Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1094

Man further delays are disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not really. Sometimes you have to look at what else might be coming out not just from your competition but your own company and decided to change things.

Especially if you hear about order numbers for books.

Future Slate and Milestone in January and Black Panther returning the following month. If you think those books would hurt sales-you hold back. Especially since a new Wonder Woman character who is getting a tv show will be appearing in it.

Also some of those books come with higher prices-meaning some folks will have to make a choice COA or Future Slate Batman. Batman will win that battle no matter what.

Also your writer of COA is also doing stories in Future Slate in those Batman books. IF someone likes Vita's work there and want some more of their work-how much better than a first issue of COA to piggy back on Vita's Black Mask Devil's Dye that is getting a new trade printing.

Now the downside to that is-we don't know what DC has planned in March. So another delay could be possible.
    The fact that it doesnt seem to matter when it comes out, implies to me that it wont matter to the continuity of the other books or impact the X-line much at all. I dont expect anything major here at all and it seems its a bit removed from things

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Not really future slate is doing the same consept. So any new book will get overlooked because of it. Also I might tie in to stuff planned for books that were already but passed back father then expected. Diamonds handling of covid was atrocious, rember for a few months all work on books were stoped, and alot was re written to buy time to get everything set up. If I had to guess work on issue 2 was fished, work stoped, other projects took priority and the delay is due because issues 3+ aren't finished and needed massive rewrites. Vita is taking over new mutant and that pluss future state (possibly leading to her doing a batgirls book) takes priority over cota, eithe that or its like eternals and they want the trade to come out at a later date
    One thing has nothing to do with another. People who buy DC future state are mostly DC fans and not x-men fans.

Marvel delaying COTA again just put the book on a harder place, it makes people think that they doesn't have faith on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The fact that it doesnt seem to matter when it comes out, implies to me that it wont matter to the continuity of the other books or impact the X-line much at all. I dont expect anything major here at all and it seems its a bit removed from things
    I don't think people eve thought it would be important, not it makes even easier to skip it
    Last edited by baxer; 12-04-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Side note; alot of other marvel books are skipping February and January. Wonder if its printer problems

BANNED

Side note; alot of other marvel books are skipping February and January. Wonder if its printer problems
    I was thinking aout this...Covid on the raise so printing may be in limited capacity

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I was thinking aout this...Covid on the raise so printing may be in limited capacity
    Dimond handled it badly. DC was smart and when to midtown/Luna. Dimond held 4 months of comics back causing every storyline to be re written. The downsides of x of swords/pacing was a result of it serving the dule purpose of stalling for the rest of the x books to get ready. I would be surprised if cota was passed back to reduce the load on printing. The x books coming out during Jan Feb (especially legends) have a lot of variant covers

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm still convinced theres some kind of twist with these guys. I get the vibe there's more to this than "The Young Avengers, but with the X-Men"

Extraordinary Member

Isn’t the twist suppose to be Forge?

BANNED

Dimond handled it badly. DC was smart and when to midtown/Luna. Dimond held 4 months of comics back causing every storyline to be re written. The downsides of x of swords/pacing was a result of it serving the dule purpose of stalling for the rest of the x books to get ready. I would be surprised if cota was passed back to reduce the load on printing. The x books coming out during Jan Feb (especially legends) have a lot of variant covers
    DC will have less comics in february and january. They have been printing less comics ultimately and DC got dropped by one of the news distributors. And I have seen osme people complaining about Dc comics being late too

The idea of the 'twist' was basically the only selling point or interesting thing about this series. Most likely everyone would drop it after the first issue. It had to be a hell of a twist and not just another squad of kids.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The idea of the 'twist' was basically the only selling point or interesting thing about this series. Most likely everyone would drop it after the first issue. It had to be a hell of a twist and not just another squad of kids.
    Did the writer ever dropped any hint that they had a big twist planned for the book? To me it seems to have been only presented as "what you see is what you get" from the start and in all promo material so far.

I got the impression the expected "twist" mainly comes from several people seeing this title and feeling it's so uninteresting/redundant that there had to be a special hook. Which was further helped by being still relative fresh on the heels of HoX/PoX when announced which was full of retcons and world developments people weren't expecting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Did the writer ever dropped any hint that they had a big twist planned for the book? To me it seems to have been only presented as "what you see is what you get" from the start and in all promo material so far.

I got the impression the expected "twist" mainly comes from several people seeing this title and feeling it's so uninteresting/redundant that there had to be a special hook. Which was further helped by being still relative fresh on the heels of HoX/PoX when announced which was full of retcons and world developments people weren't expecting.
    I think the hint is about how they get his powers. I don't think it will be any earth shattering plot twist, the book is almost one year later to drop

NGL I was definitely excited to read at least the opening arc of this book. Idk what's been confirmed yet vs. what's speculation but the idea of human minorities looking up to the X-Men and wanting to be like them is pretty innovative and definitely a more nuanced way to examine the franchise's central metaphor.

Every theory of who these kids are and how they get their powers felt rife with unfortunate implications, so I'm not sad to see this series get ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm still convinced theres some kind of twist with these guys. I get the vibe there's more to this than "The Young Avengers, but with the X-Men"
    Well, the YA were also not homages to the heroes one would initially think, so they were also "twists".
    And the CotA are probably human fans of the X-men.