Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

I'm thinking they're chimeras imprinted with false memories so they're loyal to Krakoa. Either way, we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I was not amused by Rasputin while everyone needlessly gushed. This is the exact same kind of waste except now there will be like 40 of them instead of just the one Rasputin.
    I was just going to write that I'd prefer a Rasputin and a Cardinal showing up out of Sinister's primordial goo than new 'mutants' who'll be wallpaper in 6 issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I was not amused by Rasputin while everyone needlessly gushed. This is the exact same kind of waste except now there will be like 40 of them instead of just the one Rasputin.

I guess I can't be mad. They are more or less giving me what I want in X-Force, and New Mutants, Marauders, and Excalibur have some great potential. I can't be bothered that there is supposedly a "X-Men need more duplicate characters" crowd that is getting a book just for them. Yall have at it.

But gotdangit, I really wanted Vita on a cooler base concept.
    You and me both. Rasputin and what's-her-face, the other one, felt like fanfic characters and immediately died without doing anything. I have no idea why they're front and center.

I'll laugh if Cyclops spends more time with these new people then he does his children.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Part of the excitement is not knowing where they are going too.
    That's part of the fear, too.

Honestly, it doesn't seem like Hickman has as much of a focus this time around. I get that all these books are for world building, but what are we building to? I get the excitement to find out the mystery, but what are the overarching themes?

When Hickman had control over Acengers for 3-4 years there was a focus and only 3-4 books. With this? Too much is happening, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    This is essentially Young Avengers the X-Men version , they are meant to be the sidekicks of The X-Men.
    So the 6th generation of sidekicks, now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm thinking they're chimeras imprinted with false memories so they're loyal to Krakoa. Either way, we'll see.
    I was just going to write that I'd prefer a Rasputin and a Cardinal showing up out of Sinister's primordial goo than new 'mutants' who'll be wallpaper in 6 issues.
    I would check out a book about the next set of New Mutants/Hellions/GenX/JGS Special Class/Whatever, but the thing where you take an existing powerset and design, slightly tweak it, and put it on a "new" character has never appealed to me.

I will say that this series may have a fix built in for one of the mistakes Marvel creators make with new characters that doesn't allow them to stick around: They don't connect the new characters to the characters people already love in any meaningful way. If these characters are about how they relate to their favorite hero, that's a nice idea, but not compelling enough in and of itself and certainly doesn't erase the crime of copying powersets.

Were it my decision, we would take the coolest and most appealing of the existing group of unused mutants and turn them into real X-Men, while developing character relationship ties to the bigger names. That's what they did with Quire and Wolverine. It can be done with others.

Marvel limits itself because it only wants the characters to only ever talk to the same characters over and over. Do we really need the New Mutants all on the same damned team again? Use them all but split them the hell up! Meanwhile, you can't throw stones without hitting two characters that have lived together and never spoken. Doing something slightly new almost always has to mean clone characters or round-about way of clone characters (Young O5). It's annoying. Rant done.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Vita is good and Krakoa needs more diversity so I'm fine
    Why not focus more on the diverse young mutants already established?

It makes sense we'd get a new generation with the new status quo. The concept is a bit Young Justice but for X-men which is fun.

Rolling my eyes at about half the thread.

...anyways the cast could consist of...other x-characters just for some fresh air.
    ALSOOOOOO....I'm hoping that Chimera's do not look like ..just copies, let's make some unique characters, Okay?
    Please?

Love the idea of chimera's having their own book and team though. Epic.

BANNED

Fish better be in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'll wait for further details before jumping to uninformed judgements and conclusions.
    Say what now?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think they are trying to get a Kamala or Miles here. I honestly don't think it's going to work but I can't blame them for trying.

Trying to relaunch young characters hardly works for the new audience, you need something new. We are simply not the target audience of this.
    The NXM were the best of the recent attempts, and a large majority of the consumers today read those books. They got X-23 popular, so why not go back to the well that worked. Hell, where is Oya?

Trying to get a Miles/Kamala? X-23 exists and Hellion is basically Emma's namesake with Jean's TK. Rockslide was the new Thing.

Another batch of kids just turns off people, because we know nothing will come of them. How many times can they do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    It makes sense we'd get a new generation with the new status quo. The concept is a bit Young Justice but for X-men which is fun.
    New generation? All the people from before are literally on that island and like 1-2 years older. Literally devolved Jean back into Marvel Girl too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Ah nvm they're Gen Z X men fans who homage older X-men.
    So the Marvel Editors as teens?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    From the incoming the heavy hint is that he is going for omegas

What is the obssession with Ruby Summers LOL
    Ruby just has an awesome design. Now people want a compelling character with said design.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Ruby just has an awesome design. Now people want a compelling character with said design.
    really? I find her design awful. There is a lot more characters waiting on the spotlight and doesn't involve time travel