Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    You know that's not happening.
    It’s not? I already bet my life’s savings on this happening

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    You'll have to excuse me, but when they say they're the "New New Mutants" and the next generation, that would imply they're actually worthy of the title. Back when New Mutants came out, they were actual characters. Here it's just "one has a TikTok".

The only way this could keep going is if they force it on us and hope we'll eventually accept it, which I hope they don't.
    If TikTok existed in the 80s, Sunspot would’ve had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If TikTok existed in the 80s, Sunspot would’ve had one.
    Great.

Would it have been his defining trait? I bet Claremont would know better. This is guy who wrote Nightcrawler, who looks like a blue demon, and he's perfectly comfortable with the way he looks. Any other writer would've taken the most obvious route and had him angst about it all the time, and in this case Kurt would be more than justified in doing so.

So I'm not arguing if Sunspot would've had a TikTok in this hypothetical scenario. But he would've been defined by more than an app. You might say "Well, we haven't read the book yet!" which I've heard too many times already, but the fact is that them using trendy things to define these characters doesn't give the impression that they're actually good. Especially when you factor in their horribly generic appearances and utterly uninspired powers.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s not? I already bet my life’s savings on this happening
    Let's wait for this beer flu to pass first, before betting money.

A meeting could be interesting tho. Hellion would definitely give them a reality slap.

Great.

Would it have been his defining trait? I bet Claremont would know better. This is guy who wrote Nightcrawler, who looks like a blue demon, and he's perfectly comfortable with the way he looks. Any other writer would've taken the most obvious route and had him angst about it all the time, and in this case Kurt would be more than justified in doing so.

So I'm not arguing if Sunspot would've had a TikTok in this hypothetical scenario. But he would've been defined by more than an app. You might say "Well, we haven't read the book yet!" which I've heard too many times already, but the fact is that them using trendy things to define these characters doesn't give the impression that they're actually good. Especially when you factor in their horribly generic appearances and utterly uninspired powers.
    These things are not their defining features. These are things that unique set them as teens in this time period.They are things to stress they are teens from 2000s time period. Their defining traits will come from reading book(yeah I am saying it again) and stuff are flesh out. The big detail they want know about the book that it is about book about the Generation Z/Zoomers as mutants.

Now it is not your fault for assuming tons of stuff about book because they are not letting out a bunch of details on it, There is apparently a twist or big catch they want to keep hidden until the book is released. . The CotA is look is suppose to some what generic like Young Avengers they were plays on the original Avengers

CoTA are plays on the X-men who are their idols

Which bring me back to the powers, I will pretty much guess that mechanically most of these kids powers don't work like the originals. So when this run over unlike most of the Young Avengers Kids,Most of these kids are going to be unique creations meaning unlike Hawkeye is stuck being Hawkeye,Speed is stuck as lesser quicksilver, Patriot is lesser cap. The CotA kids are unique different powers being used to mimic the originals (of course I can be wrong about this) but we can already see that Angel kid and Nightcrawler kid powers work differently
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-23-2020 at 03:38 AM.

Yeah since they're confirmed mutants, I think they will use their powers to mimick their idols like Wiccan and Hulkling used to. Which could lead to them abandoning these lookalike looks as the series progresses. I'm kind of releaved they're mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    These things are not their defining features. These are things that unique set them as teens in this time period.They are things to stress they are teens from 2000s time period. Their defining traits will come from reading book(yeah I am saying it again) and stuff are flesh out. The big detail they want know about the book that it is about book about the Generation Z/Zoomers as mutants.

Now it is not your fault for assuming tons of stuff about book because they are not letting out a bunch of details on it, There is apparently a twist or big catch they want to keep hidden until the book is released. . The CotA is look is suppose to some what generic like Young Avengers they were plays on the original Avengers

CoTA are plays on the X-men who are their idols

Which bring me back to the powers, I will pretty much guess that mechanically most of these kids powers don't work like the originals. Some when this run over unlike most of the Young Avengers Kids,Most of these kids are going to be unique creations meaning unlike Hawkeye is stuck being Hawkeye,Speed is stuck as lesser quicksilver,Patriot is lesser cap. The CotA kids are unique different powers being used to mimic the originals (of course I can be wrong about this) but we can already see that Angel kid and Nightcrawler kid powers work differently
    How are you not getting the gripes here?

If these characters were interesting, they might have been introduced with something more than just "one has a TikTok". How about giving us some description to them as characters, rather than just an app? Also, this is combined with them looking like bland Deviantart OCs, and in Marvel Comics that just isn't acceptable, as is the fact that they're literally just poor man's copies of the X-Men. These issues combined just scream at an attempt to be relevant, and doing horribly at that.

Oh, and I should add that them being so uninspired as characters doesn't even make sense in universe. Don't teens in general want to be their own person, not tied to adults? It'd make more sense for them to be distinct considering that.

These characters don't add to the universe, only subtract to it. Dawn of X is now worse because of this title. Hickman's entire saga has now lessened in quality because this **** is part of it. In fact, in World War X, the event of mutants vs. MU that we all know is coming, I hope they're used as fodder where they get massacred by supervillains and then forgotten. This is just insulting. In fact, I'll post a comment that was on New Warriors, but is applicable here, too.

I'm all for new characters, but how about putting more effort into making these characters interesting than none at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah since they're confirmed mutants, I think they will use their powers to mimick their idols like Wiccan and Hulkling used to. Which could lead to them abandoning these lookalike looks as the series progresses. I'm kind of releaved they're mutants.
    Yeah at some point they will get new looks,They probably already have original nicknames, They can use powers differently. They are going to be unique characters.

I also expected if they are struggle they can swap out some members for some of the popular kids sitting around or they can just add on a couple as well. It is only 5 of them and X-men rosters are general around 7 people.

If these characters were interesting, they might have been introduced with something more than just "one has a TikTok". How about giving us some description to them as characters, rather than just an app? Also, this is combined with them looking like bland Deviantart OCs, and in Marvel Comics that just isn't acceptable, as is the fact that they're literally just poor man's copies of the X-Men. These issues combined just scream at an attempt to be relevant, and doing horribly at that.

Oh, and I should add that them being so uninspired as characters doesn't even make sense in universe. Don't teens in general want to be their own person, not tied to adults? It'd make more sense for them to be distinct considering that.

These characters don't add to the universe, only subtract to it. Dawn of X is now worse because of this title. Hickman's entire saga has now lessened in quality because this **** is part of it. In fact, in World War X, the event of mutants vs. MU that we all know is coming, I hope they're used as fodder where they get massacred by supervillains and then forgotten. This is just insulting. In fact, I'll post a comment that was on New Warriors, but is applicable here, too.

I'm all for new characters, but how about putting more effort into making these characters interesting than none at all?
    Oh c'mon, I hate the TikTok stuff but that was a trailer, it was not an essay about their character traits. We need to at least read the #1.

I hate their costumes too. I hope they change them.

Yeah at some point they will get new looks,They probably already have original nicknames, They can use powers differently. They are going to be unique characters.

I also expected if they are struggle they can swap out some members for some of the popular kids sitting around or they can just add on a couple as well. It is only 5 of them and X-men rosters are general around 7 people.
    The blonde girl also doesn't use Ruby quartz glasses so probably she's simulating Scott's powers. I'm very interested by this aspect.

How you not getting they are not releasing any info except they are Zoomer kids and trying to keep all other stuff secret. This a X-men version of Young Avengers,Young Justice or Teen Titans this isn't anything to gripe about that much.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-23-2020 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh c'mon, I hate the TikTok stuff but that was a trailer, it was not an essay about their character traits. We need to at least read the #1.

I hate their costumes too. I hope they change them.
    It didn't need to be an essay. They could've at least told us anything about them, anything that might be interesting. At this point, it feels like they put no effort into making these characters, probably because they didn't. I think even Rob Liefeld put more effort in the characters he made, at least in regards to Marvel. I mean, sure the proportions were off, but he still made characters that were visually distinctive with unique power sets and and abilities.

Note, I'm not giving praise to Liefeld, I'm just showing that even he put more effort into his new characters than Ayala did. Deadpool, Cable and Domino are A-listers, even if it was mainly due to other creators (Fabian Nicieza especially). I can't imagine Black Lady Gambit becoming a big deal, ever. Granted, in Image he was just as lazy with knockoffs, but he had full control there but in Marvel he had to work at a higher standard. The kind of higher standard that should've prevented this from existing.

How you not getting they are not releasing any info except they are Zoomer kids and trying to keep all other stuff secret. This a X-men version of Young Avengers,Young Justice or Teen Titans this isn't anything to gripe about that much.
    No, an X-Men version of those teams would be New Mutants, Generation X, Academy X, or Young X-Men. All of which displayed better characters from the first day than this.

Is this the gatekeeping thread yet?

No new character introduced in Young X-Men had even a tolerable level of quality when it came to their introduction. Besides, you hear in the trailer how much Vita’s thought out these characters. Weird to talk about how we know nothing about these characters when that’s the point. Just like we knew nothing about the Young Avengers besides they were young and looked a helliva lot like Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye, Iron Man, and Giant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Let's wait for this beer flu to pass first, before betting money.

A meeting could be interesting tho. Hellion would definitely give them a reality slap.
    yeahh idk post-Decimation Hellion is pretty protective over younger mutants.