Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    It'd be cool if Sunch and skin were in a reg book.+ This already needs more minorities lol
    They could have been used for mentoring this new group, but I think that they'll get the X-Men on the cover as mentors.

I don't know if I like them to have the exact same powers as the grown ups (it looks like that) and the Chimeras explanation doesn't sound good to me (they're supposed to be fans, not experiments).

Buut if they were Chimeras, whom do you think they mixed to make them?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Bendis wasn’t setting up a world or even changing the entire status quo with the O5. He introduced a concept that not only had a limited run, but set an endgame almost immediately. They had to go back. We got story after story about different people reacting to them, then story after story of how they can’t go back. Powers of X set to basically show the audience, future marvel writers, editors why the X-Men were essentially broken as a concept and kept running into the same walls and pitfalls. The sheer scope of the storytelling while simultaneously building up a brand new world for all mutant characters ensured a very wide array of stories. It wasn’t as simple as bringing 5 mutants back from the past or putting a bunch of X-Men on a reserve, but literally breaking down the core concept of the X-Men and making something that can really last.

If Hickman said you don’t have to pick up these titles, then he’s probably learned from when he was working under the Avengers office. There is a direction for all these books and it’s been said multiple times, it’s to help build up the world of Krakoa. As for an endgame, why is that such a focal point? The whole point of HOXPOX was to not hold onto those cynical views of “when’s everything gonna crash and burn?” so we can actually unclench and just enjoy the stories being given to us. Also, all Cates stories bleed into each other because he’s writing everything and those titles keep ending so there’s really no choice.
    Those books keep ending, but the story he was telling kept going is all I'm emphasizing.

Don't even know why you posted that, when everything Hickman himself is writing is clearly hinting at a massive endgame climax before he leaves. All the high sci-fi concepts, the Orchid threads left unanswered in HoX/PoX (including the sentinels), Destiny's obvious eventual resurrection, potential international conflict hinted at in X-Men #4, Wakanda and Latveria simply existing as Krakoa does with their bring no acceptance between them, etc. Too many seeds have been sown, in just 4 months, to say that there's nothing horrible on the horizon. This is Hickman we're talking about; everything is going far too well, far too early.

Regardless I'll just repost this here, so that you see that I'm not all about knowing the endgame right now nor am I against worldbuilding with spinoff/ancillary titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    A song of fire and ice is an individual series, not a comic book line first of all.
    Second, krakoa is not a plot line, it's the new status quo and worldbuilding/setting for all mutants and the x-side of the marvel universe.
    You are basicaly comparing apples and oranges here
    And third, on a proper and vibrant universe, stories can exist just to be told?
    kwannon and some mutants that dont feel comfortable in krakoa is a perfectly fine story to be told ? its a piece of the marvel universe, not just pieces for his own story and if it was krakoa would suck because it would be aparent that it was just one writers pet project, krakoa goes beyond that and thats what makes it fun and interesting, is that even the editorial is invested in it.
    You're doing this on purpose...

1) ASOIAF is a single novel line composed of many POVs, each of which is its own plotline that runs parallel with the plotlines of others, and will ultimately tie into each other for the climax. Jamie, Arya, Sansa, Jon, Cersei, Tyrion, Stannis, Arianna, Theon/Reek, Euron, Dany, and Bran all have their own plotlines separate from the others that will eventually converge, just like how all these different comics are separate plotlines that will eventually converge for an event. All these characters that are being focused on were chosen for a reason and should be major players down the line. At least it's safe to assume so, because why else develope them over others? If there is no direction, then there should be even more books with more creators doing whatever they want in this sandbox.

2) Krakoa is the new status quo, yes, and worldbuilding is very important, but it's always better to cement definite foundations first and then branch off. Having 6-7 ongoing books that serve as the back bones. X-Men can't even get it's schedule correct after 3 issues, yet they're announcing book after book.

3) Yes stories can be told, but Hickman is here to tell a grand story. That's why he shaped a new status quo so that he can play without worrying about the stories of those that came before him. Establish a first act first (HoX/PoX was the prologue), then build. Miniseries and/or more ancillary ongoings after 1-2 volume worth of storytelling and worldbuilding with those backbone books. Now that you've allowed the first wave time to breathe, and gauged the temperature in the room, then experiment. However now you've got a definitive direction and collection of tones. Have 3 books branch out of X-Factor and/or 4 books branch out of X-Force. Maybe the Wolverine solo is the result of the fallout of a decision made within X-Force? Maybe an X-kids book is to follow up on a side character helped out in X-Factor? Organic storytelling like that, rather than random stories be told, just cuz. That's how you get people to branch out and buy 12+ books; by establishing a foundation, and building off that. ASOIAF didn't start with 20 POVs, but built to that point.

That way, people can tell their own stories in that sandbox, but it's clear where those stories are coming ftom, and where they fit in the world. They don't have to tie directly into the grand plot, but they are consequences of the main plot. It makes everything come off as organized and planned, rather than done just cuz someone was like "that's cool"; like the random Spider-Man and the X-Men book that did nothing for either franchise.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    this book in particular is either a new generation of mutants or the introduction of Chimeras; its not 100% clear at this point. Both have important implications for Krakoa.
    It'd be particularly clever if the answer was D) all of the above, and *some* of the 'new kids' were cosplaying fen, and others were chimeras, etc. and the book was exploring multiple subjects related to Krakoa at the same time.

Ayala added. "What makes the new cast special to me is that they are reflective of a lot of people I know who look up to what the X-Men stand for, and have taken it upon themselves to further those ideals.

What I take away from this is that the creative team based this new characters on people they know. And of course there going to look up to the x-men

I love that Hickman and the team are making different and varied books for the different types of fans.

And remember! In terms of in-story, no matter how bizarre or radical this concept may be, I think that's the point. Krakoa is creating their own culture. Just like how other real life cultures are very different from each other, including different practices and ideologies, the X-Office is attempting to make the current mutant world much different than how "normal" or "conventional" society actually is. I mean, they wash their dishes with Krakoa goo.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Who's Vita?
    Vita Ayala. The writer of Children of the Atom, an up and coming writer. They're pansexual, non-binary, hence the they/them pronouns Tycon spoke of.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Ayala added. "What makes the new cast special to me is that they are reflective of a lot of people I know who look up to what the X-Men stand for, and have taken it upon themselves to further those ideals.

What I take away from this is that the creative team based this new characters on people they know. And of course there going to look up to the x-men
    That doesn't make much sense to me, because HoXPoX was all about that the X-men were wrong and were doomed to failure. What they stood for is a lie and a failure. So if they were fans of what they were before Krakoa, I'm surprised they would jump onto Krakoa boat so quickly.

That doesn't make much sense to me, because HoXPoX was all about that the X-men were wrong and were doomed to failure. What they stood for is a lie and a failure. So if they were fans of what they were before Krakoa, I'm surprised they would jump onto Krakoa boat so quickly.
    171215_3636860_This_is_the_Real_Reason_NeNe_Leakes_is_So_Up.jpg

I was a fan of what they stood for and what they stand for now, what do you mean?

The fact they are doomed to failure is a plot of the story and it makes the stakes higher. What does that have to do with the X-Men message.

Ultimate Member

Doomed to failure is the story of our lives. Cause, spoiler alert, we die at the end.

Doesn't make the struggle less worthy (or compelling to read about) just because it all ends in tears.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Incorrect, the goal remains the same but the method of achieving it has changed. The goal behind Krakoa is simple protect, mutant-kind from human aggression and prevent the rise of the sentinels as a world dominating power. Nothing about that goal is mutually exclusive with peaceful coexistence or protecting the world.

I'm sure there are people in Krakoa who have no interest in peaceful coexistence but that doesn't mean that everyone in Krakoa has no interest in it. Assuming otherwise is like assuming that everyone in the UK must be in favor of Brexit because some are or assuming that everyone in the USA is in favor of building a wall on the Mexican border.

"mcu friendly" anything makes me barf.
    My thoughts exactly

krakoa is bigger than just one storyline, its pretty much a new concept, a setting, ripling with potential that shouldnt be just used for one writers "saga".
    Period.

Don't nobody wanna keep re-reading rehashed stories.

Keep the Krakoa movement going and evolving...period AGAIN.

It's almost like people jump on the next trend without really think seriously about it

BANNED

none of what you just said is common knowledge to the mutants in universe, only moira and her 2 sugar babies know that, for everyone else krakoa is an enourmous victory for the x-men and mutant kind, they were fans growing up and now they live in krakoa. your entire statement makes 0 sense since the mutants of the mu dont know what we know

I fully admit that my statement was my opinion and what's going on is up for interpretation. to me it feels like they gave up and abandoned their ideals. If you don't agree and think they're just changing some things or finally succeeding, that's fine.