Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    ewwww. peach colored "nightcrawler"
    Fingers crossed the character in question is an Asian or Middle Eastern male.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're contractually obligated to say that regardless of the actual quality.
    That's pretty likely. Not like they're allowed to say anything negative about any of the books or the company without getting in trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Well, both Hickman and Duggan said the first issue is great (I can't find Gerry's tweet now, tho).

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1198152600018812931
    I appreciate him backing Vita. There's been quite a lot of negative responses so I'm cool with him standing behind them.

I'm getting more intrigued the more I think about it. I like the second cover also and the idea that these may be characters with some kind of linkage to the X-Men from the past is yummy. Either way I'm giving it a shot.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

The one in Deadpool was Asian. Bugging me now I can’t find it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really like the diversity of this team. And Kidcrawler does look Asian.
    However...I'm hoping that we will have more Legacy characters showing up in the book, apart from this initial five.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I'm pretty sure they're contractually obligated to say that regardless of the actual quality.
    That tweet is from a while ago (november), so he said that probably because he wanted to. It wasn't part of the book's launch or anything like that.

This book is gonna look killer, visual-wise. Whether they’re old characters grown up or new characters or humans taking on mutant genomes or new mutant TSS that somehow have powers related to their love of each respective mutant, I have no doubts that this book is gonna be well written and fit right in with the current state of Krakoa.

Just like writers could’ve been contractually obligated to say that about House of X #2 and #5 and look how that turned out.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The idea of applying legacy and sidekick concepts to the X-Men is probably the biggest problem I have with this concept. I would be more willing to give it a shot if it was just new original characters. To me, legacy/sidekick characters only work for solo, archetypal heroes and besides maybe Wolverine, that doesn't really fit the X-Men. I think also because of the idea of a persona vs an identity. Captain America, Iron Man, Superman, Batman are all constructed personas, anyone can adopt those personas and the core concept would still work. The X-Men are mutants and their hero names are a part of their identity, it's who they are, not a costume they wear. When you try to adopt someone else's identity it just feels hollow, insincere, and appropriative.

As if there aren't enough X-babies that aren't being used already. More legacy characters to be used as wallpaper or blown to smithereens for shock value if/when Vita stops writing them. There needs to be some super interesting catch or a spin on the powers of these characters considering the characters they're emulated after. I wish she had made some characters with original powers at least they'd have the slimmest chance of sticking around. I just don't think sidekick legacy characters work in a team concept like the X-men, they'll never get the opportunity to be handed the mantle, and if/when they do you know the fans of the originals will be getting their pitchforks ready.
    Last edited by ChibaMariners; 01-20-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The X-babies are exactly that...exact toddler versions of specific X-Men. They're not actually "legacy" characters.
    From the look of things, these appear to be teenagers...and we don't have a clue as to How, When, Where, Why they look the way they do.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The X-babies are exactly that...exact toddler versions of specific X-Men. They're not actually "legacy" characters.
    From the look of things, these appear to be teenagers...and we don't have a clue as to How, When, Where, Why they look the way they do.
    I love the X-Babies lol
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

im also anoyed these 5 nobodies will have get special treatment in terms of interacting with the older x-men, while the new x-men have been their teammates into all sorts of nasty battles are just reduced to cannon fodder, feels great.
    (yes I AM petty, I AM pressed and I AM salty)
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-20-2020 at 10:54 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I wasn't into this title at the start but the more I hear about it the more I like

So much for Hickman saying they were gonna ease up on creating new X-heroes bc they already have dozens that are unused

All-New Member

No, marvel... We're not buying you new teen mutants! You don't even play with the ones you have at home!!!