Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    This seems doable get on New Mutants but the concept of this book is a turn off
    Being "revolutionary" is probably one of the worse things that could happen to a (see Gen X) title unless you have a Claremont,Wolfman or Pérez around and none of the people being mentioned here are a Claremont,Wolfman or Pérez.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I have a bad feeling at the 'children' in the name of this. Pls no babies.
    I'm already getting future kids vibes from some of these "new" characters
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'm still mad Vita isn't on a real book. I can't stand "legacy characters" and I wish the big two weren't so dependent on duplicating characters.

There are an infinite combination of used and unused characters. Have Magik and Jean Grey been on the same team ever? What about Angel and Surge?

We don't need a book about characters based on other characters and I doubt many people asked for such a thing. Just make a new X-team using a mix of pop characters and rarely-used that aren't just duplicate powersets. That's what works and exposes people to rarely-used.

Put Vita on a real X-Men book.

This^

I already find summer/grey kids slightly annoying. Now they're adding Gambit descendants. Meanwhile new characters only get pushed for a certain amount of time before getting relegated to the background.

Spectacular Member

Insulting the creator's work as inauthentic before it even comes out

Comic book readers and gamers have to be the two worst consumer audiences out there

I think the concept of characters who want to keep the "X-Men legacy" outside of Krakoa as a classic superhero team fighting discrimination is very interesting and one that probably couldn't be done with already created mutants since they have diplomatic immunity.

It's obvious that the character designs are mostly from oppressed groups and the idea of the plot being "The X-Men are their heroes because they fight oppression and they want to emulate them by fighting their own oppressions" is the kind of story perfect for Vita Ayala.

Mighty Member

This is a book designed to use established character designs to replace more of our favorites in future mcu movies. I'm never gonna support this series no matter what is in the book

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    This is a book designed to use established character designs to replace more of our favorites in future mcu movies. I'm never gonna support this series no matter what is in the book
    That’s a pretty big leap to make. The MCU has stuck with a lot of classic interpretations. Captain Marvel is kind of an exception but Carol had been active in the comics for decades and the original was long dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post

They're just trying to get younger readers into X-men. Aside from gambit all of the OG have had good adaptations. I like it when X-movies keep using new characters rather than recycling the same ones.

Do we really need another Phoenix live action adaptation or first class?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    They're just trying to get younger readers into X-men. Aside from gambit all of the OG have had good adaptations. I like it when X-movies keep using new characters rather than recycling the same ones.

Do we really need another Phoenix live action adaptation or first class?
    Maybe they can actually try to make a Phoenix storyline primarily about Jean for once.....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Maybe they can actually try to make a Phoenix storyline primarily about Jean for once.....
    Last Stand was centered around Jean. Instead of trying to make fetch happen they could adapt other iconic X-stories like God loves man kills or Riot at Xavier's.

65 pages...?

Last Stand was centered around Jean. Instead of trying to make fetch happen they could adapt other iconic X-stories like God loves man kills or Riot at Xavier's.
    God Loves Man Kills was the inspiration for X2.

And if Last Stand was centered around Jean in any way it was as a plot device rather than as a character. The worst way to do it, IMO. She should have more screen time than any other character in her own story - not a hard concept for anyone not involved in making a Fox movie.
    Dark does not mean deep.

All-New Member

X2 was based on God Loves Man Kills, the villain was William Stryker.

So do we actually have an explanation for these kids yet or are we all still just speculating? And is it true that its being revived from comic book cancellation limbo?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    So do we actually have an explanation for these kids yet or are we all still just speculating? And is it true that its being revived from comic book cancellation limbo?
    Most of the complaints seem to be hatewank headcanon.
    Dark does not mean deep.