Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So what're the odds that they're Sinister clones and She-clops is a Scott/Emma hybrid.
    I'd like it if they were Chimeras.

What if..

Wolverine/Jean

Scott/Emma

Gambit/Bishop (somebody threw the idea that she might charge the cards with energy absorbed if this was the case and I think it'd be cool)

Nightcrawler/Colossus if only for that tail

Angel/?

Too many people are saltier than Lot's wife over this book. There is likely a higher percentage of existing characters in use than at any time since X-Factor was an O5 book (back when there just weren't all that many characters). Yes, it sucks for fans of the characters that aren't in use, but insisting that every last pre-existing character be in use before introducing anything new is stupid. I don't think many fans were upset that we got some new villains rather than a retread of Factor 3, or the Stranger reappearing to once again take Magneto away.

Writers work better when they get to do some stuff they want to do. I shouldn't need to remind anyone of what happened when Cullen Bunn (an otherwise very good writer) had a bunch of characters he didn't want to write forced on him. Scott became useless, Laura was transformed into Girlverine (she may have Logan's powers but shouldn't have his personality), and Warren went all emo. While this new book might still suck, there is exactly zero chance of anything great happening by forcing a cast upon a writer they aren't inspired by. And I'm tired of when mediocrity was the best we could hope for in the X-books.

And finally, nobody knows how new any of these characters actually are. It seems probable that at least one member of the cast is a deep dive into the past of the X-Men, and it is at least possible that we might see the chimera concept explored here as well.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 01-24-2020 at 01:46 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The more we see them, the more it looks like they're humans mimicking mutant powers.
    No other Krakoan group wears so much inorganic tech. Kid Nightcrawler's tail seems almost a confirmation that their "mutant" features are fabricated. Only that Green Beetle guys looks like he's wearing a normal costume. Maybe Kid Gambit too, but I bet the tech is in her cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The more we see them, the more it looks like they're humans mimicking mutant powers.
    No other Krakoan group wears so much inorganic tech. Kid Nightcrawler's tail seems almost a confirmation that their "mutant" features are fabricated. Only that Green Beetle guys looks like he's wearing a normal costume. Maybe Kid Gambit too, but I bet the tech is in her cards.
    If that were true, we'd need a damn good explanation since they're not big on human tech right now and I don't see them favoring human kids and not mutant kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    If that were true, we'd need a damn good explanation since they're not big on human tech right now and I don't see them favoring human kids and not mutant kids.
    Hmm, maybe they're human kids that feel alone/marginalized so they've become fans of their idol X-Men. I could see the mutants being kind and taking them in, in a sense.

I do like that this is prompting a lot of discussion though!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The new cover makes the Gambit kid look a bit Shi’ar....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I bet you these characters get a longer hook than new Gen-X or Hope and the lights. They are meant to DoX teen team as long as this status quo around they are going to chances for them. The predictions for failure doesn't even make sense they are only 5 of them which means at some point some of the older characters might join there is literally Wolverine clone running around who fits the concept and is close to this age bracket there is room for the concept to grow.
    The difference is X-23 wasn't built around the premise of being a fangirl cosplaying Wolverine, and that's EXACTLY what the information we've gotten so far makes this new team out to be. She had the same powers, but was otherwise being her own person. Even when she put on the Cowl, she was doing it HER way, not his (Hopeless's awful writing in ANXM aside).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    If their humans, I don’t see them being let stay on Krakoa (Greymalkin Habitat?) but I don’t think the long cruel years have stripped the X-Men of the ability of empathise with kids who may/may not be from marginalised groups and who are pro-mutant without being cultists.

Not to mention the more cynical logic on Xavier’s part of PR AND getting a more sympathetic segment in the non-mutant superhero community.

I do see it being controversial in Krakoa, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the X-Men involved are all the old hands from before Wanda sent them all to hell, under the supervision of the Captain-Commander and a Councillor.

Hope there's a twist, that they are chimeras or human. Hopefully this is written well, need some good teen mutants, haven't had many decent ones since Gen X.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I can not describe how much I do not want these kids to be humans. Just, NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I can not describe how much I do not want these kids to be humans. Just, NO.
    Same hahahah I hope they're first generation Chimeras.

But I'm going to give it a shot anyways

having bad flashbacks to Grevioux's new warriors book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The difference is X-23 wasn't built around the premise of being a fangirl cosplaying Wolverine, and that's EXACTLY what the information we've gotten so far makes this new team out to be. She had the same powers, but was otherwise being her own person. Even when she put on the Cowl, she was doing it HER way, not his (Hopeless's awful writing in ANXM aside).
    And pretty much any unbiased person knows they aren't making these guys corny copies of the 5 mutants selected just like X-23 dressing up like Wolverine is cheesy carbon copy . But he lets judge concept on ONE press release and three pictures and most people doing it harshly because many us have characters we like from previous teen attempts.

But anyways moving on The nightcrawler Sidekick is Chinese American

So far a team that looks like it will be lead by Storm with two black characters, one chinese male character and I will wait for official confirmation but Cyclops sidekick looks pretty androgynous /non binary and this very diverse book is written and created by Afro latinx queer person and drawn by Bernard Chang an Asian artist. Others might not be happy but they are reasons to be happy about this team and book.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Fingers crossed the character in question is an Asian or Middle Eastern male.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Gambit should’ve been black.

Idk if anyone saw this but Muppet Jared on Twitter came home with a great theory of who Angel’s X-protege is, which might also help explain who the others might be as well. In X-Factor #66 Charlotte Jones, Angel’s ex, has a son who is shown to be enamored by Warren, clearly idolizing him. The possibility exists that this boy also turned out to be a mutant and followed his pursuit of having Angel as his mentor/inspiration. Or he could be human. Or this could not be the same boy at all. I tend to think it’s a fantastic theory though and I’ll post the twitter link so y’all can see for yourself. He has some other great guesses on there too.

E52B9470-30D0-487C-839F-13A474C367A7.jpg

https://twitter.com/isnownothin/stat...577819136?s=21