Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Same. Kinda upset that Vita got stuck with this sidekick concept/pitch.
    Highly likely she pitched it herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Highly likely she pitched it herself.
    I think she said in an interview the idea came from an editor. Vita probably had to flesh it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    My prediction is on human fans of the X-Men who volunteer to have X-genes spliced into their genome, similar to how Sinister turned himself into a mutant by altering his own DNA.
    These are supposed to be minors right? I don't care how New Age the parents might be, agreeing to have the genes of their kids spliced...let alone with Mutant Genes( who arent the most popular in the 616) seems far fetched

Unleeeees the parents are super type A who believe Mutant genes are the only way their kids could compete in the new KraKoa World.
    Hmmm
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think she said in an interview the idea came from an editor. Vita probably had to flesh it out.
    Yup, they said the initial idea came from Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I like the Chang cover better than the Silva ones, the kids actually look like kids now and it's nice that they appear to be a diverse group. Still dislike pretty much everything about the concept though, which is disappointing because I was looking forward to Vita's book. The first issue is going to have to be spectacular to get me to care.
    Well, both Hickman and Duggan said the first issue is great (I can't find Gerry's tweet now, tho).

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1198152600018812931

BANNED

well... at least its just 5, silver lining, its just 5 pretender flatscans to die in an event to show how bad humans are, or just 5 new pieces to the wallpapper

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Same. Kinda upset that Vita got stuck with this sidekick concept/pitch.
    From their twitter, I think they were the one who embraced it and fleshed it out off of an idea.
    And the fact that they seemed genuinely interested in the concept I don't think they feel "stuck".
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-20-2020 at 08:52 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

That new cover makes it feel less like a new student book and more like a next generation book, a la New Warriors/Young Avengers/Champions. It doesn't have the student feel of the previous young classes of the X-Men. Which is good, because I guess that's the point. These are mutant books, not X-Men books.

I'll read the first issue and see how I feel. Hey, when Exiles came out, it was a mix of new characters and different iterations of existing characters and it lasted 100 issues. So, I'll give this book a chance!

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    These are supposed to be minors right? I don't care how New Age the parents might be, agreeing to have the genes of their kids spliced...let alone with Mutant Genes( who arent the most popular in the 616) seems far fetched

Unleeeees the parents are super type A who believe Mutant genes are the only way their kids could compete in the new KraKoa World.
    Hmmm
    Imagine the forums when the X-Men approve Sinister's experiments on flatscans.

I think people are overthinking it ,It is just new teen mutants dress up like X-men idolize. When concept gets boring they will transition to them being their own unique thing they have own powers anyways.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    ewwww. peach colored "nightcrawler"
    There is a lilac coloured Nightcrawler, in one of the Deadpool books, I remember, she said, vaguely, there’s a panel of ‘our’ Kurt showing him into a lab and telling someone that he’s scared.
    I’ll see if I can find it. It’s after Wolverine died, Deadpool is commiserating with Kurt.

Mighty Member

I'm just gonna repeat that Sinister is right there. Being not a mutant pretending to be a mutant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Well, both Hickman and Duggan said the first issue is great (I can't find Gerry's tweet now, tho).

I'm pretty sure they're contractually obligated to say that regardless of the actual quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

I might give it a chance if it turns out he's being literal and the book is actually about something else than what we've been told so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    That new cover makes it feel less like a new student book and more like a next generation book, a la New Warriors/Young Avengers/Champions. It doesn't have the student feel of the previous young classes of the X-Men. Which is good, because I guess that's the point. These are mutant books, not X-Men books.

I'll read the first issue and see how I feel. Hey, when Exiles came out, it was a mix of new characters and different iterations of existing characters and it lasted 100 issues. So, I'll give this book a chance!
    You know, I think that's good. We've had a lot of school settings and it was time for something new regarding the younger mutants. I still hope that more ex alumns will get to shine in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    There is a lilac coloured Nightcrawler, in one of the Deadpool books, I remember, she said, vaguely, there’s a panel of ‘our’ Kurt showing him into a lab and telling someone that he’s scared.
    I’ll see if I can find it. It’s after Wolverine died, Deadpool is commiserating with Kurt.
    Oh that's interesting. It fuels the theory about previous, already existing. "fans" of the X-Men.