Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    BANNED

non wolvie sidekicks are doomed to failure, this book will dip under the cancelation line faster than piano in an cartoon

Or we can support the titles that DO have the New Mutants, Generation X, and New X-Men and not constantly trash the title we know little to nothing about. Just a thought.

Still hoping they turn out to be Chimeras. Otherwise not interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Or we can support the titles that DO have the New Mutants, Generation X, and New X-Men and not constantly trash the title we know little to nothing about. Just a thought.
    the first two have a level of security and i am supporting, but the new x-men dont and they deserve a rebirth to their team.
    and yeah we know nothing besides the very core idea and concept of the book, and find it a redudant waste of papper and space.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Still hoping they turn out to be Chimeras. Otherwise not interested.
    I think only one or two might be. The guy who takes after Archangel seems most likely to be the kid he bonded with in X-Factor after having grown up some. But when you have 5 cast members, you don't need to have the same background for all of them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the first two have a level of security and i am supporting, but the new x-men dont and they deserve a rebirth to their team.
    and yeah we know nothing besides the very core idea and concept of the book, and find it a redudant waste of papper and space.
    We can also make some educated guesses on what's going to happen based on released information and things that have been released in the past.
    Also just supporting the book won't guarantee the support goes to what one intends to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the first two have a level of secutiry, new x-men dont and they deserve a rebirth to their team.
    I agree w/ New Mutants but I think Generation X and New X-Men have about the same level of representation in comics rn.

Generation X:
    Jubilee
    Synch (X-Men #5)
    Chamber
    Mondo
    Husk

New X-Men:
    Prodigy
    X-23
    Elixir
    Dust
    Bling!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think only one or two might be. The guy who takes after Archangel seems most likely to be the kid he bonded with in X-Factor after having grown up some. But when you have 5 cast members, you don't need to have the same background for all of them.
    Detective Charlotte Jones' son, Timmy?

That would be an interesting deep dive into obscure and forgotten characters who once had close connections to the X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

they can create as new many characters as the like, as long as they are good characters. it would be pointless to put a number limit on it. but this crop all appear to be lite versions of existing characters. that's not very creative. it definitely doesn't scream staying power. the books could definitely use less of this.

I believe they are chimeras
    Cyclops + Emma
    Jean + Beast
    Nightcrawler + Sunfire or Vulcan
    Gambit + Storm or Bishop
    Angel + Bishop or Storm

Using the Bishop and Storm X-Genes just because they're black would be a bit mmm problematic, at least? Since they're not displaying any of their powers on that cover

(I mean, Chimeras have multiple X-Genes and Storm's mutation is responsible for her white hair, so she would display it I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Using the Bishop and Storm X-Genes just because they're black would be a bit mmm problematic, at least? Since they're not displaying any of their powers on that cover
    that would be hard to prove in Bishop's case. he absorbs energy. this "chimera" (if that's what we're looking at) could be charging those cards with absorbed energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    (I mean, Chimeras have multiple X-Genes and Storm's mutation is responsible for her white hair, so she would display it I think)
    Its not. Storm's white hair is independent of her X-gene

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not. Storm's white hair is independent of her X-gene
    Oh I remembered it was her mutation, but now I'm remembering that she had white haired ancestors too. Sorry my mistake.

Still, outside of physical mutation, somatic features shouldn't be reflect in Chimeras.