Extraordinary Member

Default Today is Betty White's 98th Birthday

Celebrate by saying something nice about her or name your favorite role or character or guest appearance she's ever done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_White

I love so many things Betty has done - from Sue Ann Nivens on Mary Tyler Moore to Rose Nylund on The Golden Girls.

But one of my favorite things she's done is that Super Bowl Snickers commercial. When she says "that's not what your girlfriend says", I almost fell off the couch.

I loved Betty White's appearances on Match Game in the 1970s. In fact, they once had a contestant named Betty White on the same week that Betty White was a panelist. Gene Rayburn and Richard Dawson got a lot of mileage out that situation.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Happy birthday to Betty! Makes me wonder what sort of world we're going to leave her.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yay to Betty!

(We have a family friend who lived to be 100.)

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I loved it when she hosted SNL at the age of 88, and appeared in every single sketch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I loved Betty White's appearances on Match Game in the 1970s. In fact, they once had a contestant named Betty White on the same week that Betty White was a panelist. Gene Rayburn and Richard Dawson got a lot of mileage out that situation.
    Match Game was our favorite game show when I was growing up. And I loved it when Betty would be on. I've never seen the ones with the BW contestant but I watch some of the reruns on The Game Show Network so I'll keep an eye out for them. Ah, the days of Gene Rayburn, Richard Dawson, Betty White, Charles Nelson Riley, Brett Summers, and Fannie Flagg. Great memories.

Happy Birthday. Not that I think she'll ever see this but I loved her on the Mary Tyler Moore show and the Golden Girls.

We all need to start improving the planet so she has a better world to live in after we're all gone.
    Power with Girl is better.

She'll out live us all, and make great comedy doing so.

She's like that dirty, but funny relative everyone likes.

Happy Birthday Ms. White .