I'm still reserving judgment until it hits, because it seems such a nebulous title where I'm sure I won't know how I feel until I actually have that book in my hands, BUT

I'm so sick of reading the Gen Z pitch line. Not because I'm not interested in Zoomer mutants (opposite!) but because it so blatantly and unashamedly undermines the typical excuse of not building on the 'old' School Age characters. Editorial refuses to age them up because they need a body of school age kids? Fine, I don't hate this half as much as other posters on here do. We then get a book, specifically concerning the generational crisis of this age group and those characters are excluded from it. Like I'm no Eye-Boy fan, but what is he if not Generation Z? Why age down characters to keep them school age and then never utilise them? One of my favourite things that Hickman said was not inventing new characters if they weren't necessary and that made me so excited about the whole new epoch but I'm tired man. I'm just so tired.

And, you know, I'm sure there's a potential turnaround or some unique hook that makes this book and its characters worthwhile. It's just the messaging that grates, and even feels a tad... spiteful? But Strain's Gen X had a similar problem ('We chose this cast to focus on the kids who aren't in constant use', despite the fact the supposed big names had been absent for nearly a decade) and I turned around on that eventually. I'm just bleh and venting and trying to be mad at stuff not related to people's personal hygiene.

Sorry guys I'll go back to my New X-Men Complete Collections now