Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    So we're all onboard with the idea that Sinister has started making Chimera right?
    Given the fact that they have so many similar powers as other characters I’d say so, it’s either that or gear that allows the copying of powers.

Personally I’m interested in where this will go and how it will play into Hickman’s overall plot.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Is this a book about the future? X+100 or whatever it was from HoX/PoX with the chimeras?
    Some could be chimeras, but it sounds more like a present day thing, or near future at the most.

I'm intrigued at the idea of x-sidekicks personally. Other than Logan, I think the entirety of everyone else might have had half a sidekick. New students without connections to anyone else outside of 'being mutants too aren't sidekicks, but more of a new generation ( something non-X books don't really do).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    So we're all onboard with the idea that Sinister has started making Chimera right?
    I’m gonna pretend they aren’t kids who grew up loving the X-Men because that concept sucks so:

Blondie: Cyclops + White Queen
    Archangel clone: Angel + •—[A]—•
    Green guy: Hellion + Rictor
    Gamby: Gambit + Storm
    Splodey-crawler: Boom-Boom + Nightcrawler
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-17-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's definitely one of those cases where the writer and artist are the driving forces for picking up a book. I have full faith in the quality and I'm sure these kiddos will grow on me quickly. I'm especially interested in how Warren will fit into this since we haven't seen much of him.
    Honestly I'm not sold on Vita (due to unfamiliarity with their work) but the characters are certainly intriguing enough and new enough (I do hope they are Chimera, actually, as that would be even more interesting and ties in directly with Krakoa).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Archangel seems to have african features face wise.

I’m not sure they were saying that they’re kids who did in fact grow up loving the X-Men but just more as a base to the type of characters they are? More a “if they were real.”
    Last edited by Psycwave; 01-17-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m gonna pretend they aren’t kids who grew up loving the X-Men because that concept sucks so:

Blondie: Cyclops + White Queen
    Archangel clone: Angel + •—[A]—•
    Green guy: Hellion + Rictor
    Gamby: Gambit + Storm
    Splodey-crawler: Boom-Boom + Nightcrawler
    They are cosplays, Xavier files confirmed it.

Hard pass.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Honestly I'm not sold on Vita (due to unfamiliarity with their work) but the characters are certainly intriguing enough and new enough (I do hope they are Chimera, actually, as that would be even more interesting and ties in directly with Krakoa).
    Apparently Vita has written Livewire for Valiant, Prisoner X for Age of X, Current Morbius comic, and some indie stuff.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

at this point there will be a teen x-pets before a new x-men book with characthers we already know.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They are cosplays, Xavier files confirmed it.
    Huh! Hmmm.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Shard and Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Archangel seems to have african features face wise.
    The more I look at him, I think you’re right. The “blue face” looks like a face visor.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I’m not sure she was saying that they’re kids who did in fact grow up loving the X-Men but just more as a base to the type of characters they are. More a “if they were real.”
    Vita’s pronouns are they/them.

I think the article they're saying that that was the initial idea. Them being cosplays, essentially. Its likely changed to fit with Krakoa

If they are cosplays, that's terrible. If people can copy everything the X-men are by putting on suits, it kind of screws with the message and themes of X-men. Though I suppose that's true of superheroes in general

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I think the article they're saying that that was the initial idea. Them being cosplays, essentially. Its likely changed to fit with Krakoa

If they are cosplays, that's terrible. If people can copy everything the X-men are by putting on suits, it kind of screws with the message and themes of X-men. Though I suppose that's true of superheroes in general
    They are mutants too