Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    has anyone actually confirmed they aren't chimeras?
    Only now Sinister is creating them, so no chimeras

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I think the article they're saying that that was the initial idea. Them being cosplays, essentially. Its likely changed to fit with Krakoa

If they are cosplays, that's terrible. If people can copy everything the X-men are by putting on suits, it kind of screws with the message and themes of X-men. Though I suppose that's true of superheroes in general
    Also it was done a lot better with post Civil War New Warriors where it was literally depowered mutants getting back into the game by wearing power suits.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

This looks incredibly bad. I never skip an x-book, but this may be the first.

What a waste.

One of my favorite Hickman's interviews was the one he said he wasn't going to use new characters because X-men already had a lot of them to give space.
    And now they do it.

BANNED

And yet another new generation of X-Men who will be relevant for maybe a year before being dumped back into Limbo again.

No more wallpaper.

Huh. That’s not what I expected.

Kinda hoping the cosplay is going to lean into mutant fan culture.

BANNED

FemClops is a fetish of mine, but apart from that, nothing interesting. Vita Ayala is kind of good, so I'll give it a try before dismissing it completely, but I'm not sold at all on the concept. Cyclops having any sidekick that isn't Surge feels wrong, just like the others in the covers should be bonded to existing students. Not saying it should replace this book. Art is all about the arist giving what the audience needs instead of what they think they want and all that.

Let's see how this goes. I've seen worse concepts have good executions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    What a waste.

One of my favorite Hickman's interviews was the one he said he wasn't going to use new characters because X-men already had a lot of them to give space.
    And now they do it.
    Even Hickman isn't immune to someone making a pitch that wows the higher ups. How they slide this in without disrupting other plans remains to be seen. Or maybe Hickman was the one who liked the pitch (I never considered that, just don't do Y) in the first place.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

I gotta say that I'm into seeing how these kids became fans of the characters in the other cover. Cyclops and Angel are understandable (maybe Gambit too). Jean and Nightcrawler I don't get. Storm, Northstar and Wolverine fans would make way more sense. I'm curious if Ayala will show in which moment each of them fell for the people they're paying homage to.

BANNED

I was not amused by Rasputin while everyone needlessly gushed. This is the exact same kind of waste except now there will be like 40 of them instead of just the one Rasputin.

I guess I can't be mad. They are more or less giving me what I want in X-Force, and New Mutants, Marauders, and Excalibur have some great potential. I can't be bothered that there is supposedly a "X-Men need more duplicate characters" crowd that is getting a book just for them. Yall have at it.

But gotdangit, I really wanted Vita on a cooler base concept.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Even Hickman isn't immune to someone making a pitch that wows the higher ups. How they slide this in without disrupting other plans remains to be seen. Or maybe Hickman was the one who liked the pitch (I never considered that, just don't do Y) in the first place.
    Yeah, I don't think this would go ahead if Hickman wasn't happy with the pitch.

Personally I think it sounds fun. As someone who's entry into the X-universe was the original NM run, I'm always game to see a new group of young mutants get a shot.

Will the book be good, will it last for more than a year, will these characters have any longevity - who knows? But I'm curious to check it out. If I like it, great. If not, I'll drop it. Plenty of other X-books to spend money on.

Jeez you people are intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The whole thing was that apparently Sinister only wants Omega level Chimeras. He wants their DNA yeah, but there’s no proof he’s isolating his experimentations to just the Omega mutants.
    Yeah you're right. I remembered him saying, "and if I'm going to play, well, I'm going to play with the best toys" but it doesn't conclude that he will only use omegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Kinda hoping the cosplay is going to lean into mutant fan culture.
    An image of Mr. Incredible and Incrediboy just flashed across my mind.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Jean’s pose though