Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    BANNED

the article mentions how they grew up looking up to the x-men with posters on the wall, how does growing up normally lead to being the first chimeras? a project we know will only happen with krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the article mentions how they grew up looking up to the x-men with posters on the wall, how does growing up normally lead to being the first chimeras? a project we know will only happen with krakoa.
    Okay still doesn’t say cosplay

Mighty Member

Maybe they meant that was their inspiration? In the book it'd be young Krakoans who are fans of theirs? What they said could match up with the new heroes maybe being humans, but the title seems to imply they'd have the X gene.

Also, isn't she writing Storm? I guess the "parents" of these sidekicks would also be guest starring? And Rogue and Gambit would be fine with his chimera having another woman's DNA? Is that Storm if Vita is writing her? Maybe that's a sign they are not?

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    "The initial seed of the idea actually came from [editor] Chris Robinson: What if the X-Men had sidekicks?” explains Ayala. “MY take on it became, what would actual kids from our current time be like if they were X-Men sidekicks? What would Gen Z X-Men be like?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-of-the-atom-1

This is a new generation of teenage super heroes.

here is the thread for it

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-X-Factor-2020
    thank you so much, I guess i'm blind
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

the cosplay is on the cover + the fanboy attitude stated in the article

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Chimeras aren't daughters of two or more people. And she wouldn't be the same
    Of course she wouldn't be the same; I'm saying she could be an actual compelling character.

As for her parentage: Cyclops + Frost + Sebastian Shaw + Bishop. I think that would work.

he was dealing with a simple cookiecutter superhero teams, here he is dealing with basicaly its own mini universe, that can branch into hundreds of possibilities, no point in comparing 2 concepts that cant compete in complexity and depth.
    Didn't know the Illuminati was a simple cookie cutter team, but whatever. I guess Doom doesn't matter either.

Sarcasm aside, there was still a focus. We don't know how much of these are Hickman's ideas or how all these factor into his grand plot. I find it ridiculous that Hickman is going to have us to need to have read 20+ books (all with varying tones and characterizations) to understand his grand theme. Honestly, just because it's X-Men doesn't mean we need this many books, including a book introducing more young mutants.

Only books needed are:
    - X-Men (as a bi-weekly with 2-3 artists): a revolving cast, with Magneto, Xavier, Storm, Apocalypse and Cyclops as the constants

- X-Force: set cast, but I'd personally have Wolverine be the main guy on this book, have this be is 24hr job, so that he doesn't get an unnecessary solo (unless for 4-6 issue mini-series)

- X-Factor: This is the local team, so we see the situations with the layman mutants. This team would feature the most prominent of the NXM/Five Lights casts as they try to find their place in Krakoa, knowing that they'll never be X-Men, but still doing what their teachers can't.

- X-Calibur: magic stuff; cast is fine.

- Muraders: black market and criminal underworld stuff, but with a cast that makes sense

- New Mutants can stay as the space book

Establish those 6 books for at least 12-20 issues each, before vomiting mini-series like no tomorrow. Establish themes and central, overarching plot threads that can be felt in all six books. Hickman should also have a writing credit on all of the books, even the ones he's not writing, just so that all the continuity, characterization, worldbuilding, and themes coincide with each other.

I’ll wait for the book to judge, but I do agree we have too many layers of students. New Mutants, Generation X, New X-Men... The first two groups are all adults now, and the New X-Men generation has a crap ton of students, some of them adults now. Not to mention the newer ones introduced in WatX and beyond...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Of course she wouldn't be the same; I'm saying she could be an actual compelling character.

As for her parentage: Cyclops + Frost + Sebastian Shaw + Bishop. I think that would work.

Didn't know the Illuminati was a simple cookie cutter team, but whatever. I guess Doom doesn't matter either.

Sarcasm aside, there was still a focus. We don't know how much of these are Hickman's ideas or how all these factor into his grand plot. I find it ridiculous that Hickman is going to have us to need to have read 20+ books (all with varying tones and characterizations) to understand his grand theme. Honestly, just because it's X-Men doesn't mean we need this many books, including a book introducing more young mutants.

Only books needed are:
    - X-Men (as a bi-weekly with 2-3 artists): a revolving cast, with Magneto, Xavier, Storm, Apocalypse and Cyclops as the constants

- X-Force: set cast, but I'd personally have Wolverine be the main guy on this book, have this be is 24hr job, so that he doesn't get an unnecessary solo (unless for 4-6 issue mini-series)

- X-Factor: This is the local team, so we see the situations with the layman mutants. This team would feature the most prominent of the NXM/Five Lights casts as they try to find their place in Krakoa, knowing that they'll never be X-Men, but still doing what their teachers can't.

- Muraders: black market and criminal underworld stuff, but with a cast that makes sense

Establish those 6 books for at least 12-20 issues each, before vomiting mini-series like no tomorrow. Establish themes and central, overarching plot threads that can be felt in all six books. Hickman should also have a writing credit on all of the books, even the ones he's not writing, just so that all the continuity, characterization, worldbuilding, and themes coincide with each other.
    you understand that if all this worldbuilding was just for one crazy plot line it would immediatly fall flat since it was all just for an epic "arc", worldbuilding can and should exist for its own sake, continuity is will be always present on the fact all books are in krakoa, an each will interact with its elements difrently, sharing the same space.

you are basicaly wanting hickman to treat krakoa as his personal kingdom and not an sandbox where other writers can play in and create their stuff with some notes of what everyone else is doing
    and he stated on twitter you only need to read what you want, if you dont like a book just drop it.

Why does there need to be some overarching... arc? HOXPOX set the stage for the new status quo. Hickman isn’t gearing up to something, it’s supposed to be the new normal. Having expectations that weren’t promised doesn’t usually end well.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post

Only books needed are:

https://twitter.com/jhickman/status/...673201664?s=21
    https://twitter.com/jhickman/status/...793923590?s=21

BANNED

krakoa is bigger than just one storyline, its pretty much a new concept, a setting, ripling with potential that shouldnt be just used for one writers "saga".

Chang's art alone is enough for me to get this but I'm definitely willong to give Vita and these new whatever they are a chance.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Mighty Member

you understand that if all this worldbuilding was just for one crazy plot line it would immediatly fall flat since it was all just for an epic "arc", worldbuilding can and should exist for its own sake, continuity is will be always present on the fact all books are in krakoa, an each will interact with its elements difrently, sharing the same space.

you are basicaly wanting hickman to treat krakoa as his personal kingdom and not an sandbox where other writers can play in and create their stuff with some notes of what everyone else is doing
    and he stated on twitter you only need to read what you want, if you dont like a book just drop it.
    And instantly after he said: but they're all interconnected. Everything people say before they say "but" is a lie. I don't think overloading the market is his fault though.

If it was me, I'd do this:

-XMEN (BIMONTHLY): Xavier, Magneto, Jean, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Emma, Apocalypse, Moira, Bishop *They only appear in this book as MAIN players. Except Logan!*
    -XFORCE
    -XFACTOR
    -HELLFIRE (MARAUDERS + XCORPS)
    -GIANT SIZED (Individual Stories, focus on diff characters constantly)
    -RANDOM MONTHLY MiniBook (Like the Fantastic4 one, or Excalibur or Gen X or Morlocks)
    -NEW MUTANTS (with original mutants, take Brisson and Glob out)
    -MINI SERIES BOOK: Have this book have a rotating cast every 4-6 issues.
    -WOLVERINE: CUZ DUH*

After a year, introduce CHILDREN OF THE ATOM. NEW XMEN Characters would get absorbed into teams above.

That's 10 books a month. Keeps them max of 3 books a week and min 2 books a week.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 01-17-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    *NOTE: Vita’s pronouns are they/them. So use those when you refer to them.
    Who's Vita?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

everything is conected because there is a strong sense of coordination and everyone shares the same space so big changes to the island will be felt like xaviers death? the two statements dont contradict one another? like what?
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-17-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Mighty Member

everything is conected because there is a strong sense of coordination and everyone shares the same space so big changes to the island will be felt like xaviers death? the two statements dont contradict one another? like what?
    Yes, they do. I only buy X comics, and I like to know all about everything X-related. I'm still buying FALLEN ANGELS and I don't even like it. I just need to know even if it's mediocre.