Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Who is Armageddon??? That looks like a female version of Doomsday.
    I know that "doomsday" is somewhat of a synonym of "doomsday, but was Doomsday called Armageddon in a DC story that I missed?
    He was originally one of Wonder Woman's Nazi villains from the Bronze Age. I remember the mask and ax. I personally didn't find him one of Wondy's more compelling or memorable villains, but the Armageddon name does go well with the Four Horsewomen theme. It seems they gender bent the villain. Personally, design-wise I like the gender-bend, but I wish the artists had kept both Armageddon and Genocide with no hair or shorter hair. The long, feminine almost glamourous hair doesn't go well with their monstrous designs.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Here's the original version of Armageddon:

For reasons that are still classified by the U.S. government, nothing is known about the background of the Nazi agent code-named Armageddon.

What is known is that he is a highly trained operative wearing a distinctive costume, with a cunning mind and a working knowledge of firearms and other weaponry. He first came to public attention during World War II, when he was assigned to infiltrate the United States and to steal a top-secret experimental biochemical formula, which was capable of turning human beings into hulking, berserker-type monsters that would be more effective in combat. It is presumed that the formula was a type of steroid, although again, this cannot be confirmed as all information regarding the case is still classified top secret.

Armageddon's plot to steal this formula was ultimately thwarted by Wonder Woman, and by Charles McNider, the original Dr. Mid-Nite. Armageddon himself managed to escape custody; his later activities and ultimate fate post-war are not known.

I wonder if Armageddon's transformation is due to the formula she stole in WWII?
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 01-18-2020 at 06:29 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

It looks like Orlando is putting the "evil Wonder Women" (minus Earth-3) on one team.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

While I've never been a big fan of Genocide, she looks much more threatening now than she did before.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

Regarding the Four Horsewomen (I'm not necessarily sold on the name, but I like the theme), I am looking forward to the revamp of this mixture of Golden Age and newer villains. I hope Orlando can inject some fun and serious thrills with this assemblage of villains.

My concern is that with two of the four being so overblown/overpowered historically (Devastation and Genocide), will this story end up being too extra to be a solid story. And then will WW just be beaten down ad nauseum.

Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Of all the releases for April, I'm most surprised by Steve Trevor.

Do you think that Armaggedon is using a strain of the Doomsday Virus, or is she empowered by the same sort of serum as Damage II (Ethan Avery) ?