Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Well we do not like pretenders. I hope they're mutants or Chimeras and not humans.
    Or, in the case of Tommy and Wendy, they could have been mutants who hadn't manifested their powers back when we last saw them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This would be incredibly interesting. If these characters are indeed connected to the X-Men in some way, I'm good with them being human or mutant.

If this is the case, you and I know there will be malfunctions and issues and maybe even these people putting themselves in great danger thinking they're like the X-Men, then have to get saved by the mutants. Could make for some fun storytelling.
    And keeping in mind...if they're able to to invent teleportation or flying tech (which have already been invented by Wakandans) they wouldn't really be "normal" regular humans to begin with.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And keeping in mind...if they're able to to invent teleportation or flying tech (which have already been invented by Wakandans) they wouldn't really be "normal" regular humans to begin with.
    They are rich , super intelligent or someone is funding them with super technology.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    They are rich , super intelligent or someone is funding them with super technology.
    Serval Industries

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Or, in the case of Tommy and Wendy, they could have been mutants who hadn't manifested their powers back when we last saw them.
    This too is juicy!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Right! Homo Technos
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Maybe they’re using the “New Warrior” tech Night Thrasher (2) used on the depowered mutants like Jubilee and Beak, etc.

Speaking of which, I’d be more excited if we don’t have both “Strange Academy” with Magik, and “New Warriors” with Firestar training a new generation of heroes as well. I understand “Champions” may be doing the same. That’s far too many students at the same time. Makes me wonder if their goal is some rival “power school” story That can be used for the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Maybe they’re using the “New Warrior” tech Night Thrasher (2) used on the depowered mutants like Jubilee and Beak, etc.
    Please Satan I hope not
    GrindrStone(D)

FB_IMG_1579526603892.jpg

New cover art

ewwww. peach colored "nightcrawler"

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This new cover art got me worried this'll be about Flatscan Kids deep diving into a fad
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    This new cover art got me worried this'll be about Flatscan Kids deep diving into a fad
    Same... I hope it's not true. The Nightcrawler guy has got 3 fingers so maybe that indicates he's mutant. All of these mutations could be tech based tho, maybe the TK could be the only tricky one.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Okay cool, 2/5! To the Cyclops back issue bins I go!!!
    In keeping with the established plotlines of humans worshipping mutants and drug usage, I really hope it's Penny Newsom.

My prediction is on human fans of the X-Men who volunteer to have X-genes spliced into their genome, similar to how Sinister turned himself into a mutant by altering his own DNA.
    Last edited by Starfish; 01-20-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I like the Chang cover better than the Silva ones, the kids actually look like kids now and it's nice that they appear to be a diverse group. Still dislike pretty much everything about the concept though, which is disappointing because I was looking forward to Vita's book. The first issue is going to have to be spectacular to get me to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I like the Chang cover better than the Silva ones, the kids actually look like kids now and it's nice that they appear to be a diverse group. Still dislike pretty much everything about the concept though, which is disappointing because I was looking forward to Vita's book. The first issue is going to have to be spectacular to get me to care.
    Same. Kinda upset that Vita got stuck with this sidekick concept/pitch.