Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

The market cant support all the X-titles that have been proposed. Most of these will be like Fallen Angels; tell their stories and move the characters over to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Not a surprise. I am sure that Cable and Hellions are secretly a limited series too.
    Probably true, but it really pisses me off about Cable. Talk about a mismanaged character who has a lot more potential...

Honestly they should’ve just sent Kid Cable back to the future and left him dead in the present day rather than replace him with a less entertaining version of Quentin Quire, which is who Kid Cable looks like to me (minus the pink hair).
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-25-2020 at 08:10 AM.

I'll still be picking it up. In Vita I trust.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm glad the Moira book is still on. That's the one book I'm most excited to read, now.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    I'm still reserving judgment until it hits, because it seems such a nebulous title where I'm sure I won't know how I feel until I actually have that book in my hands, BUT

I'm so sick of reading the Gen Z pitch line. Not because I'm not interested in Zoomer mutants (opposite!) but because it so blatantly and unashamedly undermines the typical excuse of not building on the 'old' School Age characters. Editorial refuses to age them up because they need a body of school age kids? Fine, I don't hate this half as much as other posters on here do. We then get a book, specifically concerning the generational crisis of this age group and those characters are excluded from it. Like I'm no Eye-Boy fan, but what is he if not Generation Z? Why age down characters to keep them school age and then never utilise them? One of my favourite things that Hickman said was not inventing new characters if they weren't necessary and that made me so excited about the whole new epoch but I'm tired man. I'm just so tired.

And, you know, I'm sure there's a potential turnaround or some unique hook that makes this book and its characters worthwhile. It's just the messaging that grates, and even feels a tad... spiteful? But Strain's Gen X had a similar problem ('We chose this cast to focus on the kids who aren't in constant use', despite the fact the supposed big names had been absent for nearly a decade) and I turned around on that eventually. I'm just bleh and venting and trying to be mad at stuff not related to people's personal hygiene.

Sorry guys I'll go back to my New X-Men Complete Collections now
    Ha! Dude I was so thinking that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Generation X becoming Zoomers as a side effect of sliding timescale is a concept.
    Whoa...
    https://giphy.com/amp/explore/mind-b...t GIF on GIPHY
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Not a surprise. I am sure that Cable and Hellions are secretly a limited series too.
    Nooo not Hellions!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The market cant support all the X-titles that have been proposed. Most of these will be like Fallen Angels; tell their stories and move the characters over to something else.
    I hope not
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Probably true, but it really pisses me off about Cable. Talk about a mismanaged character who has a lot more potential...

Honestly they should’ve just sent Kid Cable back to the future and left him dead in the present day rather than replace him with a less entertaining version of Quentin Quire, which is who Kid Cable looks like to me (minus the pink hair).
    I meeean the man you were born not once but twice to destroy is having tea with your psuedo grandfather...what else is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm glad the Moira book is still on. That's the one book I'm most excited to read, now.
    Zitto!
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bleeding Cool rumor so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently children of the atom is now a limited series: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ra-mactaggert/
    So that's not the vault team... I'm going to have to wait 3 years, and have all hype and intrest in them die arent I. Sad about COA. Hope it comes out eventually

Fantastic Member

I hope they just decide not to even release COTA

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I hope they just decide not to even release COTA
    Not happening. Besides you can choose not to read it

Vita's been so involved all the public discussions of this era and it'd be really rly shitty for them to be ousted from the books after a limited run. I hope that if this only gets a couple issues they move them to a different project , they seem really invested as a creator and I respect the hell outta that

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Vita's been so involved all the public discussions of this era and it'd be really rly shitty for them to be ousted from the books after a limited run. I hope that if this only gets a couple issues they move them to a different project , they seem really invested as a creator and I respect the hell outta that
    I totally agree. I feel like there have been rumors of Vita writing an X-title since the beginning of this era. Maybe they can take over or co-write New Mutants, because nothing revolutionary is happening in that book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Like Leah, Vita has been one of the main folks fighting for characters to be used.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I totally agree. I feel like there have been rumors of Vita writing an X-title since the beginning of this era. Maybe they can take over or co-write New Mutants, because nothing revolutionary is happening in that book.
    This seems doable get on New Mutants but the concept of this book is a turn off

BANNED

I'm still mad Vita isn't on a real book. I can't stand "legacy characters" and I wish the big two weren't so dependent on duplicating characters.

There are an infinite combination of used and unused characters. Have Magik and Jean Grey been on the same team ever? What about Angel and Surge?

We don't need a book about characters based on other characters and I doubt many people asked for such a thing. Just make a new X-team using a mix of pop characters and rarely-used that aren't just duplicate powersets. That's what works and exposes people to rarely-used.

Put Vita on a real X-Men book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'm still mad Vita isn't on a real book. I can't stand "legacy characters" and I wish the big two weren't so dependent on duplicating characters.

There are an infinite combination of used and unused characters. Have Magik and Jean Grey been on the same team ever? What about Angel and Surge?

We don't need a book about characters based on other characters and I doubt many people asked for such a thing. Just make a new X-team using a mix of pop characters and rarely-used that aren't just duplicate powersets. That's what works and exposes people to rarely-used.

Put Vita on a real X-Men book.
    They were in Extraordinary X-men

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They were in Extraordinary X-men

That wasnt the "real" Jean. Though that art is amazing all except the stupid oversized soulsword that everybody wants to act like is ok