Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1094
    Mighty Member

If they’re all tech assisted humans, then they shouldn’t be on Krakoa. I’m really not interested in more new (possible) mutants. We have a ton of great characters that have been brought back to be used. Cool. Make it a mini about some X-men fans that tried to do their own heroing thing based on their faves, but don’t bring this into Krakoa. I’d rather see the New X-men kids now they’re reunited.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    If they’re all tech assisted humans, then they shouldn’t be on Krakoa. I’m really not interested in more new (possible) mutants. We have a ton of great characters that have been brought back to be used. Cool. Make it a mini about some X-men fans that tried to do their own heroing thing based on their faves, but don’t bring this into Krakoa. I’d rather see the New X-men kids now they’re reunited.
    Then this isn’t the book for you. Doesn’t mean the rest of us shouldn’t have a good time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Then this isn’t the book for you. Doesn’t mean the rest of us shouldn’t have a good time.
    I didn’t say that you shouldn’t. I’m pretty sure I used I when i wrote that.

The other problem if they are humans with tech to mimic mutants is that they are supposed to be mentored by the X-men, and possibly had their tech supplied by them. Given that they are now the acting forces for a nation, that would technically be a government creating/funding/supporting an armed paramilitary group/vigilante in another country. Its one of those things that has its implications shifted because you factor in the whole 'nation' thing.

But again this is all speculation. If they build the stuff themselves like Riri did with her armor it fixes a lot of it. Though being able to copy most of the 'good' mutant powers with tech kind of makes mutants redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I mean have we been shown that they're going to be permanently staying on Krakoa? I honestly just want this book to come out so we can all stop speculating.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I mean have we been shown that they're going to be permanently staying on Krakoa? I honestly just want this book to come out so we can all stop speculating.
    That's the thing isn't it? A lot of the self-inflicted misery and angst stem from gross speculation based off of superficial information given by the writer and a few promo images. We comic book readers never cease to bring the hilarity.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

I'd rather see it before I utterly trash it, but I wouldn't have minded seeing something to do with actual mutants who need tech-assists, ranging from peeps with bionic limbs like Forge and Karma and that dude from the Acolytes with bionic arms, to those with prosthetics or assistance devices like Hellion, Silhouette, Martha Johanssen and Wiz Kid, or mutants who need tech to actually help them moderate or control their powers like Cyclops, Surge or Jetstream. (Or just mutants-with-tech, who don't have an actual *need* for it, like Archangel.)

There's a *ton* of mutants with stories to tell, out there. Not to mention odd cases like Omega Sentinel and Danger, who aren't mutants, but at least mutant-adjacent.

Fantastic Member

COTA came up briefly in today's X-Men Monday:

AIPT: Unfortunately, we got news recently that Children of the Atom has been delayed a bit longer. What can you tell X-Fans about these mysterious kids to tide them over in the meantime?

Vita: That these kids are going to be getting into exactly the kind of trouble that contemporary kids with access to wild abilities would, and that I think their friend dynamics and earnestness will hopefully make folks love them as much as I do.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With NM and CotA...It would be interesting to see how similar or different they write two individual sets of teens and young adults.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Wild theory and sorry if this has been said in the last 70 pages or elsewhere, but one of the common themes in Moira's lives is the evolution of machine. Tech based allies would be the enemy. What if they have found some way to enhance humans with mutant 'tech', like biological/genetic alterations. That would be the arms race they need to be in to beat the machines to be the first ones to assimilate homo sapiens.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Wild theory and sorry if this has been said in the last 70 pages or elsewhere, but one of the common themes in Moira's lives is the evolution of machine. Tech based allies would be the enemy. What if they have found some way to enhance humans with mutant 'tech', like biological/genetic alterations. That would be the arms race they need to be in to beat the machines to be the first ones to assimilate homo sapiens.
    X-Force has already played with that idea and there is a mutant cult doing the same that we've seen in Cable and Maraurders

Just posted this in Storm thread and not sure if anyone else did but wonder if the Children of the atom are really the champions in hiding do hero stuff as "mutants" because of Outlaw.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    With NM and CotA...It would be interesting to see how similar or different they write two individual sets of teens and young adults.
    NM#14 was great in my opinion and it honestly got me excited to see what Vita has in store for this book. It’ll definitely be interesting to see how the two compare.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well, Forge did combine standard weaponry with Krakoan organic life to make versatile weapons which he jokingly called "Swiss Army Mittens" that low powered mutants can use defensively.
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-16-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Just posted this in Storm thread and not sure if anyone else did but wonder if the Children of the atom are really the champions in hiding do hero stuff as "mutants" because of Outlaw.
    Good theory but considering this was originally supposed to come out last spring, I doubt it. They hadnt been invited to Krakoa yet and of course they still had their ongoing that didnt reference anything from COTA