Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 645
  1. #436
    Incredible Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    916

    Default

    non wolvie sidekicks are doomed to failure, this book will dip under the cancelation line faster than piano in an cartoon

  2. #437
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,723

    Default

    Or we can support the titles that DO have the New Mutants, Generation X, and New X-Men and not constantly trash the title we know little to nothing about. Just a thought.

  3. #438
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    47°9′S 126°43′W
    Posts
    11,350

    Default

    Still hoping they turn out to be Chimeras. Otherwise not interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  4. #439
    Incredible Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Or we can support the titles that DO have the New Mutants, Generation X, and New X-Men and not constantly trash the title we know little to nothing about. Just a thought.
    the first two have a level of security and i am supporting, but the new x-men dont and they deserve a rebirth to their team.
    and yeah we know nothing besides the very core idea and concept of the book, and find it a redudant waste of papper and space.

  5. #440
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Still hoping they turn out to be Chimeras. Otherwise not interested.
    I think only one or two might be. The guy who takes after Archangel seems most likely to be the kid he bonded with in X-Factor after having grown up some. But when you have 5 cast members, you don't need to have the same background for all of them.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  6. #441
    Fantastic Member scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the first two have a level of security and i am supporting, but the new x-men dont and they deserve a rebirth to their team.
    and yeah we know nothing besides the very core idea and concept of the book, and find it a redudant waste of papper and space.
    We can also make some educated guesses on what's going to happen based on released information and things that have been released in the past.
    Also just supporting the book won't guarantee the support goes to what one intends to support.

  7. #442
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the first two have a level of secutiry, new x-men dont and they deserve a rebirth to their team.
    and yeah we know nothing besides the very core idea and concept of the book, and find it a redudant waste of papper and space.
    I agree w/ New Mutants but I think Generation X and New X-Men have about the same level of representation in comics rn.

    Generation X:
    Jubilee
    Synch (X-Men #5)
    Chamber
    Mondo
    Husk


    New X-Men:
    Prodigy
    X-23
    Elixir
    Dust
    Bling!

  8. #443
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    47°9′S 126°43′W
    Posts
    11,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think only one or two might be. The guy who takes after Archangel seems most likely to be the kid he bonded with in X-Factor after having grown up some. But when you have 5 cast members, you don't need to have the same background for all of them.
    Detective Charlotte Jones' son, Timmy?

    That would be an interesting deep dive into obscure and forgotten characters who once had close connections to the X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  9. #444

    Default

    they can create as new many characters as the like, as long as they are good characters. it would be pointless to put a number limit on it. but this crop all appear to be lite versions of existing characters. that's not very creative. it definitely doesn't scream staying power. the books could definitely use less of this.

  10. #445
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I believe they are chimeras
    Cyclops + Emma
    Jean + Beast
    Nightcrawler + Sunfire or Vulcan
    Gambit + Storm or Bishop
    Angel + Bishop or Storm

  11. #446
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Using the Bishop and Storm X-Genes just because they're black would be a bit mmm problematic, at least? Since they're not displaying any of their powers on that cover

  12. #447
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    (I mean, Chimeras have multiple X-Genes and Storm's mutation is responsible for her white hair, so she would display it I think)

  13. #448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Using the Bishop and Storm X-Genes just because they're black would be a bit mmm problematic, at least? Since they're not displaying any of their powers on that cover
    that would be hard to prove in Bishop's case. he absorbs energy. this "chimera" (if that's what we're looking at) could be charging those cards with absorbed energy.

  14. #449
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    (I mean, Chimeras have multiple X-Genes and Storm's mutation is responsible for her white hair, so she would display it I think)
    Its not. Storm's white hair is independent of her X-gene

  15. #450
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not. Storm's white hair is independent of her X-gene
    Oh I remembered it was her mutation, but now I'm remembering that she had white haired ancestors too. Sorry my mistake.

    Still, outside of physical mutation, somatic features shouldn't be reflect in Chimeras.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •