Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Don't expect me to be humble when World War X is announced later on. I'm gonna be like, "told ya!".
    We know that humans are going to try to exterminate the mutants, it is what happens in the X-Men comics, tranquility.

Also, remember Hickman even said he's gonna put his toys back in the box eventually.

Maybe try venturing outside this forum (which skews very biased), and you'll see that pretty much everyone knows that this is temporary. In fact, you'll even be able to tell that many are far from pleased with the way things are. It's not universally loved like some people think, even if it's interesting to see, it's more in the "what is this all leading to?" kind of way.

What I said was:

“mutants were still chummy with the non-mutant superhero community”

And that’s what I showed. The only things that mentioned “war” involving Krakoa were Zdarsky’s X/F4 mini (which is being written like Zdarsky heard Hickman’s HOXPOX pitch after it ran through a game of telephone) and X-Men #4 where Magneto lays it flat out that-

Also, remember Hickman even said he's gonna put his toys back in the box eventually.
    He said that in reference to creators breaking toys and leaving them scattered all over the floor for someone else to clean up. Not that he’s totally undoing his story.

Dude, this story is going to reach a natural end. It's like anything else: a temporary status quo meant to tell different stories you can't normally do. It will change a lot, but this is the story being told, not the end result. They'll probably be back in Westchester by 2023 tops, likely when the first MCU X-Men movie is out, and they'll want the comics to be more recognizable. But hey, keep living in fantasy land if it makes you feel better. Just expect it to end. All things do.

I'm done here.

Maybe try venturing outside this forum (which skews very biased), and you'll see that pretty much everyone knows that this is temporary. In fact, you'll even be able to tell that many are far from pleased with the way things are. It's not universally loved like some people think, even if it's interesting to see, it's more in the "what is this all leading to?" kind of way.
    * check X-men sales every month * Are you sure?

Spectacular Member

Hickman's also said he doesn't believe in being destructive, and that he wants his work to be additive because it's more meaningful.

Nothing in "putting the toys back in the box" suggests erasing what he's done, as this is not a new philosophy, but the way he's operated at Marvel from the beginning. The Future Foundation wasn't erased at the end of his FF run, because "putting the toys back in the box" means not leaving it a pile of steaming wreckage for the next creative team, not rolling back the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He said that in reference to creators breaking toys and leaving them scattered all over the floor for someone else to clean up. Not that he’s totally undoing his story.
    Exactly this.

Dude, this story is going to reach a natural end. It's like anything else: a temporary status quo meant to tell different stories you can't normally do. It will change a lot, but this is the story being told, not the end result. They'll probably be back in Westchester by 2023 tops, likely when the first MCU X-Men movie is out, and they'll want the comics to be more recognizable. But hey, keep living in fantasy land if it makes you feel better. Just expect it to end. All things do.

I'm done here.
    I didn’t say anything about Krakoa’s longevity, just that it’s strongly unlikely that this “World War X” is happening. Conflicts, sure. I did underestimate how much Krakoans weren’t taking **** any more so I do agree that they probably won’t be chummy with the entire non-mutant community. But we see Firestar in New Warriors, Dust in Champions, Doc Nemesis in Agents of Wakanda etc etc. Even though Krakoa is taking huge steps to ensure it’s place in the world, steps that can be and has been misinterpreted, Krakoans are still interacting with the larger world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I didn’t say anything about Krakoa’s longevity, just that it’s strongly unlikely that this “World War X” is happening. Conflicts, sure. I did underestimate how much Krakoans weren’t taking **** any more so I do agree that they probably won’t be chummy with the entire non-mutant community. But we see Firestar in New Warriors, Dust in Champions, Doc Nemesis in Agents of Wakanda etc etc. Even though Krakoa is taking huge steps to ensure it’s place in the world, steps that can be and has been misinterpreted, Krakoans are still interacting with the larger world.
    I could easily see at least one storyline where they're the bad guys or events like "Inhumans vs X-men" or "Avengers vs X-men" except with Krakoa. They have a blueprint with the Utopia time period. "Fantastic Four/X-men" is the tip of the iceberg of what's coming, IMO.

BANNED

Funny, aren't you the guy who insisted the mutants were still chummy with the non-mutant superhero community? Yeah, so chummy that Reed Richards prevented his son from going to Krakoa with a device, one that can easily be weaponized. So chummy, that Sue declared that they weren't heroes anymore. So chummy, that Jason Aaron basically confirmed that a mutants vs. MU event is coming in the future. Go ahead, keep living your fantasy world. I'm the one with the warped view, now?

Dude, anyone can tell Krakoa will fall, it's very well telegraphed. That's what everyone actually gets, maybe deep down you do too. Mark my words, by the end, they'll be back in Westchester. It's just a means to tell different stories you can't normally do, like The Initiative or Dark Reign or Outlawed.
    sue storm is a karen that expects mutants to be victims permenantly, who gives a **** what she thinks when she has done nothing to ever help mutants. Superheroes that have not even once helped mutant issues need to stay quiet, had they helped there wouldnt have been a need for krakoa.
    Also aaron's run is being ignored by pretty much every other writer in the marvel universe, do you think hickman is gonna care about mr celestial goo and odin x phoenix shipper? and even that article was basicaly him speaking off his ass, it was clickbait and you fell for it.

God put the x-men and mutants in their universe im so so tired of everyother shite propriety ruining my fun because of clout.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-23-2020 at 07:53 AM.

BANNED

I'm done here.
    so you want the stagnation the school has become a synamous with? you obviously dont know or even care about the x-men if you want that

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    so you want the stagnation the school has become a synamous with? you obviously dont know or even care about the x-men if you want that
    Man you know how most of these comic book fans are.

"We want new interesting stories but don't change anything." xD

Oh I was wondering why this thread suddenly jumped in pages and I can't believe "WOKE comics have RUINED the industry" contigent combined with the "Hickman has turned mutants into a nazi cult of human haters" group... truly the ORCHIS of CBR

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

Like this poster is mad about these gens of heroes not being relevant, i am as well, but I dont sugest a return to the mansion cause literaly almost every younger mutant was in limbo or put into wallpapper status when they left utopia.
    **** the mansion

BANNED

"aaron said" boy aaron said every superhero gene comes from a dead celestial, but I dont see anyone recognizing that, do you? or the vampires, or every other wacky idea he has shoved into his run.
    once the x-men go into the apocalypse mythos conected to the celestials ALL of that will be ignored.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

"X-Fans want change but they don't like change"

- Triniking, 2019
    "Cable was right!"