-034-2
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-17-2020 at 11:15 AM.

I find the first bill for #750 to be strange. I thought they'd be big on selling that the book was written by some big names, but they put the newer names in front.

Super cool to see a Steve Trevor TP, probably 'cause of the movie. Anxious to see what his new history and place in Diana's history will be starting with #750.

Similarly, we get a Maxwell Lord TP 'cause of the movie.

Huge HC for Diana for $40, will probably grab that as well.

Dead Earth #3

Wonder Woman #755

Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-17-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Wonder Woman #756

Incredible Member

So it looks like the four horse women are Warmaster, Genocide, Devastation, and a female Armageddon (?), I'm guessing based on design and the ax. While I'm so happy to get more Wonder rogues and I LOVE Genocide and Deva's new designs, this feels a lot like the Bloodlines movie with different rogues. I hope Wondy can start saving the world again and not just the Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    So it looks like the four horse women are Warmaster, Genocide, Devastation, and a female Armageddon (?), I'm guessing based on design and the ax. While I'm so happy to get more Wonder rogues and I LOVE Genocide and Deva's new designs, this feels a lot like the Bloodlines movie with different rogues. I hope Wondy can start saving the world again and not just the Amazons.
    It does feel like she's stuck there ever since Wilson's run... Kinda getting annoying. But it sounds like with Maxima, Orlando's gonna have her leave Earth soon enough.

Also, please, enough with Diana getting beaten and saved by someone else. Holy crap....
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-17-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

While I'm stoked to see so many WW releases, the one I'm most looking forward to is the Messner-Loebs collection.

Odd that they changed the name from Wonder Woman by William Messner-Loebs Vol. 1, which would have fit with the other "By..." collections. Must have something to do with DC's new stance on trades with numbered spines not selling... *eyeroll*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm a bit meh about Genocide and Devastation (have no idea who Armageddon even is). But I guess at least someone's doing something with them?

I'm a little surprised they didn't throw the White Magician and the First Born in there too.

EDIT: Nevermind! I remember Armageddon. I don't think that's supposed to be a female version of him. Maybe a new villain?

I looked over the art situation for future solicits:

#85: Jan Duursema
    #86: Max Raynor
    #753: Max Raynor
    #754: V Ken Marion
    #755: Jesus Merino and Vicente Cifuentes
    #756: Jesus Merino and Vicente Cifuentes

Seems like they have replaced the unplanned chaos for art that was during Wilson's run with a planned chaos during Orlando's run… four different artists for six issues.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I suppose it was wishful thinking to assume DC would streamline her book with more efficiency post #750, but maybe they have plans to do that (for everyone) after 5G begins.

Makes me question how long Orlando will be on the main book, actually. Writing Diana, at least. I still hold the notion that Snyder is going to take Diana by the end of the year.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm a bit meh about Genocide and Devastation (have no idea who Armageddon even is). But I guess at least someone's doing something with them?

I'm a little surprised they didn't throw the White Magician and the First Born in there too.

EDIT: Nevermind! I remember Armageddon. I don't think that's supposed to be a female version of him. Maybe a new villain?

It is a new female version of Armageddon. Orlando confirmed it today on Twitter.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It is a new female version of Armageddon. Orlando confirmed it today on Twitter.
    The name "Armageddon" is certainly in good company with the likes of Warmaster, Genocide and Devastation

Can't say I'm thrilled to see the latter two back over some other choices, but I can't complain too much because it's refreshing to see an author want to make such deep cuts with their choices. And at least they are building up to an appearance from Gundra. Still would have preferred a revamped Mavis as part of Paula's entourage over Devastation or Genocide (...unless Mavis IS the new Armageddon o.0)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The name "Armageddon" is certainly in good company with the likes of Warmaster, Genocide and Devastation

Can't say I'm thrilled to see the latter two back over some other choices, but I can't complain too much because it's refreshing to see an author want to make such deep cuts with their choices. And at least they are building up to an appearance from Gundra. Still would have preferred a revamped Mavis as part of Paula's entourage over Devastation or Genocide (...unless Mavis IS the new Armageddon o.0)

I agree on Devastation and Genocide. Orlando is one of the few writers that actually doesn't make me want to cringe about them being brought back. I'm thrilled to see Paula and Armageddon though. I loved Armageddon appearance in Phil Jimenez's run on the book.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Who is Armageddon??? That looks like a female version of Doomsday.
    I know that "doomsday" is somewhat of a synonym of "doomsday, but was Doomsday called Armageddon in a DC story that I missed?