Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't see Storm leading this group of characters.
    She might show up in a mentor/adviser/"welcome to Krakoa!" (if they're indeed mutants) capacity but actively leading them? I'm not getting that possibility. Of course, I could be proven absolutely and entirely wrong and the joke will be on me. We shall see.
    I'm interested in seeing the prev-pages and what they might reveal.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The difference is X-23 wasn't built around the premise of being a fangirl cosplaying Wolverine, and that's EXACTLY what the information we've gotten so far makes this new team out to be. She had the same powers, but was otherwise being her own person. Even when she put on the Cowl, she was doing it HER way, not his (Hopeless's awful writing in ANXM aside).
    That doesn’t mean they won’t be their own persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't see Storm leading this group of characters.
    She might show up in a mentor/adviser/"welcome to Krakoa!" (if they're indeed mutants) capacity but actively leading them? I'm not getting that possibility. Of course, I could be proven absolutely and entirely wrong and the joke will be on me. We shall see.
    I'm interested in seeing the prev-pages and what they might reveal.
    Or Storm’s cosplay sidekick is going to be introduced in an upcoming issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Idk if anyone saw this but Muppet Jared on Twitter came home with a great theory of who Angel’s X-protege is, which might also help explain who the others might be as well. In X-Factor #66 Charlotte Jones, Angel’s ex, has a son who is shown to be enamored by Warren, clearly idolizing him. The possibility exists that this boy also turned out to be a mutant and followed his pursuit of having Angel as his mentor/inspiration. Or he could be human. Or this could not be the same boy at all. I tend to think it’s a fantastic theory though and I’ll post the twitter link so y’all can see for yourself. He has some other great guesses on there too.

Attachment 92094

https://twitter.com/isnownothin/stat...577819136?s=21
    Yeah we were kicking this theory around as well, I think Tycon brought it up in the "upcoming" thread. I think it's a fantastic idea.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

1980s: Teenage archetypes
    1990s: Cynical and Jaded
    2000s: Harry Potter
    2010s: Umm Bendis vs Aaron?
    2020s: Fans? Cosplayers? Smart phone gen?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    1980s: Teenage archetypes
    1990s: Cynical and Jaded
    2000s: Harry Potter
    2010s: Umm Bendis vs Aaron?
    2020s: Fans? Cosplayers? Smart phone gen?
    The 10s and I suppose the 20s are also definitely the Ok, Boomer times. And social networks

Ultimate Member

Storm's cosplay sidekick is going to be Darkveil, just 'cause that would be funny.

BANNED

storm's sidekick should be named"new solo book ongoing"

Storm's sidekick will be Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Why does this new title remind me of the teen O5 X-Men from the future.

So now they are repeating this theme with another set of O5 teens with a twist.

Teen Iceman is replaced by a Gambit lookalike
    Teen Beast is replaced by a Nightcrawler lookalike.

It would be much more interesting if they had different powers from their idols.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    It would be much more interesting if they had different powers from their idols.
    Maybe Marvel thinks that fans still want to be stuck in 1960s with the O5 teens again with a twist.

Some of them do have different powers from their idols that is one of more obvious things. Some of them are creativity using their different powers to mimic their idols. Once the gimmick phase is over they will get their own individual looks to go along with their unique powers.

Anyways guessing powers, the Jean Grey sidekick looks like he has earth based powers. The angel sidekick looks like he controls hard light. The Nightcrawler sidekick appears to be coming out of a explosion.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-25-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Too different and you lose the sidekick angle they are aiming for. Similar, but with subtle differences would allow for the best of both worlds though, especially since characters new to their powers have to explore what they can do.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The other angle of this book that nobody has mention is the adults since these guys are sidekicks then there is a likelihood is that the adult X-men mentors is going to spend some time with them and maybe on occasion act as team. So what do people think about Cyclops,Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Angel and Gambit plus Storm as a team?